It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For first time since Depression, more Mexicans leave U.S. than enter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

A four-decade tidal wave of Mexican immigration to the United States has receded, causing a historic shift in migration patterns as more Mexicans now leave the United States for Mexico than the other way around, according to a report from the Pew Hispanic Center.

The reason I post this is for the jobless rate in America. Will we see a trend in the US that employment rates rise? The stereotype has been that Mexicans have been taking Americans jobs. As an ousider (Canadian), what does the future hold for you in America? Positive or negative (within the jobless rate)?

EDIT: I have to state again that I think the best person for the job should get it regardless of any outside factors. Affirmitive Action should be outlawed. If you arte legal to work in the country, and are best fit for the job, you get the job. Bar none.
edit on 23-4-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
if that doesn't sum up the state of america, nothing will.

and its saying allot, that mexicans would rather go back to live in country where you have a good chance of having your head cut off by a mexican cartel, support your family on $500 pesos a month and honestly think you have a better future.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If I was younger I'd be thinking strongly about hitching a ride.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I've been to Mexico on many occasions and never had anything but a great time. Friendly people and good food (but bring your own water jug
).

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hooray!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Jobs I would assume are the main reason, with the secondary reason being the harsh state level laws ( IMHO forced on the States by a Federal Government that has abdicated it's responsibilities )that have passed in several places.

Or more cynically, perhaps those that came here seeking the American Dream found it lacking. I mean hell, if your going to live in a society with vast inequalities in income, ruled by political/financial/corporate/media elite, that is endemically and systemically corrupt why not live in the one where you can speak your native tongue and you have family?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
But they took all our non-existent jobs~!@~!#~

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Trust me around Chicago it would make a difference. We have huge immigration. They have their own parts of the towns where no one speaks English.
I don't care if they are here I enjoy them being here. They are hard-workers, and fun people. My grandparents were immigrants from Sicily yet came here announced and paid the taxes and hard work to build this country. That is what built America-people from all over the world pitching in to build ann empire. They all paid taxes which made even more funding for more jobs. The people from Mexico did this to themselves. It could've never worked unless the majority of them paid taxes-to create more jobs. Billions of dollars is converted in Mexican currency all the time without ever paying a dime in taxes. So bad roads? Bad schools? Bad monetary and educational systems? Well no ***t.
Police should know if someone doesn't speak English they probably don't have a green card. Not sure. If they want to come here they should be allowed to get a card no problem-just go through the steps. Make it easier for them to get in and pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
But they took all our non-existent jobs~!@~!#~

Da tuk r juubbss!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

that's because you're not going to the areas these migrant workers are leaving from.

you've probably spent most of your time in a predominantly white, european descended mexican run towns and resorts.

middle to upper class areas, heavily guarded by the federal police and army.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Immigration problems solved!

They shoulda thought of this sooner...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Must be nice to be able to cut and run we have nowhere to go and it makes the case as to why i am anti dream act and amnesty.

Get to pick up and leave at any time? Nah not having that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How long will it takes before Americans jump into the border Into Mexico also didn't South Park did an episode about this?
edit on 23-4-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by randomname

I've been to Mexico on many occasions and never had anything but a great time. Friendly people and good food (but bring your own water jug
).

, exactly, and i'm in Mexico right now and i haven't seen anything in the past 8+ years, when it happens, it happens, just like anywhere else, and it mostly happens to people involved in those matters, just like anywhere else, also, nobody lives in Mexico with $500 pesos a month, people in extreme poverty may live with 300/400 a week, but for a normal person, the least you can expect to spend a month goes from 500 to 1000 dollars, depending on where and how you live, most professional beginners earn at least a thousand a month, with a good number of them making 2000 or so, money lasts longer here, and if you get paid by someone on the US (you still work for a US company but live in Mexico) you spend a LOT less for a good lifestyle, those savings start growing fast without missing anything good from life

Beer is cheap!
, one XX Lager costs from 80 cents to 1 dollar, most beers have a similar price. Heineken is about 2 dollars.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
First time i ever heard of Mexicans not wanting to come to the U.S. You know it's bad when they rather stay in Mexico. Well, looks like all the green grass in america doesn't seem so green when you get closer to the fence these days.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by frazzle

that's because you're not going to the areas these migrant workers are leaving from.

you've probably spent most of your time in a predominantly white, european descended mexican run towns and resorts.

Well, I never did go to any ritzy resorts, but most of the killings and beheadings are taking place in the heavily policed border towns. Heck, the police down there worry me more than the poor people ever did.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ahh but it won't be long before Mexico will close down their borders from illegal AMERICAN immigrants

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Da tuk r juubbss!!!

That just killed me
I mean it's understandable I guess, jobs are getting harder and harder to find, (as they have been for some time). I'm nervous because i graduate college in May and i'm not sure what i'll be doing
Can't expect the rents to support me forever

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by frazzle

No, trust me, there is no "heavily guarded" places, out there you are on your own
, if your a commoner that is, otherwise yes there are some places like that, but that's not for the public.

There are poor people, yes, tons and tons of them, but that's not because they don't have a way to make money, that's because they are scared to make it, otherwise lands stolen, or simply have lost all desire to work for it (hard work in the land) for the ones that stay and work their land, i've seen people with more luxuries than a middle class family, living in their ranchs and away from the world, they don't care about the 'world out there', they live a simple life, but they have a lot more than most people think, they just don't show it too much.

The main problem in Mexico is that the government has sucked out the money from decades, simply refusing to buy the product unless it is at a impossible price, driving farms bankrupt, then they buy and start exporting at a good price, things like that, its all part of the corruption, you either get bought, or die, or go bankrupt, then have to sale at a ridiculous price, then go to the US because you don't have where to live and the money you got will only be good for a couple years, and you don't know any other job you can do here.

Otherwise Mexico has the resources to be a major player in the world economy, but of course that won't happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join