It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's first Vampire Hunter ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just came across this trailer. Looks like the young people of America are about to get a new history lesson.

It interesting. A good number of people surveyed about the titanic thought it was just a film and didn't realise it was a actual event.

I wonder how many of todays generation will grow up and think of a film about a vampire hunter when they hear the name Abraham Lincoln.

Don't know if this is supposed to destroy a little piece of history or is it to try and make the President and US government look 'cool'

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, discovers vampires are planning to take over the United States. He makes it his mission to eliminate them.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
ive never liked anything from tim burton and this film wont change my mind

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I love Tim Burton and cannot wait to watch this.

I don't believe movies are the reason to blame, people just have to open a book and read, check facts, do some research.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Looks rather good actually.

At least its not a movie about Bill Clinton, :0.

vvv

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

I'm not sure too many future generations will have the attention span to read a book.

Most kids now think Wickipedia is the tree of knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is this for real??

Oh wow...

:shk:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Maybe it's a metaphor for killing the mindless cycle that slavery had become in America. To take on slavery, and in addition have to handle the problem of millions of people trying to depart the country you were elected to lead and hold together, and then to have to live with that nagging wife of his - all of this would have driven any man to put on a tall hat and fight vampires. If Lincoln were alive today (as a bored-again vampire I'd assume) he'd be posting on the innernests, maybe under the name of Aleister for all we know, and gladly share his cornpone humourous backwoods stories with each new generation. In fact, there was this one time in the hollow when...

edit on 24-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes it's for real.

And I love how you think movies are in any way to blame.

E.g Teens who thought titanic was real, is this the movies fault? No, it's their parents fault for not teaching them otherwise.

It's their fault for not picking up a book, or watching a doco.

You can't blame tv or movies, you can only blame people who do not take the time to use some common sense, and practice knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I thought this thread was about a real vampire hunter. I was getting worried that I might have to go into hiding.
Actually I'm a werewolf but most vampire hunters are Bi

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Daddy, I see that Mr. Lincoln is on the penny...what coin is Buffy on?"

I can see it now....

I'm thinking this is really going to tank, personally...

top topics

join