It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has been sold - 53 Percent Of All Young College Graduates In America Are Either Unemployed O

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey Sonny, I thought the same as Im a Hand reared boy

Without a doubt the worlds on its way, to becoming a basket case.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
53% is actually a good number

consider that way less than 53% of the recruited college athletes go on to earn a living as a Sport Pro.

the conveyor belt of corporations using individuals is evident when you look at college BBall, FootBall and definitely wrestling....my guess is that 80% of the 'athletes' get a college education minimum education for their needed services with the team and are tossed out with little fanfare... but little more than a 'network' of sports related people they nurtured in a short 4 yr college career

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Welcome to the real world where there are people just like you making it work everyday. It ain't easy and it doesn't pay well. The people that whine and cry like babies end up in the welfare line and the people that work thru it are the millionaires.

It's called life.

Wow, so black and white in your world.

So what about the people who earn, say, $200k? They are not millionaires, and they're not in the welfare line. So are they lazy or hard workers?

I'm not gonna take a guess at what political party you support, because this kind of brain-dead ignorance to reality seems to follow one group of people around like a bad smell, and everyone knows the deal with that.

My point is that plenty of people, just like you, seem to think it's between those who work damn hard for what they have, and those who don't try at all. There's no one in-between at all.

Do you suggest that the banker, sitting behind his desk and telling people to make decisions for them, somehow works harder that a fire fighter? Or are they more deserving than that fire fighter?

I'm guessing that you, yourself, are either a millionaire, or are you texting this in from your welfare line?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Good, I'm glad to see these figures.

You're 25 years old and you haven't contributed anything to society. Mom and dad put you thru college, they helped you as much as they could.

Now you're on your own, lost and helpless like a child.

No real skills, no talent and no future.

Welcome to the real world where there are people just like you making it work everyday. It ain't easy and it doesn't pay well. The people that whine and cry like babies end up in the welfare line and the people that work thru it are the millionaires.

It's called life.

From your response ive deduced that you are a baby boomer or in that age range and we (under 30) should thank you for letting the country get to the point it is. Thank You for YOUR hard work and dedication to society!!!

:sarcasm
edit on 24-4-2012 by lzkaware because: (no reason given)

only pointed to those that relish litterbaux's initial response!
edit on 24-4-2012 by lzkaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's called life.

Can I also ask about your "real world" where the sons and daughters of wealthy politicians and business men go to some over-priced school, and basically BUY a couple of good results, then are immediately given everything for the rest of their life simply because who their daddy was?

Are they hard working and somehow more "worthy" than the hipster NY kid who has just worked every day from 5pm to 2am to pay FOR THEMSELVES to go through college, to come out at the end of it with no opportunities?

You know, they say ignorance is bliss, but it's certainly no excuse.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lzkaware

Tell it like it is.

I'm sick of the baby boomers treating people of my generation like helpless children when they too, are helpless children!

The irony is that these people marched against the Vietnam War and their response to OWS is to call younger folks "slackers" and "thugs".

You know what? They sold themselves and this country out once Reagan showed up.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am a High School Student about to graduate from High School. How can I live an survive in times like these.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i've been out of work for 2 years. (i found a job then got canned) . I cannoat work on minimum wage. and Michigan is the worse state, how about some money to get out of here?
edit on 24-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Go to a trade school if you think you have some kind of physical talent (electrical work, plumbing, general mechanical work).

If you know what's in demand and you can cobble together the money, try a 2 year college.

I can't recommend a full-time, 4 year college degree to anyone at this point because the job market is constantly shifting. If you know what you want and you're willing to pay to get it, go for it.

For me, college was a no-brainer due to my dedication to education. I just regret that I didn't pick a better field of study. Society frowns upon environmentalists and also scientists at this point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join