Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Russian Stock Market Closed Indefinitely

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It has been recognised as an emergency. No further details.

12160.info...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Oops, wrong catagory. Could someone please relocate this thread to the right zone? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not a single mention of it here in any Russian related news

www.newsnow.co.uk...

I do not believe this has happened and also why would it happen in the middle of the night in Russia, surely the news would break at market opening time?

This is a hoax I think.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No mention of it on the MSM, therefore I'm calling this one a hoax until provided a better source.

The MSM would be on this like flies on honey. It'd be an opportunity to scare monger, it'd sell newspapers and get clicks -- hoax.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I hope so! I couldn't find it anywhere else, either. Who would put out a story like this if not factual?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I hope so! I couldn't find it anywhere else, either. Who would put out a story like this if not factual?

You'd be surprised.. Some people just are just "Faal"-ures with nothing better to do then stir up fear.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is relevant.
MICEX

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Many would. Some for the lulz, others just to scare monger or draw attention to their website. Happens all the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just checked RT news to see if they have anything on this...

They are Off Air!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Probably a computer generated hoax. Computers today may generate articles according to the interests of the readers or users. May be this is the source:
Usatoday
edit on 23-4-2012 by darkl0rd because: link edited

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Zerohedge Link

Well, there's a link from Zero Hedge. I don't know about the MSM or anything, but I know they're usually fairly decent. A little bit on the scaremonger side sometimes, but usually fairly okay.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah they are a few links around from a couple of sources that I would say are legit. I also just saw the whole of the Dutch cabinet has resigned. Wonder what is going to happen, seams like the world is going crazy.

Link

Even better source, it looks like its real.

Reuters

And here is the link for the stock exchange.

Link

Fasten your seatbelts... This is going to be annoying for all of us who have Money in Stock's and Share's.
edit on 23-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Yes, I think it does, I found the same thing on Bloomberg saying Micex had been closed temporarily on a technicality. The report I posted said it had been temporary at first and then made indefinite, still on a technicality, whatever that means.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Maybe someone can call the number shown, on that page, for the Public Relations Department? - (495) 363-3232

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sostratus

I checked RT before I posted this thread and it was working fine, but nothing about the stock market.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I found it on Zero Hedge, as well, but I don't know anything about their reliability. Things like this go viral before the paperwork is done.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Lol, I'm not calling, but I checked the area code and it is Russian.

www.happyzebra.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not a hoax, see rts.micex.ru... Looks like stocks have been plunging - they've done this before, to protect them from going any further I think. Fasten safety belts.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

And I was feeling pretty silly for posting a hoax. Guess it isn't. All the markets are taking a hit. There won't be any coming back from it one of these days. Good time to "invest" in crash helmets.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Bloomberg is pretty MSM. Their version of the story is less alarmist than Zerohedge, which is par for the course. Who do you trust? A MSM source that is run and controlled by the establishment, who may have an interest in keeping this from generating into open knowledge without at first taking care of what they have to? Or a site that, while independent and a great alternative source, tends toward alarmism?
Tough to say. Guess we'll see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution