It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible theory about why people think that the tv/radio are talking to them...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know I am not 100% on this but I remember in the John Lennon : Imagine movie, he had a guy that camped out on his and Yokos property that was "crazy". Anyways this guy went up to Lennon in the movie and had a conversation with him, in which he claimed Lennon wrote the songs for him specifically, and was talking to him through the songs. Lennon explained he was not, it was coincidence. The theory/idea im trying to put out is maybe it was a little of both. Ill tell you why.

Today I was watching a program on TV and when they went to the commercials there was a preview of what was coming up in the show. When I saw this, I thought of something odd, unrelated to the commercial (as I was not really paying attention) that I dont regularly think about (it was about a rare car model-but thats not really relevant). So when it came up in the show, the actual non preview clip, I had a similar thought. I was actually able to sit outside myself for a second and analyze what was going on and said to myself thats really strange I would have that thought twice.

So heres my idea, it may have even been referenced in the past somewhere, but all of these media (music, TV, etc) are audio based (on an even smaller level, we could say all played back by electronic means). What if there were sounds inaudible to the recognizable spectrum of the human ear, but say the brain were to pick up those sounds/signals/waves. This could be a more advanced form of what we called subliminal messaging (for instance in advertising) in the 80s.

Does anyone have info/thoughts on this? Its got to be a concept already, I dont know exactly what technology im looking for. Maybe someone could point me.

EDIT: this way it would seem specific to each person thats brain "heard" the signal, making scenarios like the guy in the Lennon movie, when in actuality EVERYONE feels the same response etc
edit on 23-4-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm afraid your theory is wrong. The key to this phenomenon is 'context'. As the brain malfunctions it becomes unable to hold information in the appropriate context. So, when a person thinks the TV/Song, etc., is about them, or talking about them, their brain has put the words in the context of themselves. They could also think a song or comment is about God/Devil, etc., through the same process.

This is why it is dangerous to converse with an unstable individual, your comments, movements, inferences, etc., will be taken in an inappropriate context.

In short, you would talk about one thing, the unstable person would think you were implying another.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have thought about the same thing myself; whether we can be influenced by sound waves outside of our hearing frequency. Of course, the same could be said for energies and colors outside of our visual frequency and smells outside of our smelling frequency, and so on for other senses. Say we can't feel a certain surface, is it relevant to our existence and reality?

I'm leaning towards No, but I don't know. Look into ELF's.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Anything is possible, but I do know that subliminal messaging doesn't work, and the fella that claimed that it did work later addmitted he falsified the results.
Not really on topic, but it's all I've got.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by somerandomuser

and yet, does not the artist or mystic interpret such subtle signs for inspiration and divination?

there is, indeed, a fine line between madness and vision.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I have thought about the same thing myself; whether we can be influenced by sound waves outside of our hearing frequency. Of course, the same could be said for energies and colors outside of our visual frequency and smells outside of our smelling frequency, and so on for other senses. Say we can't feel a certain surface, is it relevant to our existence and reality?

I'm leaning towards No, but I don't know. Look into ELF's.

I will check out ELFs. This I guess was just an example I had to conceptualize the thought. Theres so many possibilities/applications that can be utilized by this type of "media". Scary actually. Broadcast a signal that can do anything. Heart attack, hysteria, etc. Imagine a huge audience watching something like the olympics across the world. They beam the signal and peeps start going nuts. Modern day zombie apocalypse heh.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I watched a biography on Mark David Chapman a few years back and couldn't find it. i talked about how he may have had a weird relationship with his mother as a child. He grew up reading books like catcher in the rye. And how he was obsessed with John Lennon.

Wish I could find it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

Why not? I think your theory is possible, and we certainly couldn't expect the industry to tell us about it.

Seems like a huge conspiracy, though, to keep quiet .......... and I think that the real trick of it would be all the different 'compartments' of people that made up any media presentation; somebody gonna squeak. Interesting thread....... makes me wonder what one would find if they researched "TV" AND "subliminal" AND "mind control".

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
subliminal messages.

second line.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In my teen years i did some drugs nothing too hard just MDMA, '___', and a bit of smoke but i found that the effect it had on my brain when i stopped taking them was that i had experience of what the op is talking about i think its just the fact that my brain was not firing right that made ad's and such seem as if they were talkin to me so i say its just when the brain directs these thoughts to the wrong place is when you get this happening. (Im Fine now by the way)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

The way I see it is there various layers of sound in this vaccum, somthing, either your mind or an external entity with advanced tech can change the wave form to make words and change context.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I posted a thread awhile ago involving schizophrenia...

Would you like to know how your Life could be if you were Schizophrenic? *VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE*

In that thread I posted a video that gives a generalization of what a typical morning may be like for a person with schizophrenia. Note the voices one hears both internally and externally are seemingly directed at the person. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch in this case you posted in the OP...imo.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Seems the video from the thread I posted originally has been removed, here's another YT source

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This thread reminds of of something rather odd that I experienced a little while back. I was at home doing noting in particular when all of a sudden the most random of names popped in to my head "michael maguire"

I don't know that name from adam. Anyway.. I forgot about it until the next day.. so I thought hey! I'll Google that name for sh!ts and giggles.. Right before I entered seatch on Google, San Fransisco randomly popped in to my brain.

LOL the weird thing is when I Googled this Michael Maguire person he turns out to be some exec' or something at a company in San Fransisco ! what. a. mindf**k.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Got some more info on this yesterday.

How "they" (they is anyone who wants to target someone and pays resources to a trader-need to contact a trader? Just walk up and use the hand signals ive mentioned in my other threads-they usually drive GOLD cars-thats how they are most easily identified) make people think the radio is talking to them:
The trageting personnel let a regular radio program run but use an antenna (from a vehicle) to broadcast over a short area (say half a mile from a 1 watt antenna if youve ever messed with cb's before-you can get them cheap at walmarts or truckstops if you want to buy one to mess with) and through a cb speak as if they are the announcer/DJ. Its essentially done in 2 layers: A) the regular layer which is just the regular program that everyone hears thats playing in the background and B) the 2nd layer thats being superimposed/broadcast over the program (to a level where it doesnt cut out the original program, just allows for insertion), locally, from the manipulating vehicle with that person (or someone they are patched into via a cell phone or something) speaking over the original program.

You can sometimes hear the idle of the broadcast vehicle if they leave the engine on while broadcasting. This cluse you in to the fact that someone is at least broadcasting local to your area. It seems IMO to work better with lower frequency FM stations and all AM stations, thats why there always seems to be electronic interference when listening to AM radio stations-all the trucker's cb's around you interfere with the original broadcast from the main radio station antenna.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As someone who used to get messages from the TV, I feel I might be able to shed some light. Now, there are lots of different types of psychosis, and I've no idea if others will be the same as mine was, but here goes anyway....

With me, it was like when you're looking out for syncronisities, you'll hear something innocious on a show, and relate it somehow to you. This could be anything from "kill them AAALLLL" to "make some custard" With me, it was paranoia type things, someone would say "he's going to die" or someone would be talking about someone who had been beaten, and I'd relate it to me, and in my head, it was the TV giving me a heads up that something bad was around the corner. Detective shows used to mess me right up, but I'd watch them incase there was anything for me in there. And it wasn't just TV shows, anything with sound/words on. Someone driving past might have the radio on loud, and the song wouldsomehow fit in with my confused reality. Even car number plates, I'd make accronyms out of the license plates. Anything my head could turn against me, it would. (the bugger) Luckily I stopped taking notice, and more importantly stopped that catalyst for the psychosis.

I'm all better now

I agree that we're all being manipulated with subliminals, even inaudiable tones from the TV, I often feel my head go all fuzzy on the inside if the TV is on. And the subliminals are getting more blatent (just look at the ones on paramount comedy after the shows)

Anyway, hope this has been of some kind of help

top topics

join