It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Patrick Geryl wrote 3 books on 2012, his basic hypothesis is that in 2012 a MEGA-Solar Flare will strike the Earth causing a magnetic pole reversal and a possible geographic pole reversal and/or cause the Earth to start rotating in the opposite direction so the Sun would begin rising in the West. FUN!

Patrick Geryl has written some books, but his science and math and physics are certainly lacking.

The Earth's magnetic field is due to the core. A solar event is not going to alter the convection currents int he core. Pole shifts are not possible. A rapid event is believed to have happened 800Ma when the Earth had a TPW that moved at a staggering 1 meter a year. That's 10x the rate of plate motion.

Can the Earth begin to rotate int he other direction? Not without a huge amount of energy input into the system. A solar flare cannot deliver that.

www.2012hoax.org...

Patrick Geryl's ideas are not scientific theories. He indulges in pseudo-science (specifically pseudo-astronomy and pseudo-archeology) and his conclusions are incorrect. We show that his claimed mechanism for physically flipping the earth's core is impossible, and that his claimed results (earthquakes, tsunamis, etc) are incorrect.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

These assumptions of yours are obviously false... Hasn't there been a pole shift before like 3 times in our past scientists say? So who are you to say that they can't happen? Besides we haven't been here long enough to have knowledge of how much energy a solar flare can emit.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofLeod

These assumptions of yours are obviously false... Hasn't there been a pole shift before like 3 times in our past scientists say? So who are you to say that they can't happen? Besides we haven't been here long enough to have knowledge of how much energy a solar flare can emit.

Would you care to tell me the 3 times that pole shifts occurred? Please name the scientists as well.

Pole shifts are defined by Hancock as rapid crustal events. Nothing of that sort has happened - ever!

Did you read the link? Clearly, no. Please do and then your questions will be answered. You might want to jump right on the math section.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thanks for providing your interpretation of the quattrain, an interpretation which is dubious.
when did i do that ??

My statement was about the quatttrain as a whole. Not the sort of word by word dissection you do here.
more often than not, words have meanings all their own
sometimes, words even have a meaning separate from the "context" of the whole, so to deny their individual importance is pure negligence.

Nothing in the quattrain provides units. Here you choose units of degrees.
no, i didn't choose them, astrology defines them (but we understand, to you, astrology is bunk just like the RT stories)
when the ... "Sun twentieth of Taurus" ... is interpreted astrologically, it is a time frame.

Mercury won't be Taurus till the end of the month
which month ?? MAY ?? nah, no correlation there either i suppose.
i'm not checking first but i think this month (May 2012) presents several unusual linkages between the planets listed.
and all during the month of May ... it signifies a struggle within the struggle so to speak.

but, since you have no interest in such bunk science, if you want the details, you can search them yourself.

Taurus is a constellation.
Capricorn is a constellation.
Cancer is a constellation.

You were kidding right?
actually, no i wasn't kidding, i said the quatrain doesn't necessarily REFERENCE the constellations.
no statement in the quatrain infers a specific constellation (you did)
it can be interpreted numerous ways and i happen to think your adherence to constellations is wrong.

and, since you're so hooked on constellations, why no mention of Ophiucus ??
or its interruption of the cycles we've come to accept ??

As far as hail - it happens. It is normal to have hail. Hail happens every year.
So far only one place is the source of the military report
you would be seriously deluded if you believe that.
i provided the Hail.org link previously, that you chose to ignore it isn't our problem.
and no, egg sized hail does NOT happen every year.

You are right, astrology has been practiced for a long time. It has been baloney for a long time. Unlike the baloney of astrology astronomers were able to predict and find planets. Unlike the baloney of astrology astronomy can predict events with great precision.
this ^^^ just isn't worthy a response. your personal prejudice and arrogance speak for themselves.

Actually, astrology has been a failure ever since it was started.
got any proof of that ?? yeah, didn't think so but you keep believin it.
astrology has predicted and influenced more historical events and outcomes than astronomy ever could or ever will.

heck, astronomers (and all the other scientists put together) still can NOT be sure the Earth's core is solid.
tell ya what, when or if y'all figure that one out, perhaps the rest of society will put some faith back in your studies, until then, keep studying.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by SonofLeod

Would you care to tell me the 3 times that pole shifts occurred? Please name the scientists as well.

Pole shifts are defined by Hancock as rapid crustal events. Nothing of that sort has happened - ever!

Did you read the link? Clearly, no. Please do and then your questions will be answered. You might want to jump right on the math section.

here's one link with others included ... peswiki.com...:Earth's_Magnetic_Pole_Shift

and another ... www.naturalnews.com...
(airports don't change their runway markers just for fun)

Physics Fact #2: The Earth's magnetic field has flipped hundreds of times in the past.

The Earth's magnetic field "flips" (or reverses polarity) every few thousand years. This is called a geomagnetic reversal (en.wikipedia.org...). In between these flips, the magnetic field can become quite weak and chaotic, causing "turbulence" in the field, which can effectively cause weaker gaps in the magnetosphere.

and one more for good measure ... www.nasa.gov...

Scientists have long known that the magnetic pole moves. James Ross located the pole for the first time in 1831 after an exhausting arctic journey during which his ship got stuck in the ice for four years. No one returned until the next century. In 1904, Roald Amundsen found the pole again and discovered that it had moved--at least 50 km since the days of Ross.

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
astrology has predicted and influenced more historical events and outcomes than astronomy ever could or ever will.

heck, astronomers (and all the other scientists put together) still can NOT be sure the Earth's core is solid.
tell ya what, when or if y'all figure that one out, perhaps the rest of society will put some faith back in your studies, until then, keep studying.

Not sure what this has to do with the subject at hand. However, your first statement is correct to a degree mainly because Astronomy has nothing to do with predictions and influences, it is a scientific discipline and not a belief system.

Your second point is simply an attempt at misdirection and shamefully obvious. The solid core was discovered in 1936 and confirmed more recently using PKJKP waves. (shear waves)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

That is the magnetic poles.
They wander all the time. They do not cause landmasses to shift.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not reading all 10 pages but did someone notice May 20 is the date of the NATO summit?

And how in the world did this thread get to be 10 pages?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.sonoma.edu...

May 5th was El Nath and Venus allignment and El Nath is the galactic anti centre/anti christ star, then this upcoming with pleiades and in June the Venus Transit I've been nudged to see for so long.

Anyway, turn the negativity around and only see the other side, and see it very very strongly. For anything bad, there must be a very strong Loving/Good presence watching over.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Researching the date, this is additional "stuff" I found:

news.yahoo.com...

Pittsburgh Reptile Show and Sale May 20th 2012 - $5

Read more: pittsburgh.ebayclassifieds.com...

Denver Mormon Stories Regional Conference: May 18th-20th, 2012

Israel Expo 2012: Coming Together For Peace - May 20th, 1-6pm - Samueli Jewish Campus, Irvine CA

Albuquerque considered best location for viewing solar eclipse May 20th

Just some interesting stuff going on just in case nothing bad happens and you are looking for something to do....good luck everyone.

electricdaisycarnival.com...

www.lovecyclingsg.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Tuesday March 20th
First Day of Spring

www.arpc.info... West Coast machine gun shoot

www.superherohalf.com... Super hero marathon

edit on 8-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

Not sure what this has to do with the subject at hand. However, your first statement is correct to a degree mainly because Astronomy has nothing to do with predictions and influences, it is a scientific discipline and not a belief system.

Your second point is simply an attempt at misdirection and shamefully obvious. The solid core was discovered in 1936 and confirmed more recently using PKJKP waves. (shear waves)
topic relevance is regarding an attempt to dissect, distract and derail a valid conversation about the potential occurances this month (May). reviewing previous pages would reveal such.

astrology and astronomy used to be a combined science.
astrology isn't really a "belief system" either but then again, astronomy could be considered same.

as for predicting ... astronomers are always predicting something.
(sometimes they get it right and usually they get pretty close)
astrology on the other hand, seldom gets it wrong. (and not the msm kind either)

actually, a theory was presented in 1936 based on seismic inferences.
that theory is regarded as "most likely", not fact and P/S waves only allude to the possibilities, they don't prove anything.
and, just what does your commentary have to do with the Topic of this thread ??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

yeah, they are what's shifting ... the magnetic poles ... did you think it was something different?

They do not cause landmasses to shift.
and you're sure of this how ??
as the magnetic change directly effects everything from the winds to the water to the magnetosphere, why wouldn't it effect landmass?

edit on 9-5-2012 by Honor93 because: add text

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

no, i didn't choose them, astrology defines them (but we understand, to you, astrology is bunk just like the RT stories)

Astrology is a failure. It has been tested numerous times and failed.

actually, no i wasn't kidding, i said the quatrain doesn't necessarily REFERENCE the constellations.
no statement in the quatrain infers a specific constellation (you did)
it can be interpreted numerous ways and i happen to think your adherence to constellations is wrong.

What this boils down to is simple. The quattrain is useless. It is so open to different interpretations that it is meaningless.

That makes its connection to this month false. Thanks for supporting my original contention that the quattrain is not connected to this month.

I would agree that fools have allowed astrology to affect their judgement and thus history has been affected by the baloney of astrology. Has it predicted anything? No. The baloney called astrology was not able to predict the existence of Uranus and Neptune. Astrology is not predictive.

Meaningless comment except to show you are wrong. Seismic evidence makes it abundantly clear that the core is solid.

What do the foolish astrologers have to say on that subject?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

here's one link with others included ... peswiki.com...:Earth's_Magnetic_Pole_Shift

and another ... www.naturalnews.com...
(airports don't change their runway markers just for fun)

Wow. I even wrote pole shifts as defined by Hancock. Pole shifts are not related to the magnetic field of the Earth. Not only do you need to learn that, but you provided a link to a dubious free energy site.

Learn the difference between a pole shift and a change in the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

astrology isn't really a "belief system" either but then again, astronomy could be considered same.

Actually they were combined well before science was developed. The separation was made to remove the junk the valid.

astrology on the other hand, seldom gets it wrong. (and not the msm kind either)

Please provide an example. This is just a laughable claim.

that theory is regarded as "most likely", not fact and P/S waves only allude to the possibilities, they don't prove anything.

I see that one of the problems is that you need to learn what a theory means in science. You need to learn what a fact is. Hints: A theory cannot be a fact. Theories explain facts.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

yeah, they are what's shifting ... the magnetic poles ... did you think it was something different?

Your statements are based on an ignorance of Hancock and pole shifts. Please learn what is being discussed.

and you're sure of this how ??
as the magnetic change directly effects everything from the winds to the water to the magnetosphere, why wouldn't it effect landmass?

Magnetic changes do not affect the wind. The Earth's field is incredibly weak. It does not affect water.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hahaha! Well put, concise and to the point! Love your way with words! Thanks for the smile, needed one today!

Interesting thread by the way, Evildead!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

topic relevance is regarding an attempt to dissect, distract and derail a valid conversation about the potential occurances this month (May). reviewing previous pages would reveal such.

as for predicting ... astronomers are always predicting something.
(sometimes they get it right and usually they get pretty close)

Actually astrology is overwhelmingly defined as a belief system, it cannot be defined any other way.

I believe Stereo answered your theory statement adequately.
My commentary is pertinent due to the fact that you, engaged the strawman approach. A very poor one at that.

I merely pointed it out.

Regarding pole shift. The burden of proof lies with you not I. There is ample evidence of magnetic pole wandering. There is none to support anything beyond that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You realize this is not a scientific thread, right? You are a man of science, why don't you go debate something in your realm of thinking.

It's like Newton arguing with Nostradamas, no winners, because the two live in two different planes of thought, one not able to convince the other of their righteousness.
edit on 9-5-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I find it so humorous that the cereal bending installation art called crop circles is taken to be something more meaningful than what it is - large scale art.

Ahh, I love the smell of sanctimonious arrogance in the forums ... that's what I personally find humorous

No-one ... to my knowledge (least of all the OP) has said any of this is set in stone ... they are simply sharing an observation they made ... if you disagree with the suggested possibilities that's absolutely fine but I can never understand why some members think that an arrogant / sarcastic reply makes them look intelligent ... trust me ... it has the opposite effect

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join