It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time reader, relatively new member . Wassup from australia ats ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
hey everyone, gonna keep it simple **snip** but wanted to get to know a couple of well known and informative members that i can follow and also introduce myself.
im a 20 yr old aussie from north west nsw and i like to visit the site whenever i have free time to keep up with whats going on that i wouldnt hear about otherwise.
I finished my hsc in 2010? i think haha. i wasn't interested in going to UNI (college) as i was dead set on the air force. i received a scholarship to the Aus Defense Force at the end of my final year at high school gaining qualifications in aircraft avionics and aircraft maintenance engineering while at school. at the moment i am having a few years off before following it up.
My fav topic on the site is anything ... lol. That being said, its getting harder and harder to filter through the bull # to find some threads that are worth reading. while topics that should be of utmost importance to EVERYONE on here get basically ignored.
umm not sure what else to say introduction wise... questions ?
) haha
thanks for ya time people
edit on 24-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

**Mod Edit**
Please review the links I've posted below...
edit on 4/24/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Welcome to the circus!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Edit.
edit on 24-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Welcome to ATS! Always room for one more and I look forward to hearing more perspective from Australia. Don't mind about the drug thing... that topic is just one of the very very few at ATS that is frowned upon..to something of a 'we just don't go there' extreme.

A mod should be by shortly with everything though... they always are.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
**snip**

Well in that case, my apologies, welcome to ATS.

But yes, the uh, alternative products are a big no no, on ATS.

Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Just a heads up.

BTW, feeling stupid for my misinterpretation...

edit on 24-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thanks you wrabbit !

and boncho no worries mate , i can see how it would have been easily misinterpreted . Thanks for the warning anyway

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
welcome to you my colonial convict cousin
i jest i love the aussies, i myself will be immigrating over to the fun side of the planet in a few years as the rest of my family have already done.....anyway enjoy the madness that is ATS

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
welcome to you my colonial convict cousin
i jest i love the aussies, i myself will be immigrating over to the fun side of the planet in a few years as the rest of my family have already done.....anyway enjoy the madness that is ATS

DENY IGNORANCE

haha i still giggle to myself that this place was started by convicts haha. glad your making the move mate you will love it down under lol.
DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You've just joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome wewillnotcomply666

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Have a special topic in mind? Then be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one, duplicate threads are eventually 'trashed'. To save yourself future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

thank you johnnyanonymous , i will be sure to read up .

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

thank you johnnyanonymous , i will be sure to read up .

Don't forget to reply to just about every post in your intro, soon as you hit 20 posts you can make a thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
haha i surely will boncho
think i just hit 20 then
here i come lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Welcome to ATS, I'm new too but also am a long time reader. But its always great to have another Australian onboard, welcome.

new topics

top topics

join