It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Answer by OP image I created for ATS possible functionality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Great graphics, koodos for that!
Yeah, someone already beat me to it but that's what the stars are for.

I am just guessing but I would assume you got this idea from other forums where when a question gets answered on a "troubleshoot" issue it gets tagged as SOLVED

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

yeh

yehh

y

n0t?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is a goodidea...maybe it's something a moderator could use to applaud a good response in tandem with handing out points for said good point?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Great graphics, koodos for that!
Yeah, someone already beat me to it but that's what the stars are for.

I am just guessing but I would assume you got this idea from other forums where when a question gets answered on a "troubleshoot" issue it gets tagged as SOLVED

Thank you.

Actually I wrote a thread asking "Where do all these extra souls come from" www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found an answer that seemed very well rounded and I wanted to let that person know what a great job they did by answering my post. Even a 1st best 2nd best 3rd best would be cool too. I think it would make people work harder to answer a question with a little validity and be more resourceful. This would help save server space because people wouldn't post as much crap if they knew they could get a grade on their response of some degree.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yes something like that would be cool. People just post to post, but if you were rewarded for a good response-that could make threads a little more interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you were to intend to use that as the totality of the post, it would most certainly be considered by some as "Off-Topic"

Remember, we are trying to make sure each post contributes to the value of each discussion. A simple "I totally agree!" or "Thanks" is more appropriate to a chat, than a discussion thread anyway.

However, there is some promise for the satisfaction of seeing this along with a statement about why you feel this is the best answer... but remember... not everyone will agree... and the new graphic could become the opposite of what you hope it will be taken as... if you take my meaning.

Of course, this is only my opinion as a member... I expect that if you're looking for some kind of 'sanctioning' or inclusion in the make up of the website... Springer, Skeptic Overlord, and Crackeur will decide.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If you were to intend to use that as the totality of the post, it would most certainly be considered by some as "Off-Topic"

Remember, we are trying to make sure each post contributes to the value of each discussion. A simple "I totally agree!" or "Thanks" is more appropriate to a chat, than a discussion thread anyway.

However, there is some promise for the satisfaction of seeing this along with a statement about why you feel this is the best answer... but remember... not everyone will agree... and the new graphic could become the opposite of what you hope it will be taken as... if you take my meaning.

Of course, this is only my opinion as a member... I expect that if you're looking for some kind of 'sanctioning' or inclusion in the make up of the website... Springer, Skeptic Overlord, and Crackeur will decide.

Yes that would be great either way. If I can use it myself and give a description of why I think it is the best answer I wonder if I can use it?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Cool graphic, and although your intentions mean well, I think one of the downfalls of this site is too many pats on the back as it is.

I don't like the whole star/flag system. It only serves as positive reinforcement, even for some really (excuse the French) #ed up threads.

With that said, I personally don't care for the idea, as threads are created to get input from the community, and I have a feeling this would turn into another reward system for whoever fits the OPs bias.

edit on 4-24-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The image is good, but why do we need a cookie every time we post?
That's what comes to mind.
The Image looks really cool though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join