Ron Paul: Alone No More

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by Blaine91555

Quote "That makes sense. Perhaps if he ran inside the Party he really believes in, he could help them shed the title "kooky extremists".

Maybe I misread, but it seems pretty clear in this statement that you think Ron Paul should run as an Independant. I dont think your comments are wrong I was just pointing out there is a reason why he must run GOP. Also, he ran as an Independant in 84 i believe so he already tried that.

I do get why he does it. All we have in the end are our own opinions.

I'm not anti-Paul or pro-Paul. Given a choice between him and others, he could get my vote perhaps.

Right now though I do see Gov. Johnson as a better candidate with a better track record on what I support. I may end up voting Libertarian if he gets the nomination. I realize in doing so I may also help Obama and I'm torn because of that right now. When I get to that point, I admit I may vote Romney just because Obama scares me more than any other politician I've seen in my life. Even more than Carter.

"Anyone But Obama" sounds right to me as I watch Obama tear this country apart. His policies no longer matter to me as much as his total failure to lead or be a leader.

In the 1980's there was a lot of discussion of the problem of Corporations promoting their people to their level of incompetency. They would give people promotions based on things like seniority, only to loose an excellent mid-level manager by promoting him to an executive position they failed and and were terminated. I think something similar happened here with Obama. He is excellent at rounding up donations and speaking, but totally incompetent as the President.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I dont see much of a difference between Gary Johnson and RP based on Gary's web site and voting record. So, are you more worried that RP is the Face of the Movement he isnt even running for?? Which takes the focus off of Gary Johnson?? I can understand that especially if your from New Mexico.

Maybe more of these types of Political figures with these Ideologys should get a little more recognition.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You guys trying to claim Ron Paul is some sort of "kooky extremist"... you are the kooky ones. His policies are more down to Earth and more sane than those of any other candidate. He actually has a real plan for minimizing the debt by minimizing the federal Government. He wants to give power back to the states, he does not want to completely remove all forms of regulation. Yes, he does believe in free market economics, but he has a good reason too. When the Government tries to regulate everything the largest power players line the pockets of those enforcing the regulations and they give free passes to the largest most evil corporations to do what ever they like. He believes in sound money policies for the same reason; a currency shouldn't be constantly regulated and manipulated to make it behave the way you want, it should be built on a solid framework of logical concepts and allowed to behave in a natural way which is relative to economic activity, resulting in a stronger currency which is more trusted.

His foreign policies are also based on the same ideas, instead of constantly trying to manipulate and regulate the actions of other counties by direct intervention, they should be left alone to solve their problems on their own as to not provoke unneeded problems and unforeseen reactions resulting from the unwelcome intervention. He is trying to decentralize all these systems into self-regulated compartments instead of having one ultimate regulation body try to control all these different things, whilst at the same time wasting unfathomable amounts of money trying to solve problems which could easily solve them selves if you were to give them the freedom required, thus saving vast amounts of money in the process. It may be some what risky to think it will all work as planned, but it's the only way to get control of the debt crisis and Ron Paul understands that. You need to realize the true extent of the problem and be willing to accept it before any real solutions can be attempted. Taking the easy way out simply wont work any more.

Perpetuation of the status quo, printing endless amounts of money in a futile attempt to solve problems, regulating absolutely everything, intimidating other nations through unwelcome occupation of their lands, bailing out the banks who have robbed us all... all these things are completely moronic plans which will lead the United States to its doom. It's time to realize this and accept the truth, it's time to walk the hard road to recovery and put in the effort required to fix the vast range of dire problems facing the US. Ron Paul is the only one willing to walk this hard road, he's the only one who truly understands what needs to be done, he has no desire to perpetuate the status quo and add to the mounting pile of problems facing the US. He has a real plan for change and a realistic map showing the way to reach those goals. People who don't like Ron Paul are simply scared of taking the hard road to change. They think a few well spoken words from a charismatic speaker promising change will fix everything and they wont have to do a thing.

They are pathetic lazy slobs who would rather purchase the weight loss powder solution rather than run around the block a couple of times each day. In fact, some people refuse to even acknowledge these problems exist. They refuse to even believe there's any truth to the problems Ron Paul speaks about. These are the most delusional people of all. They are living in a fantasy land completely detached from reality. They believe voting for the best looking guy is all that matters, like it's some sort of damn popularity contest. It's absolutely sickening. If only people would open their eyes and see Ron Paul is the only guy up their willing to tell it like it is, the only guy willing to implement the hard changes needed, the only honest guy capable of speaking from his heart, the only man of integrity and consistency who stands behind the people and not corporations. He knows what he is talking about, believe me, he has been in this game much longer than most. He has unmatchable experience and his plans are based on practical knowledge gained by that experience.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Seriously? i've never met a Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich supporter (and very few obama supporters, 3) really only Paul.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by petrus4

Truthfully I hope Ron Paul doesn't win. I do not want to see another Presidential assassination; and if he wins, that is what will happen.

That wont happen, not after Kennedy. The reaction would be too large for them to handle, and they know it. People would be absolutely fed up. After all this time they finally get a decent President and he gets assassinated... the protests and dissent would be so hardcore it would be unfathomable. They wouldn't risk it. What they would do however, is hoax another terrorist attack to make it look like Paul's foreign policies are flawed and at the same time put Paul in an extremely difficult situation of deciding what to do about it.

Paul is 76, they can just say he died of old age or a heart attack and everybody would believe it. It would be the easiest assassination cover up ever.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Everybody that says its impossible for Paul to win the nomination.

Warren Harding.

nuff said.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I love how you slag and trash people based solely on the fact that they don't support Ron Paul. It's really quite childish and pathetic of you to do so.

Quite frankly, your characterization of non-RP supporters (i:e- "the mainstream") as "fat, lazy slobs" is offensive to me. You know why? Because I lost over 100lbs recently with just diet and exercise! I am smart and I am an independent voter as well.

Otherwise, dig that thorn out of your ass because you're not doing Ron Paul any favors with your act!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I love how you slag and trash people based solely on the fact that they don't support Ron Paul.

I love how you skipped over everything I wrote and focused solely on the my last words to make your point against me. It was a bit of a generalization, obviously all the people who don't support RP aren't like that, but I would also be willing to bet it was a generally true statement. There is not a single thing extremist or kooky about Ron Paul's policies. Furthermore, was I the one who started the started this name calling? You guys were the ones attaching unfair labels to people, particularly Ron Paul. Oh, but that doesn't matter does it, because you guys are saints and RP isn't even here anyway, so it doesn't matter what we say about him.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

As much as we disagree on things Sword, congratulations on losing that weight. I too lost over 100 pounds. I weighed in at close to 340 when I was playing football and in college. Now I am at a much more healthy weight of 225-235 pounds. It really does take some hard work and lots of determination. Its a battle everyday, but in the end it was all worth it. In fact I need to get back on my running soon, as its starting to warm up here

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Disagreeing with his policies, and his delusional attitude toward humanity, doesn't make me kooky.

I don't find Paul to be rational and I think a huge number of his followers have no idea what Paul actually believes, which is what Paul wants. He's like a Libertarian Obama in that sense... all rhetoric and "hope" and promises of "change"... when in fact he's a massive shill for big business... he'd happily deregulate business and allow corporate monopolies... happily privatise EVERYTHING... that includes things like elementary school education.

His official policy is to NOT privatise elementary education, but that's not what he "believed" when he ran as a Libertarian... he's done a nice populist flip flop... but as everyone says about Romney, if he's held both positions, which does he BELIEVE? Considering his overarching ideology, I'd have little faith that he'd protect public education...

And contrary to what other posters seem to believe, he could EASILY run as an independent, today, right now... he just chooses to play politics when it suits him.. like he did with his education policy.

Don't believe the hype.
edit on 25-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Wow, what a guy.

So, Romney is better than on Paul, or is Obama better than Ron Paul?

Wait if neither of them are better than... what are complaining about, and what does all your ranting have to do with the OP.

I honestly don't think you have a well defined understanding of how politics works.
I also believe if he has to he will run as an independent later, if he has to.

On the subject of education, it is funny, because you are taking it out of context, which is a tool i understand.

I will explain simply for you okay.

IF there is no money to pay for public schooling, then you can't have public schooling.
The US is in a large amount of trouble. It was downgraded from AAA to AA, that is a big deal.
BRICS refuses to use US currency as a standard anymore.

Don't you understand, if you don't stop spending money the whole economic system in America will collapse.
Then there will be no public school, cause there will be no public money.

Let me explain even better, its like if you WANT a cake, but you can only AFFORD a cupcake.
even though you just spent a bunch of money before you got to the bakery, then you blame the baker cause you don't have enough money for what you want.

I believe in public schools also, but I think that America needs to learn that NEEDS trump WANTS, maybe if you guys had been doing something sooner, then you wouldn't have to give up your public schools.
Maybe if you guys weren't electing such horrible presidents in the past you wouldn't have to lose your public schools.
Maybe if you guys had been standing up to your government you wouldn't have to lose your public schools.

But no, just blame the baker when he tells you don't have enough money.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm from Canada and I really hope Ron Paul wins, the way I see it if he's legit then the country juust miight have a chance at restoration, if he completely flip-flops on everything he has said like Obama did then it could just be the last straw that gets a real revolution going. If he's assassinated that also would probably start a real(needed) revolution, but basically, no matter what Ron Paul does, I really believe it's better than any of the other candidates by far, including Obama.

As for international support for Ron Paul, where I'm from I'd say 80% of the people I know aged 30 and under support RP, and probably 80% of people aged 30 and higher would support Obama. You could say, people who are more technologically adapt and use the internet more mostly support RP, while older people who read the newspaper and watch the news support Obama. Usually though, people who support Obama don't even know who the other candidates are and just support him blindly because they don't pay attention to politics and still believe he is what he was while campaigning, but most people I believe would support RP if they were sat down and explained everything about all the candidates.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Amen to that. But there the same anyway. You might as well combine them all into one word:

BUSCLINTAMA

Wow. That could of almost been R Rated and it covers 24 yrs of Presidency. That blows my mind. 24 years of this Crap.

It's been going on for longer than 24 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by auraelium

Well, almost everything you think makes Obama awful, was started under Bush Jr.

Illegal war? Yep. Illegal wire tapping? Yep. Patriot act? Yep. Dick Cheney as veep? Yep.

Obama passed NDAA yes, it's awful, but is it worse than the Iraq war?

Not to me.

This is silly reasoning but its to be expected ...

So since Bush started all those horrible things its not Obama's fault that he continues them or expands them

I think you're really caught up in the whole R and D thing ...

After all you said Obama is the best of the bad ... (pretty sure that was you)

You think you have choice when in reality you have none ...

Then bash the only man running that is TRULY different.

In a nutshell YOU, and people who think like you, are what is wrong with this country ...

Whatever happened to conviction, principles?

Like I said before Captain - you're pretty obvious ...

edit on 25-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by auraelium

I am an Obama supporter like you're a Romney supporter; I don't like him, but he's the best of a bad bunch.

I "run Paul down" because his "kooky" beliefs about the Constituiton and his desire to destroy pretty much everything I like about America, by selling it all to corporations

I know Paul supporters think that unregulated Capatalism is preferable to democracy, but I disagree.

edit on 24-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

I wonder what Chomsky thinks of Obama?

europeancourier.org

Noam Chomsky: Obama is a man of absolutely no principles.

Noam Chomsky: ‘President Obama Is Involved In War Crimes Right Now’

What are your thoughts on President Obama?
He’s involved in war crimes right now. For example, targeted assassinations are war crimes. That’s escalated quite sharply under Obama. If you look at WikiLeaks, there are a lot of examples of attacks on civilians.

What did you think when he was given the Nobel Peace Prize?
Considering the history of the Nobel Peace Prize, it’s not the worst example. It was given to him before he had the time to commit many war crimes.

Is there any point in us being in Afghanistan?
We wouldn’t have asked in 1985: “Is there any point in the Russians being in Afghanistan?” The fact is that the invasion was a crime. Then comes the question: “Is there any point in continuing?” But that presupposes legitimacy. Putting aside questions of morality and legality and simply asking about the goals of the US government is a very narrow consideration.

Will you change your mind about Obama now?

didn't think so ...

Even Chomsky will still vote for Obama in 2012 ...

(i guess a man with no principles fits right in with voting for a man with no principles)

Noam Chomsky chooses Obama over GOPs as 2012 President

Noam Chomsky has said, "I’m not a great enthusiast for Obama, as you know, from way back, but at least he’s somewhere in the real world." He stated that the 2012 candidates are "Off the International Spectrum of Sane Behavior."

Allow me to paraphrase Chomsky - Obama is a war criminal and takes care of his banking cartel buddies but what the hay, there is no better choice at the moment.

So much for principles huh?

Ron Paul supporters are principled and will vote for him even if he's losing ...

I won't vote at all if I can't vote for Ron Paul in November.

Why cast my support for Obama or Romney? The best of the Bad?
Wimps ...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Chomsky is like me, he'd rather not destroy America, by giving it over completely to business.

Obama is not my man, never was, but he's a million miles less dangerous to America than Paul and in fact any US Libertarian.

Sadly, there's not a single good candidate running...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

That was a response to the extremely ridiculous claim that Obama is far and away the worst President ever.

Quote it out of context if you want though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think you are confused ...

The alliance of government and corporations are the real problem ...

You can bet Obama and Romney will only continue crony capitalism ...

BTW under Obama GM (general motors) became "Government Motors" and with TAXPAYER'S dollars moved GM's plants overseas - China will now make the 2013 Cadillac ...

But Obama will save us from big business ...

The Monsanto, FDA lovefest will be stopped by Obama right?

Ron Paul: FDA And Big Pharma ‘are in bed together'

Ron Paul: It never works that way. You know, your safety and your drugs, for instance, it sounds like a reasonable thing. You want safety in your drugs. But the FDA and the drug companies are in bed together and they squeeze out competitions and build up their monopolies and they love government medicine because they make more money. The insurance companies and the drug companies, whether it’s Democrats or Republicans reforming the medical care system, these corporations run the show. You know, they support it, it’s because the government doesn’t take it over. It’s the corporations that end up taking over. So, it’s well intended but I think it always backfires on us and that the people we’re wanting to regulate end up writing their own regulations.

Isn't that the truth ...

Have you seriously looked at Ron Paul's consistent message or do you just knee jerk react?

You simply don't know what you're talking about ...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Go to Westminster Maryland. You will see Ron Paul signs and supporters all over
It was the only thing I actually liked about that town lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am a patriot of the old republic and for me there is none but Paul.

Dr Paul has won Iowa, Maine, Missouri and Nevada and is likely to win Colorado, North Dakota, Idaho, and another 10 caucus states.

We should be screaming this in every forum. The fraud is slowly being exposed and the cockroaches in the Republican Party are running for shadows.

dougwead.wordpress.com...

www.ronpaul2012.com...

GODS SPEED RON PAUL IN 2012!

edit on 25-4-2012 by WarChestNC because: The color red is the color of blood.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join