It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mining on Asteroids! Possible and perhaps coming soon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

The meterorites that fall to Earth get cooked while entering the atmostsphere. Many of the bacterium arrive dead.
I guess the Ancient Aliens show was talking about delivery of plagues via asteroids, meterorites, and commets. They alluded the Spanish flu of 1918 was delivered from space on their program. Germs are very nasty things we need to be concerned about. If you have kids you know how fast and sick people can get.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
sounds good

but what about starting off with mining the Moon

and mining/terrascaping Mars?

why wast $ on asteroids first when they dont even stick around the sun/warmth??

Going back to the moon for all of the above is a no brainer, but asteroids are "towable" to some kind of space processing plant, and with much less gravity much less energy that equals fuel and that stands for, less money. Plus different asteroids, better then Baskin Robins. You can place propulsion systems on said asteroids them self and a back-up I want. (Umm Chief, don't hit me but, the cable broke). Tractor Beam? Working on it. Still like insurance, tractor beams may who knows, overload, blow a fuse?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I'm not really happy with the idea of drilling into asteroids...probably because after all the exploitation we've done on Earth, it's not really done with consideration to the environment...not pretty sustainable and I think the same thing will occur with asteroids.

To be honest, we don't even need this now...we do have enough scarce resources on Earth. We might as well leave the mining of asteroids for later generations when they will actually need the resources.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Made a thread about this topic a couple of days ago.

HERE

VVV

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join