It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids and stars - Alignment....Real or shopped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this....

Simple question here...

www.facebook.com...

edit on 24-4-2012 by Jakal26 because: Apparently I don't know what I'm doing

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

They are definitely not stars... and I'm pretty damn sure it's shopped.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Well, I am pretty sure that constellation is supposed to be Orion. Whether or not it is shopped, I am not sure, but I will say that getting a shot like that is all about viewer perspective. I have also heard that the pyramids are actually lined up with the constellation in some sort of way.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
im thinking this is photo shopped. yes the pyramids mimic the belt of orion,but i've never seen them like this before or so bright! they look brighter than venus! im in canada not egypt so maybe im wrong.
but in canada,the belt is far from being this bright and this large!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

I agree....it is about viewer perspective.
I looked around a bit and found that this perspective should be possible given the "alignment(s)" shown
here....astrobob.areavoices.com...

Seems a very real possibility that with the right lighting this shot could be taken...whether this one is real or not....I am leaning towards what SpearMint is saying.....they don't seem to be "real" stars here.....seems they may have taken a shot and "tweaked" it a bit....
I just wanted a bit of feedback here as it was posted and no one seemed to be asking about the legitimacy of the pic....just going on with the "WOW" and "amazing" and wild speculation about the "meaning"......LOL

Thanks for the responses....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm thinking that same thing.....they seem a bit TOO bright and clear...
But again......based on the viewers perspective.....as Amaeus was saying...it does seem it MIGHT be possible...

Beautiful image, imo, either way.....
Curious was all....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Shopped.

I think this is the original photo.......... before shopping!

After shopping!

source
edit on 24/4/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

And WAY too big. Not sure about the colours either.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
LOL.....yes, I think that could be the original shot....or one VERY similar.

You know...now that I look again, with it enlarged like that....I am not sure why I even asked. It seems rather obvious now.

I agree....
Thanks for "setting me straight" and not letting me stray down the wild speculation for nothing path to nowhere guys

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The constellation which is believed to actually be in alignment with the three pyramids is Cygnus.

Here is a summary of the findings:

SOURCE

However, the picture is photoshopped. The three stars in orion are NOT in a completely straight line. Nor are those of Cygnus.

Here is an existing link on ATS discussing the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Thanks for the links....

Hey, if nothing else, I learned a few things while looking a bit deeper into this particular picture.

Also realizing it is probably about time to start educating myself in regards to some constellations...(something I have yet to take time to do during this life on this plane)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Apparently the image is used to illustrate a supposed upcoming event on 12/3/12. I bumped into this photo on Facebook with the following caption:

"Planetary alignment that will take place Dec 3, 2012 is dead-on alignment with the Pyramids at Giza. Night Sky in Giza, Egypt on December 3, 2012, local time … one hour before sunrise compared with the Pyramids at Giza. Planets inline: Mercury / Venus / Saturn - Image generated by Starry Night Pro"

Not really sure whether to believe it, coming from FB, I went searching for more info and found this:
2012 and the Pyramids at Giza… by Charles Marcello

Interestingly, the link above contains a link back to ATS.

edit on 19-8-2012 by 321equinox because:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Wouldn't it HAVE to be photo shopped since it only occurs once every 2737 years ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Alien tech at work.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 321equinox

I don't buy it...
I don't think there is any "alignment".

I imagine that from the correct angle (standing and taking the picture) that anyone could snap this shot.
Change the angle that the shot is taken and it wouldn't be the same....of course, with the amount of stars in the sky, any three would do when shopping a picture to post online for many others to eat up and take as truth.

I'm going to do some more digging but since I have been digging have found nothing on it...besides what you are saying here...I have seen the fb picture as well....

Like I said, correct angle...or any angle now that I think about it a bit more....and you could take any three stars that "match" and shop them to show up all shinny.....bam, got your "alignment".....

top topics

join