It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmares And Spirits A Little Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
im at a point right now where im scared to sleep, Im not exactly sure what is going on so ill explain the best way i can and hope for some opinions on the matter or what i can do.

For the past 3 years ive been having dreams about a man, i never see his face, he is more like a tall shadow, but he gives me a bad feeling. The dreams have never terrified me until this past week, i passed out on wednesday night at or around 2:30am. i dreamt about the man, except i didnt see him , i felt him. in my dream my mom was passed out on the couch and i was trying to sleep on the chair next to her, i heard a voice so i pulled the sheet over my head (i feel safer covered up). and Then i felt the man sit on top of me, i felt his hands ontop of mine on the armrest, i yelled my moms name (im 21 and havent yelled for my mother since i was little) and he jumped up very fast, i could feel the pressure of his hands on mine. and then i woke up, it was 3:42am and i didnt fall back asleep till 5.
I dream about this man at least 3 times a month, and i always remember the dreams vividly, ive even talked to people while i was asleep about him. Im Just Tired Of having these nightmares... Also forgot to mention that i have a feeling he isnt alive, in my dream when he sat on me i could feel his weight but he was just a shadow

Now im currently house sitting for my grandmother. I loved her house 4 months ago and now i dont like being alone here. I could be going crazy, who knows but all i can say is i heard a voice , a few weeks ago while i was walking down the hall, i heard a womans voice whispering in my ear behind me, i couldnt understand a thing she said though.. now i tried being logical , you know , someone outside , maybe the dog... but it still freaked me out.

Anyways this all may seam like nothing , just me having nightmares, but its gone on forever and it gets worse as the months pass. When i was younger i used to "see" things up until i was 14 years old but that could have easily been my imagination. The Last Time I really "seen" something I was 14 and seen the reflection of a man sitting behind me in the tv at my friends house and even explained what he was wearing to her, she showed me a picture of her father and i knew it was him.

I Have lots of strange things happening all the time and not really anyone to talk to about it, but i figured this was a good place to post about it and see what people think or if anyone knows what this nightmare could be about.

Criticism is welcome, Everyone has a right to their own opinion and i appreciate all the help i can get , Just Try Not To Be Rude Please
edit on 23-4-2012 by xZombiexLovex because: forgot to mention

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xZombiexLovex

The man. Has he curly hair? Even if shadowed you should be able to see the hair. When the hand touched did you petrify?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

he either has very short hair or is bald, the minute i felt him come into contact with me i was scared, he never touched me in dreams before until now and i think thats why it freaked me out

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sensitive question, but were you molested or abused as a child?

Have you ever heard about sleep paralysis? Sometimes people will describe the feeling of someone sitting on their chests. Research "old hag" and you'll find a lot of info.

Have you undergone any major changes in your life? Moving, relationships, careers....even positive stress can cause anxiety.

If you continue to have problems, perhaps see a doctor just to be safe.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I had a pretty good childhood, and i dont have much stress right now except for these nightmares. i was raped when i was 17 and only finished the court thing last year.

and yes i heard about sleep paralysis, i came across it the other day when i was googling about my dream. it could be a possibility . once i woke up from the dream i was fine , and the feeling of being scared was gone but i didnt really want to go back to sleep haha

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Sensitive question, but were you molested or abused as a child?

This.

People who describe what you're describing generally have a history of childhood abuse, whether it be physical, emotional, verbal, or most commonly: sexual. Hoping that's not the case.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZombiexLovex
reply to post by emberscott

he either has very short hair or is bald, the minute i felt him come into contact with me i was scared, he never touched me in dreams before until now and i think thats why it freaked me out

Never be afraid. Never let the hands touch you. And fight to the last.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Off hand if you want no part of contact in spirit...

Then concentrate on seeing the beauty and joy in the things in your life...

It keeps them out (at least the bad ones), and the knowledge that people as a rule have dominace over any spiritual thing being solid and all...its all intention from there..

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZombiexLovex
reply to post by smyleegrl

I had a pretty good childhood, and i dont have much stress right now except for these nightmares. i was raped when i was 17 and only finished the court thing last year.

and yes i heard about sleep paralysis, i came across it the other day when i was googling about my dream. it could be a possibility . once i woke up from the dream i was fine , and the feeling of being scared was gone but i didnt really want to go back to sleep haha

I'm thinking it's related to your rape incident.

As a rape survivor myself, I've been plagued with night terrors and anxiety attacks. Took me a year of therapy before I even saw the connection.

See a counsler, if you can. And if you ever need to talk to someone who's been there just u2u me.

Best wishes and hugs

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree with others that it may be a repressed memory of abuse. Its something to research anyway. Always rule out non-paranormal before jumping to ghosts and demons right away, it'll make you paranoid after a while haha

But you touched on something that may be more plausible. You heard a woman's voice at your grandma's house. You had nightmares about the same guy and got terrified when he touched you. You also said you could of possibly been seeing things until you were 14.

That to me makes me think that part of you may be opening back up and this terrifying experience with this shadowy figure could be the catalyst that could be forcing that side of you to wake up. I had a similar thing happen to me. It woke me up alright, but when it did, i embraced it so i could learn to control it. Now i can't say this is whats happening because I'm not you. But it may be something to think about. If you feel like this could be it, send me a U2U and I'll try the best i can to give you some tips on controlling it if that's what you like.

But toss it all around a little, see what feels right first, trust your gut instincts on this one. Good Luck

edit on 23-4-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

A paranormal investigative group based out of Virginia was able to help a young boy who had a situation similar to yours. He had recurring nightmares, felt scared, felt observed, etc. They conducted electro-magnetic field and electro-static field sweeps of his room and discovered that his bed was placed in the location inside the room that had the highest concentration of EMF and ESF readings.

It is scientifically proven that these fields (along with wireless (wifi)) emissions can have effects on human physiology. This paranormal investigation team does not charge for their services, and is staffed by people already associated with emergency service responders and firemen. They are there to help people who have no other resource.

After discovering what might be causing these symptoms, the team recommended either relocating the child to another room or moving his bed to an area in the room where the levels were lower. This improved his situation almost immediately.

You may want to consider or determine how close the house is to underground or above-ground electrical wiring. High levels of electricity from these sources can have negative impacts upon our physiology. Also, if you have a wireless router (wifi), those emissions have not been studied and the effects of constant exposure to that electromagnetic radiation upon us have not been fully determined.

So, 1) relocate your bed to another section of your room, or 2) relocated to another room. OR, if possible, move to another loation. Just some suggestions.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

It'd be easier to just do a sweep of the room/house with an EMF or a Tri-Field meter before she would need to move anything. No respectable Ghost Hunting Group would charge for the service, just my opinion
She also stated that it happened at her grandma's house as well. Its always a good idea to check the basics just to be sure though. But it did remind me that most people forget to check Carbon Dioxide levels and for Radon levels also, which can cause similar sensations.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Hi, i found this site a few weeks ago and your post was the first that made me want to sign up and post. I've had similar experiences to you off and on my whole life, usually it's worse when I'm stressed or tired. Unfortunately as I have more of these experiences the less I am able to sleep and the worse they get. I wake up almost nightly lately to see either someone standing over my bed reaching at me or running across the room at me. I'm awake and the people look so real, That i often wonder if it's night terrors or ghosts. The people are all different, very defined and don't look like ghosts? Sometimes males sometimes old women, a few times I've even seen children. I like you always scream then go under covers, people have said to try to speak to them but I'm always terrified. Any ideas as to how to stop this or what's going on would be welcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I know this may sound crazy to some people, it does me to me too. My son who is 7 had a bad man in his dreams from the time he was 2 until just last fall. My sister is more, um, New Age than I am, and she did some "work" as she called it on him. She came to the conclusion that the spirit was attached to my husband's family, and attached to him. Whatever "work" she did, worked. He has not dreamed about him since. If you want me to see if she can help you, let me know. Like I said, I don't know what it is, but it is worth a try.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

not sure if i can help over the internet lol never tryrd have some ways that may help but dont wish to put out to the world, dont know how to talk to u in privet, if at all interested get back to me

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
reply to post by GhostLancer

It'd be easier to just do a sweep of the room/house with an EMF or a Tri-Field meter before she would need to move anything. No respectable Ghost Hunting Group would charge for the service, just my opinion
She also stated that it happened at her grandma's house as well. Its always a good idea to check the basics just to be sure though. But it did remind me that most people forget to check Carbon Dioxide levels and for Radon levels also, which can cause similar sensations.

Very well said. And, yes, I agree, no respectable "ghost hunting" group wold charge. The group I went with made it a point NOT to charge or even mention compensation. They do it because they are already people who are community and volunteer-minded, being of the fire/rescue/EMS types for careers. In fact, in serving the community in this way, they stumbled across people with very interesting experiences to relate. This brought them to the realization that "weird stuff is happening all around us." They formed the group because they are curious and want to help. I commend them.

The reason I suggested moving locations to see what happened is because most people don't have EMF detectors (and other equipment). Short of doing the sweeps for the lack of equipment, rearranging the room or switching rooms might be a QUICK way of taking some form of ACTION to test the theory that EMF/ESF might be the cause. For instance, you could take readings, determing energy spikes and then rearrange. OR, you could just rearrange and see if it helps.

There could be other causes, too. LEY LINES, for instance. And, really, we have no way to know unless we map *suspected* ley line trajectories and see if both homes fall on a ley line (mystical energy lines that ancient monuments seem to fall on). Both homes might have old wiring. Both homes might be on a ley line. Both homes might have EMF/ESF concentrations or wifi routers. Both homes might be in the vicinity of a location with higher than usual geo-magnetism. There are countless possibilities. Also, the lady might just be SENSITIVE to certain energies. Different people are sensitive to different things. It's not a far stretch that some of us might be sensitive to energies science hasn't fully recognized yet.

But, yes... more information on the particulars of the family, locations, history would be needed to really investigate this. There's little chance of success with an "email" or ATS "posting" investigation. From my experience, and by no means is it all inclusive, these kinds of things have been tied to personal history, trouble in the family, or the troubled history of a house (and/or the ground it is built upon). American top soil is drenched with the blood of conflict. Almost every part of settled America is soaked in the blood of past conflict and murder. It is no wonder the entire country is haunted (this, also, is not local to just America; the rest of the world is pretty much there too, except for newer locations like the volcanic islands of Hawaii --and even they have their ghosts--).

I would start by just moving furniture, switching rooms or moving out (if possible). If rearranging doesn't change anything after a month, then maybe contact a medium/psychic and/or paranormal investigation team that doesn't charge. I happen to believe that personal willpower can also play a large factor in conquering "bad energy" around us. Further, I don't believe that "ghosts" can harm us, but they can motivate people to take actions that can harm themselves. So, BE CAREFUL. They can't hurt you, but they can convince YOU to hurt you.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think it's most likely related to your court case.
Even when you think you aren't particularly stressed it plays with you while you sleep, or try to, or at times when you are awake and alone.
Sometimes I wake up and my bedroom is as busy as high street.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
thanks for everyone giving me their opinions on the matter .

im not ruling anything out at this point, ill try to answer to everyone in this post though.....

i guess i should give a little more background about myself....

this man has been in my dreams since i was 14 or 15, the rape incident happened 3 days before my 17th birthday at my own party in my own house, which could explain how i get awkward feelings about being alone in the places i live, but i dont think this man represents what happened to me, since ive been seeing him since before then. Everytime i dream about him i end up talking in my sleep,
like 4 months back when i dreamt about the man i sat upright in bed (in my dream i was face to face with him) and my bf asked me what i was doing , i said "theres a man in here" of course he said no their wasnt and i said "yes hes looking at me" .. and then the other night when the man sat on me i shouted my moms name 3 times.

When i was younger i seen strange things and i was open about it to my family but they chalked it up to a childs imagination, my younger brother (5 years younger) had a "man" named bob follow him around as a child , who used to scare him, but again that could be imagination.

Now onto my grandmas house , i just have this strange feeling here like im not safe, which could lead back to the rape thing, but i know i heard a womans voice , it was a low whisper but not something i could make out.

i live in a small town in saskatchewan canada , and pretty much all the buildings here are from the 1920's or older, with underground tunnels throught the town. the house my grandma just bought was built in the 60's, lots of copper piping in the basement which is where my room in her house is located, ive been living in sask for 4 years now and before this i lived in vancouver BC . i have no idea if that could mean anything but i just wanted to add a little info about where i live.

edit on 24-4-2012 by xZombiexLovex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
just a bit of an update since its been over a year or so now.

Im at my grandmas again, been here for a good 4 months now, her husband works out of town (its why I house sit here). And the dreams have started again but the man i usually see hasnt made any appearances.

Dream #1
I had a dream about 2 maybe 2 and a half months ago (all my dreams get written down) , in the dream, I was in my grandmas basement and the door dividing the laundry room and living room was shut, it has a small window in it , so i could see into the laundry area, it was dark and i just stood there looking through the window, 3 people a woman and 2 men , slowly walked past the window, and each one turned to look in my direction. I knew they were not living people , i dont know how, but in most dreams i have like this there is a voice that says they are dead.
I dont recall what the men looked liked but I can still remember the woman clear as day, she had red Curly hair, not really ginger/orange color but more on the border of Auburn and a deep red, and the curls in her hair were tight, small kink like curls, I dont really know how to explain it lol. She was fair skinned , really pretty, she didnt seem menacing , just curious. The dream scared me only because I knew they were dead and they seen me. I woke up after They passed the window.

Dream #2

this dream was July 3rd.
My dreams sometimes jump around, one minute imdreaming about random nothingness and the next minute im at an old Train station, everything was a dull sepia tone. I dont see anyone around, the station seams deserted. I start to walk past a brick building where people get their tickets for the train, theres old posters and papers on the outside walls, I get to the ticket window and there is a thin, bald , dark skinned man in an old suit in the window, he looks sad and just stares at me and i just walk right by him and keep going . Then I Wake up.
and again I knew he wasnt alive.

I seam to be having dreams about ghosts a lot lately being back in my grandmas house, now Im not sure if they are actually REAL dead people coming to me in dreams, or if I am just dreaming about made up ghosts, its all strange. The good thing I guess though is that They are not scaring me anymore, the fact they were dead scared me a bit but once the dream ended everything seamed fine.

I could be nuts but who knows.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the update
no your not crazy lol. ghosts will comunicate with people using dreams if they realize that you can't hear them. Its happened to me a few times. Sometimes they just want their story to be heard, other times they might need help. But either way, be carefull and always trust your gut instincts.

new topics

top topics

join