It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
While researching the relation between eclipses and the biblical calendar I found information about a crop circle from 2010 that points to May 20, 2012 as a significant date. There will be a celestial alignment that day between the Pleiades, the Sun, and the Earth as well as a partial solar eclipse.

On May 20th, 2012 an Partial Eclipse will cover the USA, Mexico, and half of the World. The "half circle" on the Crop Circle represents 0 (zero) on the Crop circle, which is "the day" the Pleiades, the Sun, and the Earth are "joined" together. This could be significant because we believe God's throne is in the North Heavens, possibly the Pleiades, and the Pleiades, the Sun, and the Earth are "JOINED" TOGETHER at this time.

This video presentation explains the interpretation of the crop circle in question.

Upon digging further I found MORE references to the May 20, 2012 date;

Now apparently Nostradamus also referenced May 20, 2012:

[X.67] A mighty earthquake in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero). Hail will fall larger than an egg.

[lX.83] Sun twentieth of Taurus the earth will tremble very mightily, it will ruin the great theater filled: To darken and trouble air, sky and land, then the infidel will call upon God and saints.

Here's a short video someone put together after researching this ominous date; in this video they touch on the Nostradamus quatrains, the Maya prediction of the return of Quetzaquotal(?), the celestial alignments and eclipse, ALL predicted for May 20, 2012.

So we have:
1. Nostradamus forecasting a very mighty earthquake on May 20, 2012
2. Maya predicting the return of Queztaquotal on May 20, 2012
3. Crop circle from 2010 referencing May 20, 2012

And here's a blog post from Gerald Celente himself who apparently is aware of the May 20, 2012 date doom and gloom forecasts.
Solar Eclipse and the Beginning of Armageddon - May 20, 2012?

Here is a NASA explanation of the May 20th partial eclipse which they call the "ring of fire" solar eclipse.

Just for kicks here's what else is happening on May 20 - The 38th G8 summit is to be held in Chicago, Illinois, United States on May 19-20, 2012. It will occur alongside the NATO summit.

All signs point to SOMETHING going down on May 20, 2012. I have no idea what will happen or if anything dramatic will happen at all... I just find it extremely interesting that various sources all reference May 20, 2012. I guess all we can do is wait and see if any mega-earthquakes happen or hell fire falls from the sky or some god or celestial object appears that we weren't expecting.

I would like to read about any other references to May 20, 2012 that I might have missed; if anyone finds anything else please post it here. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hmmm. quite interesting, well like you said, we may as well wait and see. I have nothing to add on 20 may 2012 but, its a great find and research

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Good research, But I must say that this could just be a publicity stunt by that crazy WorldBible guy (Harold Camping, Thx AUC!) that predicted the "tribulation May 25th of last year, just upped it by 5 days, sheesh does he ever give up???

I like your thread, you put your work into it, and thanks for the read

edit on 23-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Great research and find.

Ive got a family get together on that date so if anything happens at least all my loved ones will be together.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Maybe Harrold Camping was just a year off?
On a serious note, what makes you so certain Nostradamus was referring to THIS May?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well it sounds like May 20th 2012 will much more interesting than Dec. 21st 2012.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

First, those quatrains from Nostradamus mention no date. Second, the Maya had no prophecies regarding the return of Kukulcan. The closest you get are from the Chilam Balam books but these were heavily influenced by the Spanish missionaries and were used as propaganda to get the Maya to convert to Christianity. There are also no dates associated with these prophecies.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Interesting stuff!

Thanks for the vids/info. Although I doubt anything will happen on May 20th, I will now be paranoid about it!

Not really, but it is interesting. If something DOES happen on May 20th, I will be paying a lot closer attention to the crop circles.

So far it seems though, that all of these crop circles are an enigma that no one has really figured out.
(the real ones, if there are real ones that are not man made)

And I would agree with the poster above who says Nostradamus doesn't give a May 20th 2012 date. There is no date listed that I know of by Nostradamus other than his 1999 king of terror prediction.

He does give astrological dates, but they run in a cycle, so any date he gave could occur over and over again.

I personally think that some of the crop circles are real, however, what they mean is beyond me, and until they give us something USEFUL to prove it came from somewhere else, I will remain skeptical of anyone's interpretation of crop circles.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
On a serious note, what makes you so certain Nostradamus was referring to THIS May?

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First, those quatrains from Nostradamus mention no date.

Nostradamus DOES give the date. He refers to "in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero)." When looking up that particular celestial occurance it points to May 2012. And the 2nd quatrain specifies the day of the 20th; " Sun twentieth of Taurus".

edit on 4/23/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Second, the Maya had no prophecies regarding the return of Kukulcan. The closest you get are from the Chilam Balam books but these were heavily influenced by the Spanish missionaries and were used as propaganda to get the Maya to convert to Christianity. There are also no dates associated with these prophecies.

The Maya eclipse of the Jaguar Serpent is May 20, 2012. The Maya even built the marker into the side of the Kukulkan pyramid in Chichen Itza so that the serpent appears to move down the steps of the pyramid during the Spring equinox.

Here's a video somewhat explaining what the Maya knew would happen on May 20, 2012

Now maybe the Maya were speaking metaphorically when they look at this day as the day the Jaguar Serpent or Kukulkan or Quetzalcoatl returning and perhaps they were just refering to the return of Spring, the shadow on the pyramid, etc. but THEY DID mention it in relation to the May 20 2012 date.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

[lX.83] Sun twentieth of Taurus the earth will tremble very mightily, it will ruin the great theater filled: To darken and trouble air, sky and land, then the infidel will call upon God and saints.

20th of Taurus would not mean the 20th of May to an astrologer.

May 11, 2012 - sun at 20 Taurus

May 21, 2012 - sun at 00 Gemini

May 20, 2012 - solar eclipse:

Sun 29 degrees 32 minutes 54 seconds Taurus
vs.
Moon 20 degrees 36 minutes 52 seconds Taurus

------------------------------------------------------------------
Also note, the ephemeris for astrologers and astronomers is not the same.
Nostradamus was astrologer, not astronomer so the figures above are for GMT ephemeris in astrology.

You'll see that 20 Taurus is May 11th. (Gee, gotta luv all those 11's!)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Excuse me if I snore thru yet another doomsday.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not sure if this is of any significance...but here is a time line history of May 20th events.

May 20 Events in History

Here's two seemingly relevant occurrences I found...

1293 Earthquake strikes Kamakura Japan, 30,000 killed
526 Earthquake kills 250,000 in Antioch, Syria

edit on 4/23/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

20th of Taurus would not mean the 20th of May to an astrologer.

May 11, 2012 - sun at 20 Taurus

May 21, 2012 - sun at 00 Gemini

May 20, 2012 - solar eclipse:

Sun 29 degrees 32 minutes 54 seconds Taurus
vs.
Moon 20 degrees 36 minutes 52 seconds Taurus

------------------------------------------------------------------
Also note, the ephemeris for astrologers and astronomers is not the same.
Nostradamus was astrologer, not astronomer so the figures above are for GMT ephemeris in astrology.

You'll see that 20 Taurus is May 11th. (Gee, gotta luv all those 11's!)

OK. So maybe he was off a few degrees in his positions of the astral bodies lol did they observe leap year in Nostradamus times?
Interesting though Mayan Tzolkin Calendar

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah, great fresh doom and just less than a month to go.

Cant wait...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Not sure if this is of any significance...but here is a time line history of May 20th events.

May 20 Events in History

Here's two seemingly relevant occurrences I found...

1293 Earthquake strikes Kamakura Japan, 30,000 killed
526 Earthquake kills 250,000 in Antioch, Syria

edit on 4/23/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

Those earthquakes were 770 years apart. It's been 719 years since the 1293 event you posted. So roughly 700+ years apart... probably nothing but maybe worth noting...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here's a descent explanation of a annular or "ring of fire" eclipse. The sun and moon are exactly in line but the moon appears smaller than the sun thus leaving the outer edge of the sun exposed during the eclipse. This will happen on May 20, 2012.

I wonder if there's any relation to that article posted here on ATS about the sun going quadrupolar in May? The sun's pole flip finishing during the eclipse? Sun Quadrupolar in May

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I guess some British TV show and Jaime Maussan filmed on location of the site of the Mayan-like crop circle that points to the May 20, 2012 date. This video shows them standing in the crop circle and investigating. To their surprise, the next day ANOTHER crop circle was found with possibly a message about the 6th sun and the end time when humanity will have direct communication with the Jaguar Knights... Jaime explains that the Mayan legend states that close to the end of times Kukulkan will return to reclaim his kingdom again.

So not just one crop circle related to May 20, 2012 but TWO from August 9th 2005 reffering to May 20, 2012!

Correction: These crop circles were found on August 9th, 2005. Apparently more crop circles appeared in 2011 again emphasizing the date of May 20, 2012 thru June 6th, 2012.

Here's a video in Spanish with English subtitles explaing the crop circles and the relevence to May 20, 2012 further;

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow.

If you go on to say Goro Adachi or JakiusFogg has flagged May 20, 2012, well then, I shall retreat to my bunker post haste.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
Excuse me if I snore thru yet another doomsday.

Exuse us if we completely ignore sarcastic A-hole posts.

That being said, I am not trying to be "that guy" and am usually supportive of information like this however,
it is odd to me that threads like these seem to always get posted within a month or two of the "projected date" giving us just enough time (but not to o much) to either get all pumped and work ourselves into a tizzy or to freak the F out and quit our jobs,cancell our car insurance and sleep with the neighbors wife.

The date comes and goes and there is rarely any mention of it again.

So, my question is.....why didn't YOU or anyone else post this thread yesterday?
Or the day before?
Or last week?
Or a month ago?
or a year ago??

WHY NOW!!!!!

Maybe someone can point me to a thread where this has been discussed before now?

Thank you for the thread though op.
I do appreciate it, it just frustrates the piss out of me that we are only just now hearing anything about this.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join