It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jobcentre conspiracy, this is getting ridiculous.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I was laid off after 13 years and refused any unemployment money. So complaints about getting pushed out of the money bin don't garner any sympathy from me. These job centers are private companies paid by the government and all they care about is getting paid.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemon

hello spacemon
the subject is not for discussion on ats due to the crazy evolution in posts and the little matter of we are in so's kitchen and it's not appropriate for conversation. as much as i would like to discuss to pro's and cons of the subject, it is indeed off topic. nothing personal, however if you read any of so's thread on the matter, you will understand how quickly some members were banned.
best wishes fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Dear fakedirt.

Thank you very much for the advice. I am am relatively new to this site. But I still maintain however freedom of speech; even yahoo are allowed to make this point on mass media. Many thanks for the pointers any how.

My kindest regards,
spacemon.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mirko

keep your chin up and gather as much evidencial paperwork as possible. the more paperwork the better. i myself work full time whereas my wife is disabled. the atos medical assessment put her in bed for several weeks thus leaving me to stop work and assist. i would say there are probably no employers out there capable of giving such a stretch of absenteeism to an employee so it's a good thing i work for myself.

when the paperwork regarding wifey came through, i was furious. went outside to give my head a shake then decided to collate as much information on the matter as possible. it became quite a fat file and i couldn't wait for the appeal. a couple of days before the appeal attendance, a letter dropped in stating the original decision was overturned.
i informed the various agencies involved in this that it is my intention to be present at any future assessments and i shall be taking notes especially on the performance of the assessor and the questions presented.

it may be of benefit to you to ask friends and relatives for statements with regards your state of health and the problems you face on a daily basis. this does add weight to an appeal.
best wishes fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I used to work for the Jobcentre, one of the centres in London. My experiences there were horrific. The manager was an African man who was into some shady business with a lower Asian guy, where they were talking openly about doing some form of housing scams for big money. Then there was the drunk guy who would come plastered to work and everybody felt sorry for him and allowed him to sleep off his drunkenness in the staffroom. The apathy and indifference from staff was appalling. I would never recommend working at any jobcentre. My attempts at helping people with their CV's and going out of my way to help those in need was frowned upon by the big boss who was a gay pri** not that his sexuality matters but still that's what he was. Anyway my efforts were seen by one of the team leaders and in the 6months i was there i was offered a promotion which i openly spoke about in one meeting (should have stayed quiet) to everyone's gasps of disapproval.. it was quite funny though.. seeing the shock and horror on so many faces that were after this position that was offered to a semi newbie. Anyway my point is that the staff treated their clients like dirt.. looking down on them, degrading them and giving them little hope or encouragement. People at the Jobcentre are the most incompetent local riff raff you can find, in fact many of them would probably be on the dole if they weren't hired by such a shambles of a system. I am so glad i was let go after my 6 month contract and that was simply because an unhappy member of staff had a quiet word in the ear of Mr Gay who then said were sorry we have no more places for you to fill.. after i was offered the promotion... go figure.. anyways my best advice to all of you that are on jobseekers allowance is to switch your benefit to ESA.. you may need to see your dr once a month for a sick note but it means you dont have to go to the jobcentre and deal with their crappy useless staff or attend interviews for jobs!
edit on 29-4-2012 by Oxygenation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
the benefits system is there to help people who are out of work, not trick them into recieving less money.

It was once its not any more its rampant with fraud they are probably paid some under the table incentive to get you off benefits by committing fraud.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There does seem to be a conspiracy against the American job seeker- IMO.
Maybe it isn't intentional. Maybe it isn't really....conspiracy really, but things are not in one's favor.

I do know someone who works at one that has made sure his family all have good jobs. (None of them w/college educations.)

Maybe they steer certain people wrong to maneuver others into the interviews.

My husband has 16 years experience w/a certain software. They had to 'refer' his application and did not. Reason: they needed someone with 6 MONTHS experience. Weird things like that happened to him several times. We also had the 'we will send you a letter" thing that happened and he got the letter the day of the interview. He was helping a family member of his w/ an appointment and everything got all messed up. Appointments, IMO, really should be scheduled W/you. No, you are out of work, but that doesn't mean you never have to be eanywhere ever again, like a school conference already scheduled.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

there seems to be some merit in the conspiracy that individuals get sanctioned
when appointments are missed and the agency/job centre insist that they sent out
the notification. i have argued with the job centre on behalf of an innocent relative
who was sanctioned with losing an amount of money. the initial conversation from
the official was stern and aggressive. i immediately stopped them in their tracks
and notified them that no letter was sent due to the relative using my home as
the contact address. when i implied that i would look into and take advice on this,
stating that this sanction was highly unfair in it's punishment, the official dropped
the threat and apologised insisting it must have been the postal service at fault.
a good question to throw at them when the above is the case.

'do you utilise chain of custody and keep electronic records of the post that is sent
out to potential job seekers?' i am sure this will open a can of worms.

we are all under the threat of losing jobs and any if any semblance of financial
security be it hand to mouth or long term investments. effectively we are all over a
barrel and a little knowledge in the art of procedure, duty of care and other considerations
determines whether vaseline is used or not.

f.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join