It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you believe is the purpose of ufos?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

some here to harm
some here to study
somehere for EA*RTH business
some here for help to continue their paths
some black project crafts doing studies of some kind
Some protect EA*RTH from unwanted ET/ALIENS

my 3 cents

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I'm a firm believer in hypnosis, I know it can be misused and I don't care about debunkers. It is also logical for a species 50,000 years more advanced to approach us from the subconscious and not physical, obviosuly the advantage would be nothing predictable - hence witnesses saw people getting sucked up into the beams of UFOs, and cattle being sucked up into the beams of UFOs. In the case of Corales it was small blood samples from the islanders geting sucked up into and through the small beam - something people would not think about, 50,000 years more advanced.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

That's a very good question. Leaving out purely man made phenomena such as
Chinese Lanterns, Smog Gas, the planet Venus and Beer Goggles.
I would subscribe to the opinion the vehicles are real, entirely man made and originate here.

I do not believe we inherited these vehicles from Aliens or the Greys but they belong purely
to a form of esoteric engineering which follows the work of the likes of Tesla, Townsend Brown etc.

So what's their purpose? I am definitely not 100% but I would suggest for the time being they
are used primarily as a form of “Surveillance” specially as their Gravitational Magnetic drives
appear to have an ability to deflect and out accelerate most forms of Ground Radar!

I have looked into the work of John R. Searl, the UK electrical engineer who's built a series of the SEG vehicles which appear to exhibit some major similarities to most of the Flying Saucer cases which have been reported.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX
What a stupid pointless thread this is!! OP, you're a young person possibly on drugs with nothing better to do? Am I right? Get a life/ or maybe even a job & stop boring me!

Whats so "stupid" about his/her question? Young, perhaps but obviously willing to ask straight forward questions. Not so arrogant as to think he knows all the answers. Your obnoxious reply demonstrates an unwillingness to ASK ANYTHING. Maybe you will be seen for what you are, and I'm to polite to tell you. So stick your ego in your back pocket, and start asking questions. The first sign of wisdom is "I don't know, what do you think"?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture1200

What a stupid pointless thread this is!! OP, you're a young person possibly on drugs with nothing better to do? Am I right? Get a life/ or maybe even a job & stop boring me!

Whats so "stupid" about his/her question? Young, perhaps but obviously willing to ask straight forward questions. Not so arrogant as to think he knows all the answers. Your obnoxious reply demonstrates an unwillingness to ASK ANYTHING. Maybe you will be seen for what you are, and I'm to polite to tell you. So stick your ego in your back pocket, and start asking questions. The first sign of wisdom is "I don't know, what do you think"?
I've been asking questions for the past 40 years my friend! Maybe I'm stupid & been asking the wrong questions? What questions should I ask-- in your opinion?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What do i think the reason of UFO's are?

Simple. To deceive the human people into thinking "life outside Earth" might actually exist.

What if SPACE isn't even real? This would explain the fabricated Moon Landings.

Could we be in a high tech dome, equipped with holograms, controlled weather patterns etc?

Why not? Sounds easier than a floating planet in the middle of an infinite space.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

How am I supposed to know what's REALLY going on regarding this enigma & all that's allegedly strange!?! When a thread starts getting into the fantasy world of 'the matrix' is when I leave the discussion.... Have fun

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

How am I supposed to know what's REALLY going on regarding this enigma & all that's allegedly strange!?! When a thread starts getting into the fantasy world of 'the matrix' is when I leave the discussion.... Have fun

Run away when you cant find the answers......typical.

Is it fear of the truth? Fear of questioning the truth? Lack of imagination?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I've been asking questions for the past 40 years my friend! Maybe I'm stupid & been asking the wrong questions? What questions should I ask-- in your opinion?

I like to hire people who are not afraid to ask questions, way to many infantile egos and I don't have the time for them. Your question is at least to me very reasonable, if in UFO's you make reference to "true unknowns". As Neal De grass Tyson (sorry if I butchered his name w/my spelling) recently said any advanced ET would likely make us look (I paraphrase)at best like prancing apes. I agree with those who think they are here for there own reasons, we might not be even able to guess at. Some appear curious, even whimsical as in the real bizarre stuff reported for thousands of years.

Joch Valee (spell?) and his fantastic books, "Messengers of Deception is a classic, I loaned my copies out and have yet to get them back! But even better with a marvelous tie-in to folk lore, is Passport to Magonia. Loaned that one out to...His expertise more European then elsewhere is a beautiful attempt to "pigeon hole" into the knowledge, and ideology of an earlier age what is unknown to people then. A lot of UFO reports, if thats what they are are so weird they can't be scientifically categorized. Like seeing past (now dead) love ones in "close encounters"? Thats just way to strange for me. But its something reported and more then once.

Whitley Strieber once said when he was asked about "what they do" he was told "we recycle Sol's" He also has said that a very advanced capability could bridge the gap between life and death. He was not the only one to say this. (I can't recall the others, but one may have been Jacobs, will look it up though) Very interesting, and yet go back 1,000 or so years and say you came from another planet. Assuming you weren't burned as a witch, how could they even grasp space travel? They would have no way to compare it. No "reference points, markers, etc. So what is way out for us? Perhaps in time...

It would appear as mentioned some things we do in our atmosphere, maybe underground on land etc, when it comes to using nuclear weapons affects "other regions" we don't yet know about or can define. I have read that a nuclear weapon even destroys the Sol of those who are "shadows on walls" God I hope not. Death is bad enough. But I do know a few things that are creepy enough.

We and the Russians have had our missile fields "de-activated" and associated with UFO's. Got a chance to visit Russia in 1992, and knew a senior scientist there and my question was largely about, UFO's. By then we had linked via advanced telemetry (called "hot lines", actually teletypes to prevent "misunderstanding's". Now hard wired and special NRO/GRU satellite links via computers. Still have the teletypes as far as I know, secure and hard to screw up) not just for the Commander in Chiefs but the major military facilities. We came so close to nightmare stuff due to stupid mistakes, both sides.

We came WAY TO CLOSE to many times not to blow everyone up because of a dumb ass accident. And they had more UFO problems then we did that way, and brother we HAD problems. Part of it may be because they rely much more on ground based ICBM's then we did or do.

Honestly I think some are here because were screwing up the planet. This has been reported many times and its not "our planet" to screw up. Who's? I have no idea. It just seems what happens here affects others, or thats the impression. Perhaps some link w/someone else in and of the biosphere we don't understand yet...

I am also convinced some of the "activity" is malevolent, nasty as hell stuff. You heard of animal mutilations? It just aint Bossy the cow we have had to deal with. This is one very sensitive area and it seems thank God, very rare but it does happen. Police and Sheriff communications are naturally monitored, and they have been told "this didn't happen, got it"? They have gotten a few guys lets just say scary intelligence dudes who make sure all records are seized, tapes and recordings destroyed. We do have the ability to "over lay" certain communications, and selectively, or so I'm told. Out of space, will continue...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Run away when you cant find the answers......typical.

Is it fear of the truth? Fear of questioning the truth? Lack of imagination?
What truth are you referring to? Do you 'know' something we don't? Pray tell... Pathetic/ boring reply zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok, so down to brass tacks. UFO's do not have a purpose, because they are Unidentified. It is like saying what is the purpose of a balloon, hubcap, atmospheric anomaly , a flock of geese or an extraterrestrial space vehicle. All being bundled up under one title.

What would have a purpose, is an IFO. So, the question here is "What do you believe is the purpose of an extraterrestrial space vehicle, assuming it has been positively identified as such? Since there is really hard visual evidence that they do indeed exist, speculation is all that can be produced, but it can be done scientifically.

So assume for a minute, they are real. What would be their purpose for showing up on our earth?

1. Probes. Our entire space program is based on probes. We probe the moon and planets the best we can with our technology. It has to be assumed that if other beings exist, they are going to probe as well.

2. They need something we have. Well, I find that kind of hard to believe since all of the other planets in the system of SOL have pretty much the same materials we do. If they need US, then holy moly, what for? and why?

3. They want to help us. Again, rather hard to believe since so many catastrophes happen on this planet and not much evidence that ET has tried to stop it. Perhaps they are not "allowed" to interfere.

4. They want to take over the Earth. Again, not likely as given the technology shown, that could have happened easily already, as we would have no way to defend ourselves. Why would they wait for us to develop a technology that could possibly be effective against them?

5. They are inter-dimensional. Possible. We are learning a great deal about quantum mechanics which seem to show that there are other versions of our reality right next to us, but we have no idea as yet how to access them or even contemplate how one could move between them.

6. They are time travelers. They could be us in the future, coming back to examine past history or making minute changes that affect their existence. I find this a very compelling possibility. It is said that what ever we can think up will most likely happen some day, so time travel would be on the top of the list.

7. They have always been here. This is also a possibility. We notice them more, because our technology and communications advance and we detect them easier and spread the word around fast enough for others to help substantiate sightings and events.

To me, there are probably a few of the above that would be realistic reasons why ET could be on this planet. I think the most compelling evidence comes from what pilots and flight crews have encountered, and the hundreds of cases that are written about them. I also think that certain cases, like the Phoenix, Arizona encounter and Rendelsham forest incident are just so overwhelming with visual evidence, that we have to conclude that whatever happened there was not initiated by us.

There is one book(s) that everyone should read if they like this subject, or even if they are supreme skeptics. These are the works of Richard M. Dolan, "UFO's and the National Security State". vol 1/2, Fascinating reading that really gets you thinking.
edit on 4-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 4-5-2012 by charlyv because: ditto

edit on 4-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

There is one book(s) that everyone should read if they like this subject, or even if they are supreme skeptics. These are the works of Richard M. Dolan, "UFO's and the National Security State". vol 1/2, Fascinating reading the really gets you thinking.
Yeah, fascinating reading if you're a fantasy freak!!... Other than that 'IMO' it's pathetic crap--- Dolan is just one of many selling books to the morons that take this crap in!! If I were that way inclined I could sell locks of hair claiming to be that of Elvis at 100 dollars a strand!... I'm sure I'd earn a few thousand out of the gullible-- why don't I do it?? Because my soul would not allow me to!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

There is one book(s) that everyone should read if they like this subject, or even if they are supreme skeptics. These are the works of Richard M. Dolan, "UFO's and the National Security State". vol 1/2, Fascinating reading the really gets you thinking.
Yeah, fascinating reading if you're a fantasy freak!!... Other than that 'IMO' it's pathetic crap--- Dolan is just one of many selling books to the morons that take this crap in!! If I were that way inclined I could sell locks of hair claiming to be that of Elvis at 100 dollars a strand!... I'm sure I'd earn a few thousand out of the gullible-- why don't I do it?? Because my soul would not allow me to!!

You obviously did not read his book. I do not know anyone that would come away with an opinion like that after actually reading it. (Well, I guess you are an exception, if you actually did read it)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture1200

Other areas are also interesting when asking questions about "UFO's". I find it amusing some will say as was reported at the Roswell (actually the crash was closer to Corona New Mexico, Roswell being the 509th atomic bomber base, the only one I know of at that time) that "they" crashed during a severe thunderstorm Perhaps true, or not. We have reports now in the OS media that our early high powered microwave radar somehow screwed up their or some of their vehicles.

Back in "the old days" the way you got through radar jamming, was to pump as much energy into the radar beam as possible. And it was still somewhat new our radar technology at the time. ET learning curve?

But people say things like "if they can go a gazillion miles, then why would primitive radar affect them? I don't know the answer to that. Or why thunderstorms? All that tells me is that their mortal, and can die just like us. The fact thunderstorm generated lightening is plasma based has not been lost on our BMD program. (the old SDI) also very good at screwing electronics and punching holes in things.

Our F-22 can fry an enemy planes electronics, no problem. I don't know if it has energy based weapons beyond that, (I seriously doubt it) or anything beyond cannon and missile armament. however. Rumor has some of our aerospace planes have some kind of energy weapons capability, which make's a lot of sense in space. But not sure. But if up to me, you bet your boots we would.

Among the fortunately few nasty stuff, most is just bizarre. My guess is a lot is not consciously remembered, it may "translate" into a bad or confusing dream, and aren't most dreams by nature at least after you wake up confusing? Also it seems the majority are not hostile, or helpful. I read one report from MUFON that said "they acted positively board"! Like lets just do this and hit the bars, OK? Most reports are they act very matter-of-fact, and nothing more. Reminds me of a board lab technician...

But one thing may be intentional or just our adapting to the situation; we are becoming more aware of the strangeness, and seem to have integrated it into our culture at many levels. We certainly have not, as far as I know (and I'm often told squat) been able to shoot them down at least with conventional weapons. A report from Russia about "an event" in 1957 indicates the Russians DID use a nuclear armed air-to-air missile, similar to our old Genie nuclear armed rockets.

They were designed to fly in/and or above a bomber formation. Yield of the Genie could vary from .9 to 12k t. Fusible,and though the Genie was unguided it really didn't have to be. Don't know much at all about the Russian nukes at that time except we had A LOT MORE bombers then they did, logical to assume they equipped more of them (nukes) on interceptors. I would have, under the same situations and deployed capability they were under.

I also think its quite possible to "simulate" an alien abduction using certain technologies, our military **** ****** could at least in theory. I have no idea if they do however, except for even more disinformation. Including giving all of us TPTB are actually in control, of something. As I've said many times before, a loss of confidence in ones security has brought down nations. Even war is preferred by some, no actually by everyone in power. So who knows?

But keep asking questions. Regards; arbiture1200 (Bob)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

well now you do know someone----yeah, i did read it!! so now what?

edit on 4-5-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Just want to add the book UFO's and the National Security State is very good. I like the fact he covers many aspects of statecraft and military control NOT RELATED to UFO's. That alone is worth reading, but he does a good job at dealing with and how we use disinformation, and to a certain respect the national power structure, and what it fears. No what is feared then that insight can alone be invaluable. Excellent selection and what I would call "a good read".

As someone who has worked in the field of national security, a bit surprised he was able to write and publish so much!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As someone who has worked in the field of national security, a bit surprised he was able to write and publish so much!
therefore are you suggesting what he says must be crap & full of sh!te in order to write books to earn money? is that what you're saying?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

therefore are you suggesting what he says must be crap & full of sh!te in order to write books to earn money? is that what you're saying?

No, not crap at all. Just interesting. I thought that was clear in my post. But of course your free to make up your own mind. if you've read the book, he does cover areas of how information is quietly compartmented, how different "power groups" in a government "play", why certain material is disinformation and why its used. Also helps sort the crap from the more interesting stuff. If as you suggested I "thought what he said was crap", then I would have said so.

Different ratings (what most call clearances) are highly compartmentalized and most of the classified stuff is actually, rather boring. He did a good job of using UFO's as the mechanism to look at national security. One could have picked another area, but since "UFO's" cover so many areas its interesting how they are integrated into the structure of classification. He touches on the nature of sources and methods being (usually) MORE secret then the secrets them self. And the "time decay" nature of actionable intelligence.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

well now you do know someone----yeah, i did read it!! so now what?

edit on 4-5-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

Wow. May be wrong but you seem like one very angry person. To bad, because everyones contribution is important... Having someone say something I never thought of, not all that rare, is how I learn. Most of us I think need the ideas of others to grow. Most of us, IMO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join