Partygirl reporting from Tokyo Japan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just on a general note:

Japan is still relatively safe and built to resist as best as possible against powerful earthquakes. Fukushima is still of concern but the biggest problem they face is the cleanup and how to get rid of all the debris.

Tokyo is as safe as any other place in Japan.
Though i am back in Melbourne now as of last week, I travelled there many times in the aftermath of 3/11 and experienced quakes first hand.
My last trip there in January I noticed the tip or antenna point of Tokyo Tower was bent to a degree from the March11 earthquake.
It didn't matter where i was in Japan, I felt quakes. It's a rather humbling experience to say the least.

Doesn't matter who you talk to in Japan or where they are from, they are all expecting a 'big one'. no doubt maybe one day it could happen, maybe it won't. Truth is, you never know where to expect anything or what to expect.

The Japanese, do worry, but at the end of the day, their worry doesn't get in the way of having a good time or let it stop them from living day to day lives.

There is no need to be in japan to report 'on the situation'. there is no situation. there was an event, it has passed and there is a clean up process taking place.
No doubt you love Japan, as do i, and working there as a teacher is a great experience, but this thread serves no purpose.
Hopefully there will be no more disasters, but until a day that tragedy may strike, enjoy your life.

Good on you for wanting to go to Fukushima, but i hope you are there to help rather than for a self served purpose.

For any members here who are generally interested in whats happening there and current issues, I suggest you look at the Japan Times...
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme
It didn't matter where i was in Japan, I felt quakes. It's a rather humbling experience to say the least.

Doesn't matter who you talk to in Japan or where they are from, they are all expecting a 'big one'. no doubt maybe one day it could happen, maybe it won't. Truth is, you never know where to expect anything or what to expect.

Today in the morning I woke up because of a 5.5 just 90km away from Yokohama. My colleague told me that it lasted pretty long, I just recognized a few seconds... but since I am monitoring the earthquakes everyday, I have the feeling, that it starts to heat up. I don't say there will be a quake in a few days or so, but it becomes more possible....
But maybe it is just my feeling. Anyway I am happy to move to Osaka.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hi I'm not questioning your claim to be in Japan however the pictures you posted look like stock type or professional pictures . I believed you were there before you posted those pictures
edit on 25-4-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

My mother had radiation treatments when she was a child around 8 years old.

At that time I was a egg inside of her as was my half sister and half brother.

At 53 my mother died of either thyroid or lung cancer, they were not sure. She was working one day, went into the hospital the next day and was buried within two weeks.

My sister died at 61 of colon cancer.

My brother was born 3 cans short of a 6 pack, wound up in prison for bank robbery and died (in prison) at around 40. I had no contact with him so I don't know how he died.

I was born 1 month premature with cataracts, a cleft palate and severe hearing loss. Almost all the nerve endings that pick up consonants are scarred or dead.

I also now at age 59 have breast cancer and from the x-ray I saw, it looks like it's serious.

Now, onto the next generation.

My oldest son was born with ADHD and my two youngest son's are autistic. The oldest and youngest also had cataracts that had to be removed at a young age.

Now onto the next generation.

My grand daughter, like her father has ADHD.

Radiation exposure not only kills, it compromises your DNA on a chromosome level. In other words, this silent killer, you can't see it, smell it or feel it, will alter your DNA and that of any children you decide to have.

Radiation will alter your DNA until Scientists learn how to correct chromosome damage, in other words, your great great great grandchildren will also be affected, again, unless scientists figure out how to repair the chromosome damage.

I myself would not go to Japan if one were to offer me 10m USD.

Media is underplaying Fukushima because there is little to nothing they can do and don't want to panic people.

Partygirl won't be partying in another ten/twenty years.

Michio Kaku says the clean up may take 50-100 years.

This has compromised our air, the Pacific Ocean and soil.

While Tokyo is far from Fukushima, it's not far enough................the radiation is already affecting our Northwest Coast.

This isn't fear mongering...........it's reality.

Fukushima's "accident" will affect each and everyone of you reading this. I've talked to radiologists and anyone that knows about radiation says that anyone that moves to Japan is nuts.

Video below is from April this year and in Tokyo.

Leading Japanese newspaper The Mainichi Daily News reports:

One of the biggest issues that we face is the possibility that the spent nuclear fuel pool of the No. 4 reactor at the stricken Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant will collapse. This is something that experts from both within and outside Japan have pointed out since the massive quake struck. TEPCO, meanwhile, says that the situation is under control. However, not only independent experts, but also sources within the government say that it's a grave concern.

The storage pool in the No. 4 reactor building has a total of 1,535 fuel rods, or 460 tons of nuclear fuel, in it. The 7-story building itself has suffered great damage, with the storage pool barely intact on the building's third and fourth floors. The roof has been blown away.

A report released in February by the Independent Investigation Commission on the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident stated that the storage pool of the plant's No. 4 reactor has clearly been shown to be "the weakest link" in the parallel, chain-reaction crises of the nuclear disaster. The worse-case scenario drawn up by the government includes not only the collapse of the No. 4 reactor pool, but the disintegration of spent fuel rods from all the plant's other reactors. If this were to happen, residents in the Tokyo metropolitan area would be forced to evacuate.

Now, as radiation fallout envelops the entire northern hemisphere, there is a distinct possibility that the crisis will move into an even more critical and dangerous phase.

When news of the disaster first emerged we warned, contrary to mainstream experts, that it could be much worse than the Chernobyl accident of the 1980′s, that no containment would be possible for at least a few years, and radiation levels across North America would sky rocket. A year on, we are seeing adverse impacts on ocean water throughout the Pacific, and ground levels of radioactive contaminants are well beyond safety thresholds for potable water, food, and soil.

With the Japanese economy already on the brink of meltdown and the rest of the world drowning in debt, an escalation in the severity of the disaster in Japan could be the last nail in the coffin for world financial markets and economic growth.

Even worse, if storage pools in the No. 4 reactor collapse and disintegrate as the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission has warned could happen, we will see a humanitarian crisis of unprecedented scale as millions of refugees will have no choice but to flee Tokyo. They'll have no possessions, no money, no food, no water, no shelter, and a very fragile safety net.

This is what SHTF looks like. The government lies. The corporate cover ups. Downplaying of the severity of the crisis. And then... panic.

Partygirl may have issues if she decides to have children. She may develop cancer.

When you are young, you put yourself in harms way without a care because you think you will live forever.

Fukushima could very well be a ELE.

The news media is reporting more on who is going in and out of rehab and keeping us busy with frivolous stuff because there is little they can do.

Watch, I may not be around long enough to tell you, I told you so - but I've talked to doctors and radiologists and they have told me that Fukushima is serious, serious for the entire planet.

Again, clean up will take between 50-100 years.

People who have taken samples of the soil in Toyko itself are saying that some of the sample would be considered nuclear waste here in America.

We are never told the full truth, only half lies.

The full effects of Fukushima will not be felt right away, for many it will lay dormant for decades, but many will die of aggressive fast acting cancers and birth defects will skyrocket.

And yes, in Toyko.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I am sorry for your and your personal losses, but the radiation in tokio is not higher than anywhere else... of course you can have soil which is contaminated, but you have to take into consideration, that this could have other reasons than fukushima.

for example old green glas which included something I don't remember the english name... in german it is pechblende, which was radioactive.

also there is just this arnie gundersen claiming this. all others just follow. I am really annoyed by reading this whole stuff.
A lot of people in japan have made their own measurements, including me and there was nothing special.

you always say "don't believe the government or the mass media" I am not doing this, but I have first hand experience and this is what counts.... you always have to prove facts by yourself, you can not trust anybody.

I never trust somebody 100%... so if I were you I would not even trust me

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

haha, well Bow chick a wow wow? was a good one. Not sure in what way its implied but you`ve gotta be an American cause I`ve used that term all my life, haha. Partygirl still hasn`t replied to my post ;(

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Just dont eat any of the radioactive food from the north region check the labels.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here's a suggestion for an experiment you could conduct. I'm not a scientist, so the science minded might be able to improve on this idea.

Get a coffee filter of the cone shaped variety, made out of porous paper and an atomizer (mist sprayer) of some sort to spray water at it, then take readings with your dosimeter. Spray just enough to moisten the filter, not to soak it. You could spray every day in the same manner. If radioactive particles are present and if you just spray enough to moisten but not soak the filter, you should begin to see an increase in your detector readings.

Also take readings of your clothing, particularly outer garments, like coats or sweaters that you might always wear when you are outdoors. These kinds of clothing, especially if made of wool or cotton act like filters for airborne particles.

Filters are like the human lungs or the human body. The ambient air for any given reading might be normal, but over time there could be a dangerous build up of radioactive particles collected by any filter.

Good luck. I would love to vist Japan myself.

edit on 25-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Missionary work? What religion are you?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

I've got a monitoring station right around the corner.

Actually it's showing a bit less than 0.1µSv radiation.

So nope, nothing out of the ordinary with the readings from her balcony.

It's not the gamma radiation anyways that's concerning me, but the Alpha particle radiation, and that's a whole different ballgame.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What a place to move to!

Leave as soon as possible.

-------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So you broke up with the controlling boyfriend who made you give up ATS? Welcome back -
edit on 25-4-2012 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I'm not going to try to prove I'm here, because its impossible. This is the key lesson Mr. Thunder taught me. You either believe it or you don't. And I don't want to give out info that could compromise my privacy. I will, however, be putting up some photos, probably starting tomorrow. I hope you guys like them!

You can always hold a sign saying, "I am the mugu, you are the master." and then put a loaf of bread on your head at the same time while someone pours milk over you. Oh, wait, never mind, you're not a Nigerian scammer, and I'm not on 419eater right now...LOL.

Good luck in Japan, and hope you stay safe if you head up toward the reactors.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I really don't get it, why do so many People in the West are thinking
that we all are dieing here in Japan or in Tokyo?

The Levels here are low, very low.
At the moment we are very close to Pre-Fukushima Levels
and my own Geiger stand behind 0.10uSv/h at the Groundlevel,
when i go 1m. high it is normal and much less than in the US or Europe
with 0.08-06uSv/h!

Also our Time in the outside is very limited,
mostly we live in Houses with Air-Filter and our Diet is Global,
we eat Beef from Australia, Fish from Peru/ Chile and Cheese from Switzerland,
the English even eat Marmite from GB.!

There is no reason for not coming here

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
thanks for the effort partygirl. i remember the first thread..was good untill the trolls and newbies started wanting up-to-the-minute reports, and deep digging stuff and comming down on him for being there or accusing him of trying to capitalize on the situation or second guessing and even saying that he wasnt there?!? and i assume people were sending messages as well... for lack of a better term..it turned into trolls constantly giving him sh^t for being there...........for an ATS member to be right there...that is the stuff we want..not a bunch of news reports written by people unknown to us..it was one of those ATS threads that i point to as an example of some not wanting to hear anything that isnt comming out of thier own mouth...deny ignorance

good luck partygirl
looking forward to the updates...never mind the trolls..they do actual disappear when ignored

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Do the research, read the statistics of miscarriages, deformities and other stuff starting to show up in and around Tokyo.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sure, but do you look 2 posts above yours and read first hand measurements!

That is what I said before, you believe scientist, but for example the government is just spreading disinformation in you opinion.

But what about measurements done by myself? are they wrong? just because scientist say something does not equal, that I have to believe it. Some people believe TEPCO and the government, but I do not! And I don't believe a scientist just because he states something different...

I would believe, if I had not done the measurements by myself.

Is is not strange, that more and more people here on ATS back up the opinion, that tokyo is not covered in nuclear waste, with their own data?

Are they all lying and wrong, just because scientist say different?

Strange, all the Geiger counters we have must be lying...
I really hate people who just sit in front of their computer and reading science articles (from some suspicious site like beforeitsnews and so on) and claiming that they know what is going on.
You know nothing! You don't have the first hand measurements! You just believe everything you read.... the biggest scammer is Arnie Gundersen, and I really don't know why so many people believe him.

Sure there is radiation arround fukushima, but you pretend like whole japan is contaminated. And all is coming from fukushima... ever thought of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? This is also Japan
and there are really people living.... this are cities where I don't want to go. But Tokyo is ok as long as I can trust 1000+ geiger counters.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hello everyone, just checking in. Thank you for your continued interest.

I will try the coffee filter measureing thing tonight, thanks for the suggestion!

Finding information on raditation is food is still difficult but I am trying.

I am not going to try to prove anything about the fact I am here, because frankly speaking, it bores me. I know I am here, and if you choose not to believe me that's your own problem. And how could I prove anything without giving up my privacy to a board full of strangers? I don't want to post my face here. I used to have my face in my avatar but I took it down because people said I was being an attention-W. and being "seductive." Whatever that means. If I got the staff to verify my IP was in Japan, some of you would start whining about proxy servers. There is no pleasing some of you! Just live with the ambiguity, or choose not to believe me. It's that simple.

Now, I don't have any pictures for you today because nothing is out of the ordinary. The sky is a normal dead-gray overcast sky, there are no special waves or ripples or whatever, so I see no reason to post pics of it. If it starts to look strange however, I will.

I want to look at this for a minute:

Originally posted by convinceme

There is no need to be in japan to report 'on the situation'. there is no situation. there was an event, it has passed and there is a clean up process taking place.

I sort of agree with this. There is nothing really to say about it here, other than normal things, and the internet is full of photos and commentary about Japan in general, to which I have nothing to add. But I do want to keep this thread open A) incase something unusual happens or B) in case any of you have (reasonable) specific questions that I can answer.

I had no idea this would get so many stars and flags and attention, I thought I'd just throw it up there as a kind of general resource, so I feel a little bad that I don't have something more exciting to say, even though I am gratified by the contiuned interest. I will remain on the lookout for unusual things, and open-mided, but in the meantime no doomb for you today, I'm sorry. I have a feeling that any Fukushima doom will take the form of long-term increases in cancer, say, or possibly mutations, but these things may take years to manifest. In the meantime, there seems to be no short-term doom, and that's a profoundly good thing we should all be thankful for, even if it isn't "exciting."

Now my limited computer time is up or else I have to pay 200 more yen
. So I have to go now, but I'll keep checking this thread every day. Also, hopefully I can try the coffee-filter geigert thing suggested above tonight. Thanks again for the interest!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Have a look here this is from a Non-Governmental Citizen Organization,
the Translation works well with the Bing Translator,
this is only for the Japanese Products so you may get poisoned by the Gaijin-Food!
www.crms-jpn.com...

Ganbatte and forget Akiba for Computers, go to Hard-Off!!!
(much, much cheaper, a 512 for 1.500-2.000 Yen)

edit on 26-4-2012 by Human0815 because: forgot the link, (WWW) (Lol in Japanese)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I sincerly hope you are right and at age 59 you don't have to have a breast biopsy, waiting to hear whether or not you have cancer.

My husband said Tokyo was his all time favorite town, the people were wonderful, it's a exciting town like no other.

Wishing you luck, you may need it.

We all may need it.

I spoke with two radiologists yesterday about this and they told me in their opinion, one had a seminar he could sign up for in Tokyo and he would like to go, but with what he knows, he is passing it up, holding off because he says he believes the situation for most of Japan is now quite serious.

The other radiologist said she too wouldn't go to Japan right now, nor eat any Pacific fish that migrate from Japanese waters herself.

Only passing along information.

Again best of luck.

Safe journey

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join