It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi man spends 15 years in jail on father's order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, that is an insane story

(Reuters) - A Saudi Arabian man who was jailed for three years in 1997 has spent a further 12 years behind bars waiting for his father to pardon him, a local human rights group has said.

Eid al-Sinani, 43, was originally sentenced to three years in prison and 200 lashes for beating up his step mother, Musab al-Zahrani, a researcher at the National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), told Reuters.

However, when the sentence had been served the father asked a judge to keep his son in prison "until he is proven to be righteous by his father". The judge agreed and 12 years later Sinani is still in jail, Zahrani said.

I know you never, never should lay your hand on anyone, but we don't know what really happened,
but if he did beat up his step mother, 16 years is maybe a little extreme

Crazy Wahhabis

Link

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Meanwhile, a 4 year old Saudi boy shoots his father dead for not buying him a playstation.....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i agree its extreme.

i wasn't there so i don't know why a person supposedly hit another person.

that's all i have to say.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
WOW... 'Honor thy Mother and Honor thy Father' takes on entirely new meanings and importance in Saudi Arabia. Hey, there are days I wouldn't mind living there with a little boy who's just SURE every adult living is flat wrong on everything ever said. lol...

Seriously, I suppose when things like this are known and publicly reported in that nation, Saudi kids are a little more careful about their temper tantrums. It'd be hard to see things otherwise unless said kids found reasons to LIKE a Saudi Prison. Something tells me they aren't getting special menus, Soccer fields and Cable TV in the Saudi system.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Honor thy mother and father does'nt extend to step parents my friend!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I don't care who you are, you do not have a right to lay your hand on anyone in violence.. Hard to honor your mother when you beat the crap out of her and/or put her in the hospital. 15 years in jail is too harsh but 200 lashes with a whip might teach him to be less insolent.
edit on 23-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Isn't the story here describing over a decade in prison for beating up on a Step-Mother? It would seem, at least in that household, Dad didn't see the distinction... Ouch for the kid.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

top topics

join