It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day Eleven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Day #Eleven

Hello ATS! I am Amaeus and I enjoy writing and topics of a conspiratorial nature. I also like to combine the two because sometimes, when the conditions are just right there is sometimes an EXPLOSION of interesting words that form sentences that come from the tips of my fingers, which are connected to my hands, which are connected to my arms, which are connected to my body, which is connected to my brain.....and it makes me feel good.

I hope you will enjoy my company, just as I have enjoyed yours while lurking over the past 2 years.

Amaeus

**Mod Edited**
Please see welcome post below
edit on 4/24/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Congratulations Grand Story Teller, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Amaeus

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Have a special topic in mind? Then be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one, duplicate threads are eventually 'trashed'. To save yourself future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just a sidenote to the membership..

Amaeus is one heck of an author and I think you'll enjoy what they post..!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaeus
Day #Eleven

Hello ATS! I am Amaeus and I enjoy writing and topics of a conspiratorial nature. I also like to combine the two because sometimes, when the conditions are just right there is sometimes an EXPLOSION of interesting words that form sentences that come from the tips of my fingers, which are connected to my hands, which are connected to my arms, which are connected to my body, which is connected to my brain.....and it makes me feel good.

I hope you will enjoy my company, just as I have enjoyed yours while lurking over the past 2 years.

Amaeus

**Mod Edited**
Please see welcome post below
edit on 4/24/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

You see with your fingers??
Welcome to the club.
We are the most wise and/or crazy folks you'll ever see.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Oh wow! Thanks a lot for the words and the formal introduction! I should have joined sooner haha

Again, thanks. I will surely be posting that story, along with a few others very soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Haha that is what I understand about this site. Its good to be registered! Thanks for the welcome, Swan!

See you around!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Welcome to ATS, Amaeus!

I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to your future posts.

See you around.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

See ya. I wonder what your first post will be?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Oh man, another mod! Haha, thanks a lot for the warm welcome. This is going to be a great outlet for a lot of my writing pieces!

Again, thank you for the welcome!

Amaeus

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

It's a secret!

But I will give you a hint. It is a series that I will be posting as individual journal entries, written from the viewpoint of a young mother in Central New York during some very confusing times. It will be called: The Red Sun Chronicles.

The first to be released will be The Red Sun Chronicles: Day Eleven

Stay Tuned!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome, Amaeus!

I hope to see your work posted here soon. I am a huge SciFi fan

Hmmm...would the Red Sun Chronicles be part of an ongoing series of stories?

J

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Amaeus, welcome to ATS enjoy your time here.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you very much!

And yes, it will be an ongoing series. The first 20 will be told from the viewpoint of a female in Central New York state, while the 20 after that will be told from the viewpoint of a male Army National Guard soldier. I have not worked out the rest at this time.

I am glad you are interested in what I plan to share!

Thanks for the welcome

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Love your name.

Thanks for the welcome, friend!

Amaeus

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

Thanks for the welcome

You're most welcome, Amaeus.

In just a few more posts, you'll be able to post your first thread. So let's talk a bit, shall we?

Is fiction your only genre?

Are you an established author or are we here at ATS to be honored with reading the debut of your work?
edit on 4/24/2012 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I would consider myself to be below amateur status lol I have written a few short stories here and there through out my life, but nothing that I felt was worthy of exhibition. I also enjoy writing poetry which can be based on certain truths in my life, or just what ever comes to mind. I tend to favor fiction when I write my short stories, and I would someday like to write a lengthy novel. I just need to get my feet wet. Which brings me to your next question lol I am making my writing debut here on ATS. I just feel that all of the shorts that I have written have to do with either the paranormal, or the strange.

Are you a writer?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

I tend to favor fiction when I write my short stories, and I would someday like to write a lengthy novel. I just need to get my feet wet. Which brings me to your next question lol I am making my writing debut here on ATS. I just feel that all of the shorts that I have written have to do with either the paranormal, or the strange.

Are you a writer?

A journey of a thousand miles....

No, I'm a dedicated reader but no writer. I have written a short story or two to entertain my grandchildren, but that is the extent of my "career". LOL I've a deep appreciation and admiration for those who can put their thoughts on paper in such a way that captivates the imagination of the reader. It is no easy task!

There's a Short Stories forum here that you may find to your liking; as well as a Collaborative Writing forum.

To have the endorsement of Johnny A, you must be ready to break out of the "amateur" rating

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

That is pretty neat
I am probably going to be glued to that short stories forum. Writing is good for you. I have always liked to write. Well, I have always wanted to write, I should say. I have always had ideas for poems and stories floating all around in my head, but I never put them down on paper. I just recently started within the past five years, since graduating from high school. I do not want to seek fame as a writer, as I wish to become a police officer for my profession, I just need an outlet for my writing where I can find inspiration and encouragement. I think ATS is quite fine for me

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

I do not want to seek fame as a writer, as I wish to become a police officer for my profession, I just need an outlet for my writing where I can find inspiration and encouragement. I think ATS is quite fine for me

lol...fame may come whether you seek it or not, young friend

ATS will be a fine showcase for your work! You will receive real-time feedback (and not all will be good) and, who knows, perhaps you will develop a fan-base here...lol

Yes, I enjoy the short-story forum tremendously. Some of the work there is quite good and always interesting.

Who says you can't be a police officer AND a famous author?

Who are your favorite authors? Who do you feel has influenced your writing style?

(getting close to those 20 posts)

J

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I just received your message. Thank you for your kind words
Also, thank you for helping me burn through these 20 posts
I am excited to post my work, as I have never gotten any type of feedback for my writings, besides from academic instructors.

I am honored to have you as my first ATS friend

top topics

<<   2 >>

join