It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a ghost the other night it was life changing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So let me explain to you all how this happened I'm still kind of mind blown from it. I was siting in my room typing an annotated bibliography for one of my papers due at around 12:30 am, when it looked like what was smoke blowing through my room. So I look up from my laptop and what looks like a smokey figure gets up from the other couch in my room like he was just siting there watching me and walks right by in front of me ( I had my feet up on a chest in front of me so he was on the other side of that).
I could see his face(middle aged man looked like scruffle on his face) and torso which I couldn't see entirely as his hands and bottom half of his legs faded off, but he still gave the motion of walking it only looked like he was floating because I couldn't see his feet. He doesn't even look at me as he does this either just gets up and walks out. I would have said something or made a noise, but I was so dumbstruck I just sat there with my mouth open asking myself if I had really just seen what I think I had.
I've always believed in ghosts and spirits and such, but never had I actually seen one till this night. He was so clear and detailed though there was no way I was just seeing things. If I hadn't looked up to take a glance I would've just assumed he was a cloud of smoke or a haze blowing through. I must've sat there for 10 minutes after that because I was so mind blown. I just wanted to share my experience though feel free to ask any questions if you want more details.
But I gotta say he did look exactly like how I always pictured a ghost/spirit would, I have no doubt in my mind now that spirits roam freely around the world that we live in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Now you should never be afraid of death. Welcome to the club! Death is only a transition.

I think if I have a choice after I die, I would occupy the oval office.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Smoke + seeing people that aren't there = Time for bed, or a snack.

Are you sure it wasn't just something your mind shaped out of the smoke?
Like the devil's face in the 9/11 WTC smoke?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Smoke + seeing people that aren't there = Time for bed, or a snack.

Are you sure it wasn't just something your mind shaped out of the smoke?
Like the devil's face in the 9/11 WTC smoke?

Out of pure curiosity, why take this stance as opposed to 'cool experience.'

Why put the OP down. Now you should reply with, 'I didn't put the OP down.'

Then I reply with, 'O yes you did!"

See saved some time, I did!"

P

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

There are many senses we don't usually exercise much, a sense of humor is one you should try out more often I think.

Eliminating all possibilities is what any rational person would do, no?
I'm not even a skeptic, I hear and see things often. Sometimes it's a cool experience, sometimes it really sucks.

edit on 24-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I'm sure the figure was actually there fully formed except for the ends of his four limbs. I could stay up till sunrise on anyday before I start getting tired, 12:00 is usaully when I head out for the night so it wasn't from exhaustion because thats what I thought at first too. I don't know whether it was smoke or not but whatever was surrounding him had the consistency of smoke or a haze. Could even say it looked like an Aura around him but he was all gray in color. He was fully composed of whatever was swirling around him just denser where his body was, he was still see through though, he was definitely not completely solid.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sounds like a classic residual haunting opposed to an intelligent spirit. How old is your house? Any previous occupants? Have you ever experienced any other odd happenings in your home? Very cool OP. I've never experienced anything supernatural myself.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

It's an older house we're renting from an elderly couple while they're off traveling the world while they still can. I know the addition on its close to 60 years old so the house is probably older then that, and the part my rooms in is the original older section of the house so if anything this is where it would happen.

Other then this occasion nothing else has ever happened, I've always had an interest in the supernatural this was the first time I witnessed a whole figure though.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I never was afraid of death or at least tried not to be, I've always believed this was just the beginning of a long journey deaths just the next step.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When i was younger, im 30
i always woke up early and went with my cereal and watch cartoons on tv, usualy english cartoons really early in the morning because they were the best around 4am (yes when i was young i woke up that early just to watch better comics)

and i went downstairs, we had a 3 floor house, when you arrive downstairs its a long rectangular room, to your left left there is the toilet, to your left there is a long sofa, to right right there is a door that lead to a storage that lead to the right to another door where you can pass firewood to closer the stove, and to the far right the stove and a wood crate in stone. in front of the sofa there was the tv, so i sat on the sofa, i found the controller and power up everything and turn on volume and change channel to english cartoons
, grab my boal,

i knew every buttons to press instinctively so i never had looked to where the tv or stove was. drop the controller, grab my cereal and look at the direction of tv as i start listening to i think it was x-men, and there who sat on the stone wood crate, a men middle average adult men, in old clothing brown, old yellow and white colors i would say, with a hat in similar colors and patterns, I was very young, around 6-8 years old i just had my first 386 at that time
and this men said in french, since im french, bonjour,

and on the spur of the moment, i didnt really know what to think, it was 4am saturday morning, my brothers and parents are upstairs asleep im here downstairs and there is this men in old clothe that is saluting me, I think i panicked and run to my parents, they said it was a nightmare, but lol the cereal downstairs are real,

i know what i saw, and i still think so to this day. I also had dreams that i was someone else riding a bicycle with a huge wheel in front and a small one in the back, in old clothe of similar old color pattern you know,

i was descending a road that was slowly turning to the left, with a mountain to my left, and precipice with forest to my right, the road is very rocky and unstable with this old bike, during my descant my steering break and i fall on the revine to my right, i fall, fall and fall, and i hit the ground, fell all the pain of dieing, tons of incoherant flashbacks and i die and wakeup.

i had this dream almost every night during most of my childhood and then it stopped.

Im not sure the events where i saw this ghost and my dreams are linked but the colors of the clothes i wear in this dream where the same colors this ghost had.

and i still dont know what to think about this event because some years later we moved for other reason and i had greater apparition that i talked about somewhere else on ATS.
edit on 24-4-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Very interesting story thanks for sharing
and in my case the man looked like a middle aged solider as well. He had the hat on and everything no color though just a full gray figure. I wish he had said something to me it would have been awesome to talk to him he just walked out like I wasn't even there.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Some people can see really well, some can hear the minutest sound and others can see glimpses of the other side. It is very cool!

P

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by skywalk

Very interesting story thanks for sharing
and in my case the man looked like a middle aged solider as well. He had the hat on and everything no color though just a full gray figure. I wish he had said something to me it would have been awesome to talk to him he just walked out like I wasn't even there.

Just because you can see him does not infer that he can see you. Maybe he can and then maybe he can't. Just as some people see him while others can't and some can't even admit the possibility! It is all so variable and we really no squat about it all.

P

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I almost died as a child too (was hit by a car) that might attribute to why I could see him so clearly as well. Maybe because I was almost gone, take it from me you really do see a light at the end of a tunnel when the ends close. I was down to seconds left if my mother had waited for an ambulance to arrive instead of throwing me in the car and driving me herself I wouldn't be here today.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

I have seen some similar beings myself! As long as they dont try and hurt you- Relax! I usually just ignore them and walk right through them. I have seen Lights, ORBS, Large Shadow Beings and Large Grey Beings and Beings the color of the SUN. The Large Shadow Beings give me the creeps and I usually just walk right through them. There is somekind of Dimension Issue going on that I cannot explain! I have seen the sort of grey white kind of smoke or mist thing outside. With all the UFO's that are showing up around the world and this issue..I am sure that something major is going down. Try not to worry! Keep somekind of journal about when you see this being. Find out history on youre home. If you want to try and get rid of this being..you can try Sage and Salt..you burn the Sage throughout the house and cleanse the area. You take the salt and put it around youre home and in the doorways and windowsills. This will work on a ghost..there is no help to ward off Aliens except maybe a large dog.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think that if I saw a ghost that I could not explain away, it would make me more afraid of death. Of everything I have seen/heard about of ghosts, I don't want that for myself for eternity. I prefer the idea that ghosts are residual energy or psychic manifestations, though.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by Brandon88

I think your rather lucky to have had the chance to see an apparition, I also think a previous poster was correct in saying what you witnessed was a residual haunting. You say he looked like a "middle age soldier", do you have an idea of what war he looked like he was from?

residual haunting are said to repeat over and over like a tape recorder, if thats true and it does happen again it probably wouldnt be a bad idea to set out a camera. I think some residual hauntings may have some intelligence to them and maybe they choose to repeat that part of their lives, if thats the case it may not repeat over and over(?)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Great experience!

I agree with the other posters who say it was most likely a residual haunting.

I'm curious if you think you will share the experience with the owners to see if they know of the apparitions identity? Is the house in a location where any battles were fought?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

reply to post by itsallmaya

The uniform looked old like civil war era old, I'm pretty close to Valley Forge and Gettysburgh. Pennsylvania has alot of history to it so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Union soldier.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by strafgod

reply to post by itsallmaya

The uniform looked old like civil war era old, I'm pretty close to Valley Forge and Gettysburgh. Pennsylvania has alot of history to it so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Union soldier.

Gettysburg. Since you live close to it, you'd think you'd know how it's spelled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join