It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Global Warming Scientist James Lovelock Jumps Ship - Reverses Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
MSNBC, perhaps the most unlikely of news sources, reports on what may be seen as the official end of the man-made global warming fear movement.

MSNBC April 23, 2012: 'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock reverses himself: I was 'alarmist' about climate change & so was Gore! 'The problem is we don't know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago'

Contrast Lovelock's 2012 skeptical climate views with his 2007 beliefs during the height of the man-made climate fear movement. [ Flashback 2007: Lovelock Predicts Global Warming Doom: 'Billions of us will die; few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in Arctic' ]

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
MSNBC was the source...??

i heard this news on coast-2-coast last night (monday Apr 23rd)..or was it Sun night?
and the video is infowars...

Lovelock is reported to be 93 years old and i guess he is clearing up his misinterpretations of human generated greenhouse gasses (CO2) going out of control...
but still inferring that Gore is still smitten by the delusion

ADD:

cbdakota.wordpress.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Perhaps you should read what he actually said.

Asked if he was now a climate skeptic, Lovelock told msnbc.com: “It depends what you mean by a skeptic. I’m not a denier.”
He said human-caused carbon dioxide emissions were driving an increase in the global temperature, but added that the effect of the oceans was not well enough understood and could have a key role.
“It (the sea) could make all the difference between a hot age and an ice age,” he said.
He said he still thought that climate change was happening, but that its effects would be felt farther in the future than he previously thought.
“We will have global warming, but it’s been deferred a bit,” Lovelock said.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

The point he was making was that he was an "alarmist". He thought that global warming would be worse.

He still believe humans are effecting the climate.

As per usual Alex Jones twists and spins it into pure hysterical denial, whilst selling vitamins, mineral drinks, gold and his video.

The guy he interview Marc Morano is a republican insider who has run smear campaigns for conservatives for a long time.

Here we have Alex sucking up to a establishment insider and helping them peddle the same crap they have been running for decades.

The article I link is the same one on Alex's show. Nowhere in the article does Lovelock state that global warming is not happening.
No where at all.
What Lovelock states is that he was too alarmist, the reality is that he was. If you look at Lovelocks predictions compared to mainstream science, he was incredibly alarmists.
His prediction were far more extreme than that of the IPCC and many other groups.

That does not mean Global Warming is not happening.

Lovelock is an independant individual. So he isn't on any ship at all but his own. All he has done is change his opinion.
Good for him.

As per usual though, we have puppets only too happy to regurgitate the smear without thinking twice or checking facts.
This OP is a pefect example.

Which is why you posted Alex's video instead of posting the original article.

So I don't see how you can conclude that he has jumped ship or reversed his opinion that global warming is happening except that you take Alex's twisted spin and Marc Morano's republican political views!

Nice work.
Not.

If you need anymore proof that Alex Jones is a dis-info shill more interested in spreading NWO boogie man fear, then here it is in this video.

edit on 24/4/12 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yeah, I added the text to give a little synopsis, sorry mate

Apparently they are moving away from Global Warming and are now pushing "sustainable development" instead. Unfortunately, we all know what the real reason is, they want to reduce the population. And the real reason for this is also simple, leaders cannot control a large population. If the population is too high there are far simpler and decent ways to bring it under control without poisoning people and killing them silently which may actually lead to the extinction of our speices.

Large populations lead to leaders being deposed and this is what terrifies them the most. If they really cared about "the earth" and life on it then why are they not admitting the Fukushima catastrophe and how bad it really is?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Maybe you should read between the lines, this is a man who said "we will be extinct soon from global warming with a few breeding pairs living in the arctic". If the guy was serious about saving the Earth why does he not get his group to focus on fukushima and draw attention to this?

Lets face it, the guy was not only wrong, he lied. This statement by Lovelock is him opening the door so he can leave as quietly as possible. Face it, common man has never been the problem and never will be, the problem stems from money and corporations, look at BP deep water, look at exxon valdez, look at Fukushima, (the list goes on and on...), these are the people who will kill everyone and everything else, but they are never charged and thrown in prison, which is where they should be.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't buy global warming at all. What man puts into the atmosphere is a small fraction of the overall co2 content. The more likely source of Climate change ...and that's what it is, is the defoliation of the world and the pollution of the seas. However the climate has changed for one reason or the other for the entire length of the earths existance. This is nothing new, it's a natural cycle.

Perhaps this guy has finnaly realised that the activities of the sun has more to due with climate change than any thing that mankind could possibly do. Think about it, all the energy supplied to the planet is supplied by exactly what? A minor change in the sun has huge repercussions for the earth. They don't even understand that much about our local fusion reactor, because their predictions about what it is going to do are so often wrong.

Mankind has always been so arrogent about what we think we know. I see this as a major problem. The truth is that we don't know that much. However some people have an agenda to push.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Lovelock isn't reversing his opinion really, he's saying that what was initially perceived was inaccurate but that human effects are still screwing up our environment. The earths response to our stupidity is to counteract, initially scientists couldn't perceive how it could do so. If the world is going to continue on it has to counteract our actions, I think I would rather have global warming than what we are looking at. How many times will a person rebuild a house before discovering the trees cut down to rebuild it are causing their never ending battle. Mankind is the most incomprehensible species that has lived on this planet because we show little self control and blame others.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by atlasastro

Maybe you should read between the lines,
Why do I need to read between the lines? Why don't you read between the lines of what Alex and Marc Marano say?

this is a man who said "we will be extinct soon from global warming with a few breeding pairs living in the arctic".
I know what he said. He made an extreme prediction, have you ever been wrong about an issue? How man times have you checked Alex for being wrong or Marc?

If the guy was serious about saving the Earth why does he not get his group to focus on fukushima and draw attention to this?
Straw Man argument. He is not a member of any group, he is an individual.

Lets face it, the guy was not only wrong, he lied.
Prove he deliberately lied. Prove it.

This statement by Lovelock is him opening the door so he can leave as quietly as possible.
Really, so he makes a statement and then people like you and Alex, Marc Morano, MSNBC jump all over it. Yeah, what a quiet exit.

Face it, common man has never been the problem and never will be, the problem stems from money and corporations, look at BP deep water,
I totally agree with you. In fact reducing fossil fuel use will cost alot of big corporations a lot of money, thats why they love shills like Alex Jones and Marc spreading fear and doubt.

look at exxon valdez, look at Fukushima, (the list goes on and on...), these are the people who will kill everyone and everything else, but they are never charged and thrown in prison, which is where they should be.
And you think Lovelock makes extreme statements hey!
Now we are instead of Lovelocks predictions that we will all be extinct from Global Warming, you think we will be extinct from Big Business. You sound like Lovelock.

You: "these are the people who will kill everyone and everything else"
Lovelock:"we will be extinct soon from global warming"

I guess you can always com back later and post that you were too extreme in your predictions and just leave as quitly as possible.

new topics

top topics

join