It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Like to Know More?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was reading through the thread above and in sparking my interest I realised something. I would gladly enjoy watching a thorough well put together documentary on Ed Simon's Necronomicon. Don't get me wrong I have the book aswell as the gateways and the spellbook. They are very well put together and I do believe they are the translations of the Egyptian hieroglyphs in the tombs of their kings.

I do believe they looked up the big dipper as the leg of shem. I do believe the seven stars of the big dipper are rpresented by the names of gods I forget the names of in the gateways book, I'm thinking about re-reading it as a matter of fact.

But as I searched for this documentary I realised they are all about H.P. Lovecrafts necronomicon. Nothing against the man god bless his soul but I would greatly enjoy a something on the books I'm reading. Just to get a very balanced educated opinion on the truth and history behind the book that is not my own. Sadly I believe the documentary doesn't exist.

I raise my head to the sky and I ask why? Why have we not been blessed with this informative 45 min show that atkes us back to ancient realms. Is it because it would take us to Ancient Alien theory?

And pleas eif someone knows where this documentary can be found please link it.

As above so below.

Lets us hope this is not another attempt to keep mankind in the dark. As we would al be trying ot become the necromancer that is prophesized!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is H.P. Lovecrafts necronomicon a mockery diversion to keep people away from the actual necronomicon by ed simon?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You can listen to this nut... Have fun.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The Simon Necronomicon is written by an unknown author, but is introduced by a man identified only as "Simon". Stories presented are a blend of Mesopotamian myths, Akkadian, Babylonian and Assyrian and a storyline of unknown authenticity about a man known as the "Mad Arab." The book was released in 1977 by Schlangekraft, Inc..

Link to the Wiki for the one you are talking about.

Seeing as it was written after HP Lovecraft's work, I doubt Lovecraft's was used to muddy the waters....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I never wanted to watch that guy and never did.As I've said I own the books and read them. I just enjoy documentary's on stuff i'm interested in. Even if I have my own ideas that doesn't cope with the narrators. It's just enjoyable to kick back relax and watch it.

Mainly I want to watch them go into the history of it and how some monks stole it and one of them had to be this anonymous simon. I want them to compare it to the book of the dead that egyptians put in the tombs of their kings on the walls.

You know what I mean. They might bring up something I overlooked and might spark some deep thinking on matters.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Alan Cabal an "occultist" writes about Simon

From the wiki:

Alan Cabal, an American occultist, have independently stated that the book was widely known as a hoax in the local occult community.

Simon's rebuttal:

n 2006, Avon published Simon's Dead Names: The Dark History of the Necronomicon (ISBN 0-06-078704-X), in which he details the history of the Necronomicon and attacks his critics who claim the book is a hoax. The book's conclusions are considered suspect by his critics.[4]

You can search the ISBN to find a copy of it if you wish to read.

And here is the book you were looking for originally.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Unless ofcourse the book was known about and H.P. Lovecraft most likely being a freemason put out his facade to hide the real one. It's very possible this conspiracy is deep.

Anybody in freemasonry has intelligence and knows how to conspire and plot. It's not that hard to put out a joke for awhile only to follow it with truth to keep it apar tof a secret society.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by boncho

I never wanted to watch that guy and never did.As I've said I own the books and read them. I just enjoy documentary's on stuff i'm interested in. Even if I have my own ideas that doesn't cope with the narrators. It's just enjoyable to kick back relax and watch it.

Mainly I want to watch them go into the history of it and how some monks stole it and one of them had to be this anonymous simon. I want them to compare it to the book of the dead that egyptians put in the tombs of their kings on the walls.

You know what I mean. They might bring up something I overlooked and might spark some deep thinking on matters.

My apologies. I misinterpreted what you were saying. Although, I don't understand what a TV show program, focused off information you have already read, would provide to you?

If anything, it might be more pressing to check the wealth of information that questions the legitimacy of "Simon"....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you truly wanna know about it don't read thos esites or idiots your posting read the book. You might see this as me being hypocritical but in the op I did say thorough well put together documentary. Meaning these people took it seriously and did the research to see if they could disprove or prove it.

Which is why there is no documentary on it. Becaus it can't be disproven and leads you to Ancient Aliens.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Which is why there is no documentary on it. Becaus it can't be disproven and leads you to Ancient Aliens.

It's sounds like you are waiting for a documentary to come along and say it's real, 100%. Reading the detractors from the book can sometimes be as useful as the supporters. Because if the information is wrong that is used to counter it, than they only holds as evidence to the opposite.

But alas, you say that it can't be disproven. So I suppose you should make a documentary, because you must have weighed all the information equally to draw this conclusion?

There are ancient alien stories on TV everyday.... Just because this "leads to ancient aliens" that is not a reason for anything...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually I'm wanting to see it took seriously and see what comes of it. Rather then leaving it to a secret society and crazies to read it.

You see what most don't realise we are ran by people who believe in stuff the sheep proclaim as crazy because that keeps the people in power in power. They make people think it's not real or nuts so they can use it for themselves.

Ever wonder why meditation doesn't get alot of attention in the west. But for some reason all the higher ups reference it in some ways. Either through music,tv show or movie.

Only those who are meant to research and find it are meant to know about it.

I take it you haven't read it? Are you one of those that stand outside the door and throw tomatoes about something you know little about? I'm not pointing a finger here I just know how ats works!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
I take it you haven't read it? Are you one of those that stand outside the door and throw tomatoes about something you know little about? I'm not pointing a finger here I just know how ats works!

Ha!

One needn't shove one's head down that hole in the outhouse seat simply to claim the right to say that something smells in there!

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

That's a pretty narrow view. And anything can "keep people in power" as long as the people in power believe in it. Just as when Confucianism reigned in ancient China, a man's words could be struck down simply by throwing out a phrase (idiom) in the right situation, regardless of whether "right" or not.

A very superficial view if we are to believe that something occult is making the clocks turn. There are plenty that can spin gears just fine themselves. Without the help of supernatural forces.

top topics

join