It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you believe is the purpose of ufos?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
....just asked where you got that 95% from is all

Well?

Its obvious she SAID "its a skeptics point of view"

Now as to purpose... once you remove the obvious balloons, meteorites, swamp gas and other things, of the sightings that are left

80%ish are CRITTERS Plasma life forms that have always been here but are yet to be caught and identified. These would be the glowing orbs and lights seen flitting about the skies aimlessly. Their purpose is to exist... they are curious and harmless but their presence can set off electronic bells and whistles

15%ish are our own black ops craft... their purpose is to create stealth aircraft to kill people

5%ish are the true visitors that pop in from time to time like in the 50's when we had all those Venusian visitors. Their purpose is mixed... the Venusians were friendly and wanted to teach us... There hasn't been a good recent visit from any off worlders... that is why the whole field of UFOlogy is currently stagnant

You may disagree with my figures
but they are based on 40 years of study

Denise Stoner, ex government agent and current head of Florida MUFON told me that in her personal estimation the CRITTERS are 50%ish....

Carry on....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Good lord.

'Inflammatory'? hardly, I was actually poking fun, take it easy, jeeezus

'Snide'?....You're the one who's being defensive.

As for the 'blue book' comment, that was just a statement of opinion and not directed at you.

Forget about it. I could'nt be arsed with this sillyness.

edit on 24-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Why does it come down to them either wanting the help us or harm us? If there was life on the moon and they saw our shuttle flying around, they would probably be asking themselves the same thing 'what are they doing?' We go there to check stuff out, see what its like, and if there WAS life, pretty sure we might be there much more often.

So they come here, fly around, and creep us out because we don't get ANYTHING about their technological abilities. We can't explain what they are doing or how they do it so it comes down to 'oh they cant be real you are all crazy' or 'why don't they just come talk to us and share their knowledge?' We can't even handle the technology we have now, we create viruses and diseases and such, and weapons and forms of energy that cause extreme harm to not only ourselves, but the planet.

The 'aliens' come to check things out, they found a planet there is life on, and probably were happy about finding it, just like we'd be if we had found them first.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Among many things...

It's funny that when we humans want a soil sample, we send little robots to do it because sending an actual person is a huge unnecessary waste of resources. And presumably if you're going to send somebody to get a sample, then you're going to bring those people back, so why send a relatively huge machine along to what... analyze the sample on the spot?

This is another example of "aliens" doing weird, strange crap that makes no logical sense. Note that I'm not saying it didn't happen. But you have to wonder why they would do such things. What is the real purpose? Another example: jamming a huge needle into Betty Hill's abdomen as a "pregnancy test." Even us dopey humans can tell if a woman is pregnant with a little urine or saliva sample. Why do aliens sometimes do things that are so crude and obvious and illogical?

My total guess is that it was to put on a show for the witness. To convey an idea or put a thought in the witnesses mind, or perhaps act out something already in the mind of the witness. The most important purpose of aliens and UFOs is apparently to manipulate how we think. And my personal guess as to why they would do such a thing is to allow them to kind of "bootstrap" themselves into our reality and existence. They want to exist. How can they do that? By having us perceive them in a way we comprehend as real.

Pretty tricky.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
Many people have witnessed the strange events in the sky as well as snapped pictures and recorded videos but does anyone ever think about the purpose of a ufo. Could the other beings be here to harm us, help us or do nothing at all but study us and complete their own studies? What do you think their purpose is?

www.scottmandelker.com...

www.thelightside.org...
edit on 23-4-2012 by demonologist842012 because: (no reason given)

If they were here to harm us, we would notice. Watch "Independence Day".

If they were here to make contact, we would notice this pretty quickly as well.

So this leaves us with: they are here to study us without disturbing our society too much. Kinda like our scientists study the chimps in the wild.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They are like cruise ships or buses taking aliens to the zoo (Earth). We have germs and we are stupider so they make no effort at contact. Or you could say they are scientists on a DNA collecting mission. Who knows?
I personally would love to go on a short trip to see other planets for the pure curiosity of it. Maybe hovering UFOs are video taping things for their data base of information. Why does everything and everyone have to be violent and evil? I have traveled to other places and just had sheer joy just seeing new things in a very peaceful way.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Tourists? Graduate students? Could be anything!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries
Graduate students?

There ya go
That explains the annual cow mutilations and all the abductions and probings...

Just like we Earth kids dissected frogs in biology class so too are these galactic students experimenting on cattle and humans...

and every year there is a new graduating class doing it all over again

Alien Exobiology 101 and if your human specimen dies you fail

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I forgot to mention war watching. Earth might be the only planet in the sector where folks and come and watch and even enjoy the thrill of taking artillery fire.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I believe they are used to transport aliens from their planet to other planets.....

Maybe they are used to heat up hot pockets as well.... I hope its the first one.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by greyer
Among many things...

It's funny that when we humans want a soil sample, we send little robots to do it because sending an actual person is a huge unnecessary waste of resources. And presumably if you're going to send somebody to get a sample, then you're going to bring those people back, so why send a relatively huge machine along to what... analyze the sample on the spot?

This is another example of "aliens" doing weird, strange crap that makes no logical sense. Note that I'm not saying it didn't happen. But you have to wonder why they would do such things. What is the real purpose? Another example: jamming a huge needle into Betty Hill's abdomen as a "pregnancy test." Even us dopey humans can tell if a woman is pregnant with a little urine or saliva sample. Why do aliens sometimes do things that are so crude and obvious and illogical?

You're assuming things about the purpose and technology of the aliens and deciding that they aren't real physical aliens in physical spacecraft. For example, you're assuming that it's significantly more costly for the aliens to bring the machine to the soil instead of bringing the soil to the machine. Maybe they need to sample a ton of soil but they don't want to leave a big hole in somebody's yard...

The inter-dimensional/demonic/blah blah explanation is just an easy way out. It's exactly what our ancestors did when they ascribed earthquakes and bad weather to an angry god.
edit on 25-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I believe the UFO's we are seeing now Triangles,orbs.fireballs etc are coming off a biosphere located in the milky way?..they are out there on a mission of peace..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

My total guess is that it was to put on a show for the witness. To convey an idea or put a thought in the witnesses mind, or perhaps act out something already in the mind of the witness. The most important purpose of aliens and UFOs is apparently to manipulate how we think. And my personal guess as to why they would do such a thing is to allow them to kind of "bootstrap" themselves into our reality and existence. They want to exist. How can they do that? By having us perceive them in a way we comprehend as real.

Pretty tricky.

I agree with cloudyday that it could be a multifunctional device giving them large amounts of soil through a small tube inserted deep underground, or something different than we can imagine. I would think that a superior technology would be able to beam down the physical devices like teleportation, making them appear and seem like magic.

The greys are not robots, but they could have been 'created' by a race of aliens, maybe similar to them. Notice how the Hill aliens look different than any alien described before, there was one grey reported there, and not a tall one. The logical conclusion is the Hill aliens are a hybrid species. In a grey abduction there is normally around 4 greys and one seperate alien who is taller, and sometimes more green, meaning one grey is needed to supervise the hybrids and one real alien is needed to supervise the greys. In regards with your question as to their motives in the Hill abduction, they were not particularly truthful beings.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think it all depends on what the UFO in question really is. Is it our own kind, just unknown to the public? Is it alien or extra dimensional? Is it just some unknown phenomenon? IMO, any of those are a possibility. It also has a lot to do with the actions of said UFO. It could have a number of purposes depending on its actions, maneuvers, and who it belongs to. A number of purposes have crossed my mind, some of which may have already been mentioned. In studying reports and videos, I've noticed:
- "They" seem to be keeping any eye on we the people. I think its most logical to assume some of the UFOs are from our own government. A lot of reports seem to fit in with the way our government conducts tests and experiments. Maybe other beings have an interest in us in this way too.
- "They" seem to be observing and studying the earths environment, flora, fauna, humans, in general, and human activities. IMO, aliens or extra dimensional beings could be the 'most logical' of conclusions when some reports and videos are taken into account. Abduction, probing, implanting, taking samples, mutilations, and maybe some disappearances fall into this 'purpose'.
- "They" also seem to be studying the geological make up of the earth, in certain areas, and the reasons for which are numerous. The crafts conducting this type of activity could be our own, alien, or extra dimensional. If it's the later two, maybe they are in search of water, minerals, precious metals, or other useful elements. I can't imagine why they would do this here, on Earth. Surely a source of anything they needed could be found much closer to where they originated. Unless they didn't come here for the resources, but needed some once they arrived. I've also wondered if they are scanning the ground. Maybe in search of these resources, or looking for a solid place to land a giant, heavy craft.
I sure hope thats not the case. If you think of invasion scenarios, it only makes sense to do a lot of recon before invading. I assume if 'they' are in fact ET/ED they would be very logical and would take every step to ensure their success in this.
- "They" could also be unknown and unfathomed phenomenon or even "plasma creatures". We have no real way of finding out their purpose. The more we observe, the more we can conclude but at best, we will still be guessing until their real purpose and motives are revealed. Different reports and videos suggest to me that any of the above 'purposes' are possible. I'm sure in some case a particular UFO may serve multiple purposes.
Kind of like a Recreational vehicle may serve many purposes for a family. I think some UFOs may be a total package. Everything they need, packaged into one mode of transportation.
Its a good question no matter what the answers really are. S+F

TXML

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

What do you believe is the purpose of ufos?

Wow this is so easy.
UFOs, or Teslaships as I like to call them, are flown to remind the elite that free energy
is at hand to be released at the whim of the controllers to take all their ill gotten funds
in a matter of seconds.

The UFO controllers must still have remnants of the original crew from Germany of course that
did in such investigators perhaps as Forestall and William Reich and put an end to any
independent free energy project. For all we know the UFO development card was played by
Hitler to spare his life. That means a lot power might still remain in the party of conquest.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by demonologist842012

What's the purpose of UFOs?

Obviously a method of propulsion, right? What's the purpose of your car?

If you wanna talk about motives, here's what I think: who knows?

I personally go with the 'soul-harvesting, baby-eating, cattle-mutilating, anal-probing' theory, whatever that may be.

I like this little bird. He makes me laugh.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mahajohn

We keep close tabs on Iran, China, North Korea, Russia, etc. because it's both wise to do so, and because they represent threats of one order or another.

....Humm ! It is this site just pro-USA? Or most of members are only american?
This is only my second post on this site but I've been reading many pages of different topics.
I wonder why no one reacted to this weird sentence. In this case is like you are claiming that USA is there to keep this world in peace (?) or you are giving too much credit to certain 'threats' coming from those countries ( It might be right only for North Korea, maybe! ). Let me tell you something, please do not keep trusting what you heard or saw in the mainstream news. At this point, and I'm quite sure about it as I live out of the western world for more then a decade now, and witnessing what happening out of it. China is a peaceful society with hight wisdom behaviors compare America and I never saw anywhere a single gun or violence in this Great Country. American is NO 1 for private ownership of guns and rifles. American governemt is one of the most corrupted and agressive in the entire Earth... Since after the WWII, USA has been involved in more than 60 wars. They even took more than 100 nazi scientist to help developing rockets and weapons. Then by the very occulted affairs as Watergate, JFK and co. murders, UFO cover-up, etc....They keep most of their own cityzen ignorant. But yet, I don't unappreciate american ppl but their governemt ( And I don't think we need to call them Illuminaty or Sionist Secret gvmt or whatever ), to be fair.
Althought, all of this may be related with the OP, at the case USA was the first to get the nuclear bomb, then the cold war occur with the result of massive nuclear weaponery spreading very fast in the last decades all around the world ( Now is more then 50,000 pieces!!)...with this been said, the dark side ( USA governemt) may have attracted malevolent ETs and freaked out the benevolent. That can explain why so much sightings above nuclear plants and army bases have been reported since the 2nd worldwar... And for before WWII era we can think what documentaries like 'Ancient Aliens' try to explain can be a big part of reality.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I for one believe that UFOs are not just our space brothers. Its impossible to believe that they are just visiting our planet with nuts and bolts spacecrafts from different star systems. There is certainly a psychological pattern or social altering behaviors maintained by these crafts. What would an advanced alien species want to do with a planet like Earth? There are lots of holes in the space alien theory that fails to hold up.

I think it is a mechanism to make us delve deeper into the reality that we live in. They are 'alien' in nature but certainly more than just space-people. They are trying to make us more involved as a species. They are trying to enforce a new world reality and a paradigm shift among the populace. And when things tend to go wrong within ourselves, they often intervene and put up a show in the sky..and then we will be preoccupied with a sighting for years. Got the point? They are changing the face of this society. 50 years from now, we would have a different opinion on UFOs.

When we find out that UFOs are something else entirely, we are in for a shock

edit on 3-5-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Of course, ever since Betty and Barney Hill saw a UFO glide by the moon, come down from space, and follow them for almost an hour. It turns out that a psychologist famed for helping people deal with their personal issues calmed the Hills down at one point just enough to clear the vail of subconscious departmentalization. They started bringing up a detailed story which matched each others behind closed doors. So now the world though this couple was nothing more than a hoax, but it was so sincere and didn't seem like a hoax at all based on their testimony, I'm not sure if a lie detector was used in this case but many other cases it was.

Budd Hopkins was interested in this case, and he ended up making himself a source for people to contact him with experiences like this. Soon he discovered 300 cases which all matched each other with events and similarity, that women were impregnated for a couple months by the occupants of UFOs, then the aliens raised the babies. Around the same time a reporter named Linda Howe came across the fact that law enforcement in Colorado and whole communities thought little green men were coming down and taking the sex organs from cattle. There were a lot of odd mysterious events that led them to believe, I don't see how it could have been done with advanced mind control technology.
edit on 3-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Don't you think the analyst told the Hills what they saw.
And the analyst told both the same thing.

The Hills had no idea they saw anything and were suffering from fatigue from a
trip or long drive which if followed by a saucer surely did get disturbed like a
Mr William Reich did at one time from saucer over his house thus a true cause
and effect. The Hills were set up if anything and not even a thing had to happen
to them especially with no witnesses.

Travis Walton had to have two saucer rides.
Witnesses left him on the ground as a saucer landed and he said he was at
a base of saucers of different types.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join