It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Warren - Half a Million Secrets (Anonymous 9/11 secret).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this thread contains no evidence of a 9/11 conspiracy, just something that piqued my interest. This is entirely an opinion based thread.

This is from a TED meeting. Frank Warren did a project where he sent out self-addressed postcards asking people to send him a secret that they hadn't told anybody about. He ended up recieving half a million of them in the mail. There are a few heart-warming ones in there, but at ~2:50 there is one relating to 9/11.

Someone has sent in a secret which just says "Everyone who knew me before 9/11 believes I'm dead".

It definately made me do a double take. I can see a few possibilities for why someone would send this secret in:

1. Just having a laugh/making stuff up.
2. Used 9/11 as an opportunity to fake their own death and start fresh.
3. Was somehow involved in a conspiracy.

Obviously there is no way to tell which it is, which is why I said there is no evidence in this thread.

I am interested to hear your thoughts and opinions about it

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Makes you think...

If everyone you knew assumed you had just died - how many of us would just run with it?

I could never do that to my family and my girlfriend (who I live with, she might figure out something's up) but I'm sure there's plenty out there who'd take advantage of a situation like that. Whether to avoid their debts, child support, etc.

That said, it's not so much funny as it is interesting, so I'm guessing it's not a joke
edit on 24-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
True I didn't find the comment funny, but then we know there are people out there that like to poke fun at other people's beliefs. We see it every day here on the 9/11 forum.

I imagine I would try to find a friend that had gone missing, but then maybe no-one liked this person? Or maybe the people who knew them just accepted at face value they were dead, like all of the families of 9/11 victims had to.

If there really was a conspiracy and this person was involved, maybe this was the only way that person could get it off their chest. I imagine that it would be a heavy burden.

That's an interesting question you asked about using it as a chance to escape. I can say it would be tempting as you could gain a lot of freedom from that. However I don't think I could go through with it as I would still want to keep contact with my family and friends, not to mention I'd have no idea how to get ahold of a new identity.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
1. Possible
2. Possible
3. Possible

4. Was someone who believes in a conspiracy so they sent it in to try and make it seem more legitimate.

The same three things I thought about as well. But it is definitely interesting. The website that is being discussed has been linked to ATS a few times, and always worth a gander.

Some of the things people post on there are just a reminder of how our world is not what it looks like, as everyone has secrets.
edit on 24-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho4. Was someone who believes in a conspiracy so they sent it in to try and make it seem more legitimate.

Hadn't thought of that one, well spotted

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Originally posted by boncho4. Was someone who believes in a conspiracy so they sent it in to try and make it seem more legitimate.

I thought it was interesting that the speaker didn't make any presumptions on that card, and probably for obvious reasons. Depending on how the event affected an individual they would be inclined to believe in any of the 4 options.

And it's quite a personal thing I imagine for some.

Thanks for posting to the forum.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Think 9/11 victims fund.
Get a family member to report your death.
Collect check and move to new town.
There's probably several people who had done this.
Free money from the government will always make a few jump..

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Actually rather obvious.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Actually rather obvious.

It actually makes no sense. All the postcard says is some people, (or everyone who knew him or her before 9/11) think I'm dead, he/she not even faking unless there was deliberate planting of evidence, and 9/11 was not the work of an individual. The only possible conspiracy that could be implied then, is that there are people now who are helping he/she to stay "dead" and who did not know he/she before 9/11. Otherwise there is no conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

having had a dear friend die that day
and seen the trouble and hardship his family had to through after to get compensated
reading your comment made me sick
you are a cruel human.and i really dont want to be on a site that has moderators making those comments
totally sick and uncalled for
edit on 24-4-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

the last line of your comment is an obvious remark to the poor souls who had to jump that day

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed
the last line of your comment is an obvious remark to the poor souls who had to jump that day

I'm pretty sure that was not his intention.

For one thing, the victims' fund did not exist until after the attacks, and therefore could not have affected the people who jumped from the towers.

People on this board will say things like that, AskTheAnimals is not one of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would doubt this person used 9/11 to escape. They would not have known it was coming and would have had to make a split second decision to leave all their belongings to fake death. Also, if someone reported them dead for money, that person would know they were alive and therefore not 'everyone' that knew him before 9/11 would think hes dead.

My opinion. He was either involved in a cover up and someone is helping him hide or he is conspiracy minded and wanted others to question 9/11.

Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed

having had a dear friend die that day
and seen the trouble and hardship his family had to through after to get compensated
reading your comment made me sick
you are a cruel human.and i really dont want to be on a site that has moderators making those comments
totally sick and uncalled for

I am sorry to hear that you lost a friend on 9/11, you are not alone in that pain.
My comments were directed towards the OP who said that someone anonymously said:

Someone has sent in a secret which just says "Everyone who knew me before 9/11 believes I'm dead".

What I meant was that possibly someone saw the 9/11 victims fund as a cash cow they could use to enrich themselves. Several corporations did it so I thought it possible that some individual might do so as well.
What I meant was that people will "jump" at the chance for easy money.
I really wasn't thinking about the events of that day and it was a poor choice of words given what happened.
For that I do apologize.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

thank you
its kind of a touchy subject i realise now you obviously didnt mean any disrespect
i should have taken a bit more time with my reply instead of rushing to judge you
im also sorry about what i said about you im ny reply
hopefully we can forget about it now and move on

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reclaimed

It's all good.
I should think a little harder about my choice of words before I post.
You were right to point out my poor choice of words given the loss you experienced as a result of 9/11.
I'm glad you could accept my apology and believe me when I say I meant no disrespect to those who lost their lives that horrible day.
Thanks,
Asktheanimals
edit on 25-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Some good points all round, thanks everyone.

I found it interesting the speaker didn't comment on the slide as well. Yet he was the one who chose which ones to show and which ones not to.

So I wonder if it was just a really powerful secret with lots of connotations, or if Frank Warren was trying to make his own point by including that postcard but didn't want to "show his hand" by talking any more about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think there's a play (or possibly a short story or something?) where the main character is with his mistress when the plane hits and he realises he can just pretend to have died and start a new life.

new topics

top topics

join