It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: ACSA Predicts Details of Likely Terror Attack Before the Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The ACSA (American Computer Scientists Association) believes it has predicted the likely chain of events for a terror attack preceding the upcoming election. They believe a multi-pronged attack could occur within 1 month of the elections to allow for the media and democratic candidates to use the attack to turn the election in their favor.

acsa2000.net
As indicated in its Advances Magazine, the ACSA (www.acsa.net...) predicted on Friday September 24, 2004 what it felt were �very possible dates for Terror Attacks on Continental USA aimed specifically at altering the US Election outcome: October 6 and 7th, 2004� along with other such details. A spokesperson said ACSA expects 6 or more jetliner hijackings, ground bombings and poisonings may be launched in the days before and including October 6 and 7, initiated by a release of public information by Al Qaeda, possibly a tape authored by Bin Laden, that is yet to be aired by Al Jazeera: �a noted outlet for terrorist utilitarian messages�.

(PRWEB) September 25, 2004 - The ACSA�s �Thought Share on Terrorism� (TSoT) Team issued an elevated Terror Threat Alert to it�s 9.5 million regular and associate members today, after the study group issued a statement predicting an upcoming, election-shaking Terror Attack �with details�.

The ACSA (American Computer Scientists Association | acsa.net...) indicated it felt October 6 and 7th were very likely �Al Qaeda Profiled� days for such an attack to occur. It also stated that any such attack could be delayed to occur closer to the actual US Elections, but for the Democratic Party to seize an opportunity to try and topple the Bush Campaign, it would probably require four weeks of concerted, coordinated efforts, for it to blame Bush for the anticipated attack sufficiently to muster support for it�s failing campaign, as indicated by recent drops in support for Kerry in the polls.

ACSA felt that Al Qaeda would more likely pull off an attack sooner, on October 6 or 7, so as to give Democratic Party hopefuls more time to realize and then take advantage of the opportunity. Apparently, Al Qaeda expects the Kerry campaign to then (after such an attack) focus its efforts to use such an attack and muster support against President Bush. ACSA stated it �half expected� Kerry�s campaign to appear to be trying to appease terrorist groups so as to appeal to fearfulness in the general population by suggesting attacks will be over �if only we treat the terrorists more sensitively��.

The TSoT Team was careful to warn the public against assuming the threat was nonexistent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am often doubtful of any group who claims a political organization will use a terrorist attack to benefit them. I do however find it interesting that they forsee a time line for effecting the outcome of an election, and the use of a multi-pronged attack to acheive such an objective.

Most interesting are the list of possible targets they list, not only government facilities, but also universities and weak points in the northeastern power grid.

Related News Links:
ATS Thread - Feds Concerned About Threats

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
while the article is interesting, I find it odd that they think the terrorists will attack prior to the election in an effort to get people to vote for kerry. Everyone seems to think that another attack will result in a bush landslide. So much so that people actually think bush will order an attack disguised as a terror attack so as to insure his victory (please don't start talking about how he did the first one too, this thread isn't about that nonsense).

If the terror masterminds watch and read the news as much as everyone says they do, they should know that a terror attack before the election will force them to deal with Bush and his minions for another 4 years. Also, the group has announced they are backing Bush so any assistance in fueling the terror fears might help push bush (great, got the song in my head now) over the top.

Personally, I think another attack will come after the election, regardless of who wins. If it is Kerry, he's going to have to try and show compassion and understanding and be sensitive to the terrorists cause as he walks thru the rubble of the dead. If it's Bush, well, he'll storm thru the middle east and at that point, nobody is going to stand in his way.

What I also find odd about the article is that they have "determined" the likely targets. The Empire State Building, The Citicorp building (damn them - one is two blocks from my office, the other is two blocks from my home), the Sears Tower etc.

What kind of computer models do they need to figure that out? The Citicorp building was named as a major target, the Empire State Building is back as NYC's main symbol and the Sears Tower is, well, the Sears Tower. A giant penis in the sky is a target. Plain and simple. That aspect of their report made the rest seem a bit less ominous.

Also, the group has announced they are backing Bush so any assistance in fueling the terror fears might help push bush (great, got the song in my head now) over the top.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
hmm, who are these people? They seem rather politicized for a professional association. Very suspicious.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whoa I guess now the terrorist are going to take part of the outcome of the elections in the US.

I wonder who will benefit with a prediction like this.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
While this group does seem to be highly politicized, another interesting thing I take away from the article is how they expect that the media will largely blame Bush for being ineffective in the war on terror after such an attack. Essentially laying the table for Kerry and the DNC to step in and layout their plans for a more sensitive methodology of dealing with them.

They believe that the 30 day window to the election would allow for our 24/7 news channels to cycle through the surprise, grief, and outrage in an appropriate amount of time for the outrage to sink in and be detrimental to GWB's re-election campaign.

Oddly well thought out and contridictory to what their obvious bias would suggest would be their prefered outcome.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You can thank the limp****s in Spain for this mentality. People, this is the bottom line...Bin Laden and company want you dead. If you're not a Muslim who believes EXACTLY what they believe, they want you dead. You are an infidel and deserve to die. Your kids deserve to die. Your spouse deserves to die. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Bush wins, these guys want us dead. Kerry wins, these guys want us dead. Whomever occupies Pennsylvania Avenue will NOT deter these idiots. The decision is whether you believe President Bush or Senator Kerry to be more qualified to pick up the pieces. I have chosen to stand by our current President. If you think otherwise then good for you...this is democracy. Vote and may the majority be heard! My point is that anyone who thinks placing Senator Kerry in the White House will stop these folks from trying to kill you and those you love is naieve at best.

edited by OpenMinded for spelling error. sorry.

[edit on 9/27/2004 by OpenMinded]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The terrorists obviously do not think like me. I can imagine all the terrorists will be dead one day and then they will have to answer for every evil deed they did. I'm feel confident Satan will punish them for all eternity unless of course they are wiped out of existence. These are my thoughts to those who want all Americans to suffer or die because we live free or at least somewhat free.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The reference to ASCA sent me off on a search for more info about the organization, which seems to be not so much a real association as the alter ego of one Jack A. Shulman of Cranford, NJ, known to conspiracy theorists since at least 1997. PR Newswire is just a press release service that will distribute anything for a fee.

"ASCA" issued a "public safety alert"in October 2001 during the anthrax scare warning people not to use public telephones among other things; put out a press release in February 2002 to tell the world that smokers get lung cancer because of polonium 210 in the fertilizer; announced in March 2003 that Saddam Hussein was dead (a bit off there); issued a rambling attack on John Kerry for "election fraud" (see acsa.net...); and has endorsed George W. Bush in this year's presidential race. All of these would be rather odd activities for a professional scientific research association, as "ASCA" purports to be.

In any case, how would one or more computer science professionals have any inside knowledge of the bad guys' plans? This is knowledge that computers just don't give you. Moreover, it's generally recognized that terror incidents tend to benefit incumbents, not challengers.

On top of everything else, the "news release" author doesn't even get the punctuation right--"it's" for "its" in the first paragraph, for instance.

Stuff like this sometimes gets into respectable websites, articles and even professional resource lists because editors don't always look beyond a plausible title. But that's what is so great about the Web--we can do a lot of our own gound-truthing.

Some of the more interesting links located:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

www.ufomind.com...

www.ratbags.com...

archive.anomalies.net...

www.acsa2000.net...

american-computer.com...

I can't get on the ASCA main site because every time it freezes my computer and I have to reboot.
It is an old computer, so you may do better if you decide to do some research of your own.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Fruitia Pickleweed]

top topics

join