It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-year-old Saudi boy kills father over PlayStation: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this but here it goes anyway...

An angry four-year-old Saudi boy shot and killed his father for refusing to buy him a PlayStation, Saudi media reported on Monday. The Asharq daily, citing police in the southern Jizan area, said the child, aged four years and seven months, grabbed his father's pistol and shot him in the head.
According to the newspaper, the child had asked his father to buy him a PlayStation and the shooting took place after the man returned home without the desired object.

As he was undressing, the man put the weapon down, which the child then grabbed and fired at him from close range.

www.hindustantimes.com...

A four-year-old Saudi boy shot his father in the head while playing with his gun at their house, reportedly after his parent refused to buy him a PlayStation video game console.
­
After the boy and his father returned home from the shop, the man, in his forties, put down his pistol while taking off his shirt.

He did not notice that his son had grabbed his gun and was playing with it before putting his little finger on the trigger.

The father died instantly.

Some media reports however suggest the death was an accident, although Arabic media has already labeled the boy the youngest killer in Saudi Arabia.
Consoles of discord
— Last month, a 15-year-old boy in the Philippines has been killed in an attempted robbery. He was attacked by two motorcycle-riding thieves after his PlayStation Portable (PSP) as he was playing it in front of his house.
— In March 2011, a Japanese woman killed her three-year-old daughter because she was too “noisy” and disturbed her and her boyfriend while they were playing a videogame. Yui Tanaka bound her daughter’s feet and hands by tape, and stuffed her in a garbage bag, where the girl soon suffocated.
— In 2010, a 16-year-old Chilean teenager stabbed his 18-year-old brother for playing his PlayStation console without permission.
— Also in 2010, a 14-year-old Russian boy bludgeoned his father to death with a sledgehammer in his sleep after his parents took away the keyboard in order to stop him from playing computer games overnight.
— Back in 2008, a man in Philadelphia was found guilty of murdering his 17-month-old daughter two years earlier. The evidence showed that Tyrone Spellman beat the infant to death after she accidentally damaged his Xbox gaming system. He then moved the body in order to make the death look like an accident.

rt.com...

...Can you imagine this ?!?!?
....An angry 4 (FOUR) year old boy that kills his father for refusing to buy him a playstation ???
..... who's fault is it ? ...TV ? .....His parents ? ....Society and modern life in general ? ......OR maybe this is a very "special" kid ? .....Shocking in every way, don`t you think so ?

edit on 24-4-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
well he his only 4 years old. He most likely didn't understand what the consequences of his actions would be.
I feel sorry for the family invovled and especially for this poor kid , just imagine when he grows up.
Thinking about it, this story doesn't make any sense and the article doesn't provide any information really. You sure this is real?
edit on 24-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nice going, kid. NOW is your dad going to buy you a PlayStation? I've actually shot my father in the head on several occasions. I'm not proud of it but its helped me out of many a jam.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Yes, maybe you`r right, but I think that`s not the only explanation coz unfortunatly kids watch violence all over these days and don`t have this kind of attitude when they are this age. Must be very rare, I think

Related news at 2nd quote/link suggest people`s brain like hypnotised to kill ?!
edit on 24-4-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Wow imagine if he had the chance to play some shooting games. He'd go on a massacre!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Four year old children don't have a concrete grasp of death. They are also impulsive, egotistical, and violent. These are normal developmental phases.

My guess is that this child saw guns often in his area and impulsively grabbed it.

Tragic. And can you imagine the guilt this child will feel as he matures?

new topics

top topics

join