It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traps with a thought of SAW the movie *UTAH be careful" Dangerous booby traps found on popular Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Man now this is scary. Hiking with your family and some prankster kids sets up a trap to try to inflict harm on the unsuspecting victim. Cringing just at the thought. It's a miracle no one got hurt.

news.yahoo.com...

By BY PAUL FOY | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A deadly booby trap rigged along a popular Utah trail could have killed someone if they had tripped a ground wire set up to send a 20-pound, spiked boulder swinging into an unsuspecting hiker, authorities said Monday.

Another trap was designed to trip a passer-by into a bed of sharpened wooden stakes, authorities said.

Two men arrested over the weekend on suspicion of misdemeanor reckless endangerment told authorities the traps were intended for wildlife, but investigators didn't believe the story.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

They set deadly traps and they only get a misdemeanor? That's scary in itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This world has some truly sick, twisted and demented people in it. This thread illustrates yet another example of some real winners walking among us. A misdemeanor for plotting to kill or at least seriously maim someone? Nice justice system we've got huh? You can include the judge presiding over this case in the aforementioned "winners" category as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah, generally speaking I get extremely upset at gratuitous tazing and police-brutality videos. But here's one of those cases where it would have been more than justified--and they charge a misdemeanor? WTF?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Were these on public or private property?

It states it was found by a US Forest Service officer, and a half mile away from a popular hiking trail...but was it private or public? If public, these guys deserve more than the misdemeanor they are getting.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes I agree about the poor charges but I also know I have family there and if they were to get hurt from some crap like that.............
I would be on my way to that part of the country. A little street justice if you know what I mean!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That's mad! I wonder what they would have done if they had gone back to the traps a few days after setting them and found 1 (or more) dead or seriously injured people? Makes me wonder if these 2 idiots have got previous convictions? Had to believe there are not some more serious charges than can be pressed. Who knows, these 2 might be on the beginning career of serial killers who think it's 'fun' to injure and kill other humans. S+F.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I just caught this story. WTH is wrong with people. They claim the traps were intended for animals?? Right...

The booby traps were set at entrances to an elaborate dead-wood shelter built by the suspects that could have caught the attention of children, Cannon said.

The structure was easy to see, but the booby traps could have been overlooked by everyone except a military-trained officer like James Schoeffler of the U.S. Forest Service, who was on a routine patrol along Big Springs Trail last week when he noticed the trip wires.

They caught the idiots!!!!

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of the corrupt morals in western society, not only for the setting of the traps, but the complete lack of the sanctity of life in general. here we have a couple idiots who were likely trying to harm humans, even kill them, in a very grotesque manner, and they are charged with misdemeanors.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here we have the story of a man who stole a $1 cup of soda, and he is charged with a felony, not only that, but there are people actually supporting a felony charge.

What has society come to when we value money of life?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is why I still look for wires whenever I go out. Glad noone was hurt.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Even though you are not suppose to go by looks, they look like sociopaths.

Well heck, I just looked up the word because I always seem to switch psychopath with sociopath and it just pretty much describes everything with my niece to a tee. Now that's just scary. .Hmm, they both seem similar. What's the difference between the two?

Everything in bold is pretty much what I went through 8 straight months.

www.mcafee.cc...

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join