It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Alone No More

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Good luck.

You're going to need a hail mary pass at this point to defeat Romney.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I don't have a "team".

I am someone with a dissenting opinion.

You are the paranoid one, assuming that all non-RP supporters are on a "team".

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I wasn't suggesting you have some sort of organized structure, I was saying you're all on the same side of the fence and arguing the same position. Though it wouldn't surprise me if some of you knew each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I think you misunderstand the situation.

Ron Paul does NOT have to beat Romney, in the GOP nomination, he can run as an independant, third choice.

That is a fact.

If Ron Paul does run as an independant then he gets to face Obama and Romney in the General election.

This going the way it is, Romney and Obama are gonna start cutting each other up soon, and Ron Paul will be
less sullied by the campaign tactics until that time.

If Romney and Obama do a really good job of cutting each other up before Ron Paul even steps up as an independant, then he will look pretty good to alot of people.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Romney had defeated himself. The only people who want his is the Globalists and their paid MSM propagandists. It has already been reported that the Bilderburgs picked Rubio for his running mate. It is no secret a vote for Romney is a vote for the Worlds banking cartel. I know the world thinks we are stupid but nobody can be that stupid now that it is all coming out in the open. Obama? There is nothing left to question as to what he is about. They may have all of our money and they may have their rigged ballot boxes. This is not an election this is a make or break situation. Why do you think Ron Paul support is so rapidly growing? We have no choice as he has said this isn't about an election its about changing the course of history.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I don't have a "team".

I am someone with a dissenting opinion.

You are the paranoid one, assuming that all non-RP supporters are on a "team".

Might wanna learn how to read sarcasm, i think it was pretty obvious 'team' didnt actually mean yall U2U back and forth and call each other and plan out how to disrupt EVERY Ron Paul thread on this board. I guess that might occur, but i think we all know the Ron Paul bashers just like to do it for fun. Fine with me, its obviously only to compensate for your fear of him. I mean its either that, or yall are just that pathetic. If you actually believe he poses no threat to you or the election, then its pretty pathetic to keep coming back and saying the same thing over and over and over again. We get it, you and OutKast Searcher and one or 2 others consistently maintain the opinion that Ron Paul will lose the election and will not be nominated. Thats fine, we officially have you down as that being your OPINION, its been stated here and on every Ron Paul thread this year, we got it loud and clear. Now continue to reinforce my statement of this just being sheer pathetic ego boosting for yourself.

And on topic I think these rallies speak for themselves, Ron Paul most certainly isnt alone anymore

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul has a better chance of pulling off a "miracle in Tampa"
then the U.S. hockey team had of beating the Soviets in 1980.
I am hoping to have that amazing feeling again.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

There's plenty of reasons to dislike Ron Paul, like his willingness to remove funding for public elementary education, that aren't based on fear, but on not wanting the whole world to be owned and managed by for profit corporations.

In addition, as Chomsky has stated, Paul and US Libertarianism represents tyranny of the wealthy over not only government, but the individual and society. You think government is corrupt an unresponsive, wait until the justice system works about as well as you cell phone provider's technical support phone number.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
have you rabid ron paul supporters actually read his ENTIRE list of what he would change in our government, and actually thought about the implications of those changes? the word "naive" comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ron Paul isn't done. The primaries aren't done. The process of choosing a Republican nomination for this year's presidential election isn't done.

Even if you're from the future and things are already "done" where you are, I'm going to still vote for Ron Paul. Because I rather have voted for someone who loses but I agree with, than someone who wins but makes me throw up in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I dont get why all the rich 'PTB' people dont take all of their money and go buy an island and just live off what they have with each other and let people that truly want to help each other have a go at this whole government thing. These politicians and big business men should just take their money and their families and go play with it all while we still have people literally lining up to save this country. This video illustrates to me that there are thousands of people at each and every rally for Ron Paul that wants to see this country be great again, they are dedicated, enthusiastic, and willing to work against all odds to see our former glory restored. I dont understand why TPTB dont just let us have that shot and go play with all the 'things' they worked and corrupted so much and so many for. They have it all now, why dont they just take it and disappear, enjoy it even? Let the common man have his shot at a fair and justified world where we can feed everyone and forget about profits for awhile. Where we can tend to our sick and old and infirm and build healthy lasting relationships with people. Not fighting over who has the bigger stick or the most money. I guess im kinda saying I just wish all the corrupt people that have all the pieces to the game would just go play with it now. I dont want to be a part of their game anymore, i want to build a new one, or rather restore an old one who's time has come to be embraced again by the people of this nation.
edit on 24-4-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Our education system in America is deeply flawed. We do need drastic change and Ron Paul would most certainly bring that change.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by literofcola

Privatising primary and secondary level education would have one main effect, knocking millions of poor people out of the education system, and disenfranchising entire families for generations.

If you think that's the solution America needs, we'll agree to disagree.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

[pats delusional Ron Paul supporter on the back]

It's ok buddy. Everything is gonna be fine.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Why aren't they out in droves at the voting booths?

Wow, I'm getting all the regulars huh? When is OutKast Searcher gonna show up? You better buzz him or he'll be late to the party.

We all know why... the entire system is rigged. Flame away essay...

Ron Paul has mentioned the same thing. He has wonder why the number of votes don't seem to match the crowds.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I for one encourage any Paul supporter who feels that the GOP is rigging elections, to boycott all GOP candidates until the party addresses the issue.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What the heck is going on here...besides fraud? The Iowa State GOP chairman Steve Strawn resigns after the confusion.
Looks like Rob Paul may win Minnesota too.

spec

edit on 24-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The whole world is behind Ron Paul!

Why would you say that I wonder? He has very little support here?

His supporters are very loud and they may hang out at ATS, but outside of this small community he is an interesting side note, who runs at every Presidential Election of late. Then he takes the excess money at the end and uses it for his political causes somehow. Perfectly legal and others have done the same. It does mean his idea's are very important to him. Running for high office is no doubt very grueling work.

You see in the US you can benefit from campaigning even if you don't win. Paul never had any intention of winning. He is trying to get his ideas more attention and have influence at he Convention, which is a good thing, don't get me wrong. The more idea's the better even if I'm not personally a Republican myself.

I'm what we refer to as a "swing voter" and don't belong to a Party. Paul is a Libertarian who for whatever reason runs as a Republican, even though he is not truly one himself and his idea's often run contrary to the Party Platform. He's interesting, but not a viable candidate. In fact if he were to suddenly decide to run Third Party, he would guarantee Obama another four years and in fact become an important part of Obama's Campaign.

I don't think he would ever do that though. He's about bringing awareness to his idea's. His idea's are valid even if they only appeal to perhaps one in twenty voters.

I often wonder why he does not have the courage to run as a Libertarian and question his pretense at being a Republican. I'd think he would use his celebrity to advance the Libertarian Parties influence in the US. We need more alternatives. He could help with that, but what he can't do is win a Presidential Election. Even Gingrich is ahead of him in potential Delegates and Gingrich is out of the race for all intents and purposes.

like I said, don't get wrong as I'm just being honest here. I like some of his idea's, others are to radical for me and most everyone else in the country. Even though we are Representative Republic, you still have to have a majority following here to gain high office.

I do think what he is doing is a good thing and wish him well at getting his message out at the Convention. I pray however he does not get full of himself and run third party handing the White House to Obama on a silver platter.
edit on 4/24/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You say you are not a Republican and not a Libratarian and you say that you hope Ron Paul does'nt run as a 3rd canidiate as not to hand the election to Obama? so what are you exactly ? just curious.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He doesn't run as a Libertarian, because he's a celebrity politician. As a Republican, he's in the spotlight, now, but as a Libertarian, he's just another kooky extremist.

It's no more than that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join