It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: I Wish [Poor] Would Earn More So They Could Pay More [Taxes]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

As reported by the Daily Caller During House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) weekly address to the press, she was asked by a reporter about the percentage of Americans who do not qualify for and pay no income taxes. Pelosi said that it is a myth because low wage earners pay payroll or sales taxes, but she stressed that she wishes “they would earn more so they could pay more.”

www.mediaite.com...

The true face of liberalism

“They do pay taxes. They pay payroll taxes. And this is a tactic that the other side uses to make it sound as if these people are not paying taxes. They are paying taxes. They do have skin in the game. And I think that that should be respected,” said Pelosi

Typical straw man response when you sit there and call for raising taxes of people who ARE PAYING income taxes ONTOP over everything else.

Payroll roll taxes is not the same as Federal income taxes nor is it the same as State and Local taxes nor is it the same as Capital gains taxes.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
payroll tax is straight up theft.

they don't trust someone making $30-$40 thousand a year to come back at the end of the year and pay what they owe, unlike the owners and corporations.

it's not even about trust. most people on payroll tax can barely scrape buy that any extra money would be used to make ends meet, leaving nothing to give at the end of the year.

imagine that. that the government knows you're barely getting by that they have to take their cut before you spend it on electricity, instead of trying to fix the problem/

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
/facepalm

How do you even respond to the headline?
Maybe if you gave more kids a chance to get college educations you'd have more people earning more.
Therefore getting better jobs. Therefore paying more in taxes.

Gutting our education system is a sure way of making the poor earn even less.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just think of all the taxes in place now! Enough with these taxes already. Now I'm starting to understand why the American Revolution began. How many taxes did they have? Will I need 2 hands to count them all? In any case, the obvious problem is the people in charge of the tax dollars. They clearly are corrupt and misspend, or flat out steal, tax dollars keeping America in serious debt with no way out while their only solution is more debt. They're the problem, not the amount of $$ rolling into their coffers. But of course, they won't be looking to themselves (save a few, Ron Paul 2012) as the problem. Their only solution is always more taxes, higher taxes.... dee dee dee. It's so blatantly stupid you wonder if they're for real or are they just effin' with us.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
With the power to print money and sell treasuries there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be taxed.

They blow that money anyway.
edit on 23-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So your against poor people being paid more?
You are always on here complaining about how they don't pay taxes well if they made more then they would pay taxes.

That's right let's keep them poor so they can never have a chance to have any say in anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Of course they want more taxes from us.
How else are they going to keep their fascist Corporate Wall Street embedded Government Obama-Bush-Romney ship afloat?

Don't you realize that the Corporate and Financial Criminal Heads like Bernanke, Summers, Cheney etc that turn into politicians to help their cronies are entitled to it?
edit on 23-4-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Where did i say that?

quote it no wait because i never did.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Crybabies.

This nation is full of crybabies.

Sniffle sniffle. Half of the people who whine and cry are lazy asses themselves who are lucky some of these poor workers don't take their own job for less money, but keep crying about that income tax rate. I'm sure there are some poor people out there who would be fine paying your tax rate if they made enough money to do so.

The point she was trying to get across was she wishes the poor WASN'T poor, because if they were paying income taxes it means they are making enough money to put them in that tax bracket.

Pretty simple.

edit on 23-4-2012 by MiddleClassWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And yet she says this last year

Pelosi: Obamacare Allows You to Quit Your Job and Become 'Whatever'

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Obamacare facilitates the type of “liberation” that the “Founders had in mind” because it allows you to quit your job and become a “photographer,” a “writer,” a “musician”--or “whatever.”

“As you hear from these stories, this is a liberation,” Pelosi said at a Capitol Hill news conference Thursday.

“This is what our founders had in mind--ever expanding opportunity for people.

“You want to be a photographer or a writer or a musician, whatever -- an artist, you want to be self-employed, if you want to start a business, you want to change jobs, you no longer are prohibited from doing that because you can’t have access to health care, especially because you do not want to put your family at risk,” she said.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The biggest problem I have is with the poor and the so called "non-taxable" charitable organizations. They pay no property taxes. People who live in the city are burdened with property taxes due to federal housing and charitable organizations who are declared non-taxable.

There are too many properties taken off the tax roles because of federal housing programs, churches, hospitals and other organizations feel they shouldn't have to pay property taxes. Although, they receive the same city services if their churches should catch on fire, their roads are plowed and paved, and they use the same or even more city water than the average resident. Yet they can add on to their buildings and receive no increase in their property taxes like the average home owner.

The majority of the poor continue to have large families despite them paying no school taxes. How is that fair for everyone else? Maybe if school taxes were increased depending upon how many children you have, and they were required to pay, maybe school districts around the country wouldn't be so strapped for cash and property taxes would decrease for those hard working families.

Why should the elderly still have to pay school taxes when they no longer have school aged children?

I believe we need social programs for those who really need help, but our social programs are causing able working Americans to become lazy and live off the system. There are no checks and balances in place. No watchdog groups that manage who really is in need and who is taking advantage of the system. We have parents labeling their children mentally disabled to get federal-aid, even though they really have no mental disabilities.

To give people food stamps and than allow them to purchase soda, candy, ice cream, cookies, lobster, and other non-essential food is totally ridiculous! Yet they're not allowed to use the same food stamps to buy laundry detergent, soap, shampoo and other essential hygiene products.

Who pays when the city, state and federal governments spend it's money like there's no tomorrow? Us hardworking people and those that worked hard to own a home.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why do they allow this woman to walk around alone. This woman needs a keeper. Everytime she opens up her mouth she is a blithering fool. I am sure who ever is behind her being there doesn't care that she is brain dead. As long as she keeps introducing and voting the way that will keep the money flowing in their pockets. Are her constituents actually as insane as she is or another case of vote fraud?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I wish I was able to make more money and pay more taxes.
What is the problem?
You want to make less money?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

“You want to be a photographer or a writer or a musician, whatever -- an artist, you want to be self-employed, if you want to start a business, you want to change jobs, you no longer are prohibited from doing that because you can’t have access to health care, especially because you do not want to put your family at risk,” she said.

This doesn't have anything to do with being poor. This is about not being afraid to switch work professions or jobs because you are afraid you'll lose health coverage.

Nice job turning it into something it wasn't though. Awesomeness.

Now excuse me while I vote GOP across the board so they can save America.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

I wish I was able to make more money and pay more taxes. What is the problem? You want to make less money?

Me too.
I'll gladly pay 90 percent in taxes if i earned a billion a year.
I'd gladly pay 50 percent if i earned 100k a year. Still would be doing better than I am now.

Regardless, the naysayers don't see it that way. They like to blame those who are less fortunate than them for all the world's ills. It's all backwards with them. They think the less fortunate should contribute more and the most fortunate should contribute less.

edit on 23-4-2012 by MiddleClassWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Who knew so many people just love to pay taxes

Really wow corporate bailouts, the solyndras, the gm volts etc foreign aid to isreal and Eygpt etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Who knew so many people just love to pay taxes

Who said they loved to pay taxes?

Really wow corporate bailouts, the solyndras, the gm volts etc foreign aid to isreal and Eygpt etc.

Who said anything about any of that?
War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, plans to bomb Iran.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish I was able to make more money and pay more taxes. What is the problem? You want to make less money?

Me too. I'll gladly pay 90 percent in taxes if i earned a billion a year. I'd gladly pay 50 percent if i earned 100k a year. Still would be doing better than I am now.

Where does tax money go?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan, plans to bomb Iran.

Obama the WARMONGER is a busy President,hey ?

Thanks for reminding me WHY he shouldn't get 4 more years........

And Nancy Pelosi is part of that rich 1% anyway............No wonder why I didn't see her at OWS.........

She would have to " Eat herself " !

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's all about paying taxes with progressives.

Beezzer; I wish the poor would earn more so they didn't have to live on my taxes!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join