It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Cracks Down On American Nuns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I put this here because I wasn't certain where it belonged. Mods, feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

For not speaking out enough against homosexual marriage:

WASHINGTON — The Vatican has launched a crackdown on the umbrella group that represents most of America’s 55,000 Catholic nuns, saying that the group was not speaking out strongly enough against gay marriage, abortion and women’s ordination. Rome also chided the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) for sponsoring conferences that featured “a prevalence of certain radical feminist themes incompatible with the Catholic faith.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

I'm torn on this issue. At the risk of being called a homophobe and being insulted all to hell, I will say this:

I do not support discrimination and am not in opposition to homosexual marriage. BUT....

I do not support forcing Churches and religions to marry people they don't want to.

People do have a right to their beliefs, regardless of how deplorable they may be, and it's just wrong to impose one set of beliefs on another.

Homosexuals should go to churches who will marry them, and not force Churches into marrying whom they don't want to. That too, is a form of discrimination, IMHO.

Neither should churches impose their religious views onto other people who don't want them.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
LOL

"Sorry your worship, we meant to say pedophiles in our orders."

His Worship: "What?! No no, the statement was right, it was about homosexual marriage and ordained nuns. Dear god, you have some twisted ideas of what we are trying to stop here..."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well its not like

people cant get married by a justice of the peace or a captain of a ship or even from them forming their own churches which anyone can do.

Government has no right to force any religion what to do and there are other options.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This is a can of worms i do not even want to get involved with because it's already been done many times before. If gay people wanna get married, thats what justice of the peace are for.

top topics

join