It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto will take down Organic Farmers-Invest in Organic-Or We Lose

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by artistpoet

But what if you have a Monsanto seed? It only grows once right? Then you have to buy more-the whole gimmick?

Great idea!

I would never use Monsanto seed - I only use organic seed from organic plants - but I get your point.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Originally posted by babybunnies
Better still, grow your own produce in your own back yard. It's actually NOT that hard.

Monsanto is making laws so you can't grow food in your own back yard-it is "unsafe" for you to consume-you can only eat what they grow for you...

This is 100% wrong. The only laws that have been written concern selling / distributing the food to others. You can grow and eat your own food.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I can proudly say I've cut over 90% of products made by monsanto connected foods and am shooting for 100% by the summer. Everything tastes better, oranges and strawberries in particular and staying away from processed foods as much as possible.This is one way I voice my opinion with my wallet!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Better still, grow your own produce in your own back yard. It's actually NOT that hard.

Not everyone has a back yard so YES It is THAT hard. Also gardening is hard, its not easy work. It may not be hard to you but to those who have never gardened in their life it will be hard and gardening can be very intimidating for some. I have had gardens on and off since being on my own and lots of hard work goes into that so again I don't see how it's not that hard. You have to make sure you plant them in the right spot based on their sun in take and various other factors like soil and time of year to plant. You can't just plant things anywhere you want and expect it to grow just by adding water to it.

OP it still amazes me that it's considered "unsafe" to eat food that naturally grows on this planet! Humans have been planting for thousands of years and now it's unsafe and not healthy for you?! How is what they provide better when it has unnatural chemicals that arent really meant for our bodies?! So many things are backwards here. I hope this company goes away but I fear they won't be going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just because a seed is organic does NOT mean that it is not patented and that the patent might be owned by Monsanto.

It just means the seed is produced under organic - pesticide/chemical free- conditions.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Just because a seed is organic does NOT mean that it is not patented and that the patent might be owned by Monsanto.

It just means the seed is produced under organic - pesticide/chemical free- conditions.

Yes it may well be called Organic - It could be genetically modified seed grown under organic conditions.
Just shows the Orwellian double speak, psychological warfare by psychopaths who think the own the clouds in the sky as well as us it's slaves in a Matrix of deceit
Monsanto can kiss my organic butt

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join