It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Year Old Accused by TSA of "Passing Gun to Grandma" because she hugged her in line

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
The TSA = Proof that the "terrorists" have won

(and by "terrorists" I mean neo-cons, Blackwater, mil-industrial complex and on and on...)

don't forget enablers, justifiers www.abovetopsecret.com...
and those who like being cavity searched

the only way to win this game is by not playing at all
edit on 24-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added link

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
OK. The premise is that the TSA are a bunch of thugs run amok. Personally, that's a bit strong, I think. Are there problems? Obviously.

My own experience with TSA is limited, and I, for the foreseen future, intend to keep it that way. Some are power tripping bullies...most are probably not.

I suppose the question here is, "what do you, meaning all of you, intend to do about it?" Other than moan about it, I mean...

The best way in the world to handle this stuff at airports is for a massive number of people to tell the airlines that I (you) won't be flying again, anytime soon. ...and tell 'em why. Trust me when I say, when it begins to effect their bottom line, the airlines will force the change.

Boycott the airlines, and let them know why you're boycotting. Eventually they'll make the changes happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
don't forget enablers, justifiers www.abovetopsecret.com...
and those who like being cavity searched

Derep,

Thanks for that Gem! Good work there, thats awesome. So,
there is no guessing where the instigation comes from...Its plainly obvious!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

you're welcome
the link to the free book
that details the situation the us and the world is in
and provides non violent solutions [total boycott a la John Galt
was removed as off topic

but can be found on my profile

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Even the Former TSA Head just went on record a few days ago saying
that The TSA is A National Embarrasment!

Former TSA Head Calls Airport Security A National Embarrassment

Former administrator of the TSA, Kip Hawley:

Airport security in America is broken. I should know.

For 3½ years—from my confirmation in July 2005 to President Barack Obama's inauguration
in January 2009—

I served as the head of the Transportation Security Administration.

You know the TSA. .....

"it is a national embarrassment"

online.wsj.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Boycott the airlines, and let them know why you're boycotting. Eventually they'll make the changes happen.

You are right. Nobody hears us talk. Everybody hears money talk.
I just wish more people would understand we could change a lot by just not buying.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattNC
In all these situations, there's a common thread: the passenger freaked out. I've been in situations like this at the airport. If you stay calm, stick to the facts, and let them work their process, worst that happens is you get delayed.

And if your calm and cooperative and you still miss your flight, they hook you up. But freaking out on the spot only makes things slow down.

If it's a kid freaking out, the kid needs to be controlled and assured by the parent. If the child sees the parent calm, cool, and collected, the kid will be the same.

People are mistaking "freedom of speach" for "freedom to act like a fool and still have the world cater to them".
edit on 24-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)

I don't think you understand. This isn't a prison. People aren't expected to "stay in line" and "be orderly". You are not to wake up every day with the expectation to be "put in your place". You're a human being and should act as such. Parents of future young human beings shouldn't subject their young to this and then reassure them this is normal.

No offense, but your response is very chilling.

All I have echoing in my head when I read stuff like this is, "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

edit on 24-4-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

good. we don't want you here with you're pissy attitude anyway...i live in south florida an see you ignorant tourist all the time...one question..why do you foreign tourists think you own the place and that we owe you something? The germans are the worst..nothing gives me greater pleasure than to bitch slap a mouthy tourist

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is just a continuation of the trend. Bullet proof screens protecting cashiers, armed police walking down the halls of schools, protesting in sanctioned areas, and so on. Police-state mentality.

We're all the bad guys because there're a few bad apples.

It's a slow change (aka. cancer), but it's happening in all aspects of society.

Step out of line and you're a suspected criminal. You will be punished severely.

It starts in school with robotic teachers and aides and strict policy (to PREVENT mishap).

Every school is a possible Columbine. Every kid is a potential Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold.

I'll admit that I'm exaggerating for effect, but this slow change is real and present.
edit on 24-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sorry, but if you can't do this, you can't do that, you can't go to a museum without being considered a potential terrorists because you look different and scary, and no matter what mere accusations means you're guilty no matter what, then you very much are in a prison system.

Thank yew fer yer support Amerika.

Looks like I'll have to buy me a boat sometime and head to Australia.

But nooooo.... they'll just come after me there.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lets all not fly for a day in protest of the polices of the TSA and see what happens. Lets all find alternate forms of transportation unless it's absolutely necessary to fly and yes if it's a 15 hour drive adjust our schedule to drive those 15 hours. Think of how all the businesses along the travel routs would be helped while at the same time sending a message stating we wont put up with the way they do business.

I understand a need to protect the public but don't be paranoid about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This system is just begging for homegrown action. And I dont mean like these fake FBI instigated idiots or the beer belly laden "militia" types.

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if there was some RAF style group building up right now.

They thought West Gernamy was a police state. West Germany aint got # on the USA.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I'm from Canada, ok we're getting up there with the scum bag politicians and fascist laws, but I live about an hour from the New York border and I don't even want to go over there anymore. Not flying, not driving. But I'll tell you one thing. When it's in the US it will be coming to Canada in the near future. It's a damn shame too. It scares me a bit that my kids are going to grow up in this kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

In all these situations, there's a common thread: the passenger freaked out. I've been in situations like this at the airport. If you stay calm, stick to the facts, and let them work their process, worst that happens is you get delayed.

And if your calm and cooperative and you still miss your flight, they hook you up. But freaking out on the spot only makes things slow down.

If it's a kid freaking out, the kid needs to be controlled and assured by the parent. If the child sees the parent calm, cool, and collected, the kid will be the same.

People are mistaking "freedom of speach" for "freedom to act like a fool and still have the world cater to them".
edit on 24-4-2012 by MattNC because: (no reason given)
If you read or re- read the story you will see the kid freaked out because the TSA employees freaked out. And I do know of one friend who found out a former employee just got a job at the TSA. I hope it is some clerical position because this person was an HR nightmare, very aggressive, history of threatening coworkers, and a pattern of sexually harassing female coworkers at social functions at work while intoxicated.

That being said, my own experience encountering TSA with my own child was fine. The TSA agents we met going from Dulles to Logan were friendly and professional and reasonable. They were very nice to my then five year old and carefully guided her through security. But that was before the implementation of the new scanners and enhanced pat-downs.

Even before the new security procedures, flying was becoming increasingly difficult for elderly and disabled travelers. My parents and inlaws and elder aunts and uncles have all sworn off flying. There will be no more family reunions in this Post 9-11 world.

That's why I get upset when I read comments elsewhere on ATS where people say we USA citizens are arrogant and culturally narrow minded because we don't leave our country and visit our other countries more and only about 25% of us have passports. It's getting hard enough traveling within our own large country. How the heck are we supposed to afford the cost and the potential humiliation of travel abroad?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I hate this. The TSA truly has zero common sense. Even the former CEO of the TSA says it's all just a big show...

Ever heard of TSA red team? Look it up sometime if not. It is a division of the TSA that goes around testing TSA security measures....Most of the time the TSA fails miserably.

A child hugging some one is just that, a child hugging some one. It's high time we remove these boobs that call themselves the TSA because they are utterly clueless. They have no common sense or logic. At all.

This is simply ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
OK. The premise is that the TSA are a bunch of thugs run amok. Personally, that's a bit strong, I think.

That is not the premise for me. The premise for me is that as a whole the TSA lacks common sense and logic.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It takes a certain kind of personality to stay calm when some authoritative figure start freaking out like that (and I'm talking about the TSA here). Also, what do you mean by "cooperative"? Helping them look through stuff? No that's suspicious. Being friendly and chatty? No, that's definitely suspicious. Opening your bags for them? Oh so suspicious. Standing some distance away and letting them do whatever they do (such as stealing your iPad)? Very suspicious, there is definitely something suspect with you not wanting to be that near your bags. So what do you mean by being cooperative?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
The TSA = Proof that the "terrorists" have won

(and by "terrorists" I mean neo-cons, Blackwater, mil-industrial complex and on and on...)

I agree, some perverts wanted to touch and feel up
a 4 year old girl... In any other situation
this would be sexual assault. These TSA folks
are a joke.. morons is the correct term.. These
stories of kid's getting molested makes my blood
boil... All because islamic terrorists use children to strap bombs
to.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What would it take to generate and publish a complete list of TSA employees and their home addresses? That alone may reign in some of this idiocy. Shouldn't be difficult.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow did you see the picture??? Clearly a terrorist!!

This is rediculous. Probably a bunch of Pedo TSA people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join