It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Feel About Trayvon Martin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just a short video conducted by me and my homeboy. I feel people should open there eyes because there are many agendas at play
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He tutors black children
He has many black friends
He did NOT say the Race of the person until asked by the 9/11 operator on the phone

Conclusion: He is not racist

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is a difference between being shady and being black. Trayvon was being shady, this drew attention towards himself, in the same way that a Caucasian, Asian, or Hispanic person acting shady will draw attention toward him/herself.

Furthermore, Trayvon confronted Zimmerman after having ran away from and successfully lost him. The kid acted stupidly, and he lost his life because of it. It was not an issue of race. Should Zimmerman be tried? Sure, whatever helps bloodthirsty and ignorant people sleep at night. He did kill someone and, although details and witnesses seem to suggest he killed Trayvon in self-defense, in America we're considered guilty until proven innocent, so he should be subject to an unfair and costly trial which will likely bankrupt him and his family.

Justice must be upheld, after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How do I feel about TM?

I don't know. I never met him.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vicnc2012

I have chosen not to choose a side in fear of being tagged a racist

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hate to say it but it's true. In America, if your white you're considered a racist.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
indifferent. Does that count? I dont really care one way or the other.
edit on 23-4-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

What's worse is that everyone doesn't know that their racist.

I don't feel anything for Trayvon

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. How can anyone call him a 'thug' or claim he deserved to die is stupid. I imagine what I would do in his position-- I am often walking down the street at night, and what would I do if all of a sudden some car was following behind me? I don't know.

Also, i find it hypocritical that people support Zimmerman because of the "Stand your ground" law... but don't use the same law in support of Martin. Uhh, hello this guy was being stalked by a grown man WITH A GUN... IF he did kick Zimmermans ass, how is that not standing his ground against a guy armed?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why people in America are so eager to pick a racist card at any given occasion. Just another element of control.

This guy sums it up:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I feel after an overwhelming number of Martin and Zimmerman threads, this thread is yet another attempt at stars and flags.

Or self promotion, via the Youtube video.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Actually, whites have only dominated for about 500 years or so. The Arabs/Turks/North Africans were more advanced from the fall of the Roman Empire through, roughly, the Renaissance. At that point, Western Civilization took off for multiple reasons (perfect confluence of technology, population expansion, and discovery of the new world).
More enlightened attitudes toward humans of similar descent made the ideology of racial superiority necessary in order to justify slavery in heavy agricultural areas. It took a couple hundred years for that to be applied to blacks and we're still seeing the results.
However, Germanic common law tradition combined with the US's Enlightenment based foundation has made American tradition the very thing that created freedom and equality for women and blacks, rather than the reverse. History unfurls slowly.
The Native Americans were another story altogether. They could either conform to the ways of their lands' new conquerors or perish. They bravely chose the latter.
The "Illuminati" had nothing to do with it, as they existed in Continental Europe and were suppressed in the 1700s.

As for Trayvon Martin, the more evidence that comes out appears to weigh in favor of Zimmerman. Of course, that process is far from over and it may come out that Zimmerman is guilty of murder. As things currently stand, it is more likely that the irrational bloodlust for him, without all the facts known, has forced the FL gov't to overcharge him. Unless some major evidence for the prosecution is still unknown to the public, there is little chance he'll be convicted for 2nd Degree murder. Manslaughter maybe, but even staunch liberal and 2nd amendment repeal advocate Alan Dershowitz thinks there is next to no chance that 2nd Degree murder is a possible conviction here. The irony is that the pressure applied by all the hoopla of Martin defenders to up the charges will likely cause his killer's freedom from prosecution. And then they'll blame racists or conspiracy or whatever when the mirror is the main culprit.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Here you go OP..
embed

I think the video is boring
and very steriotyping,
and plain wrong..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Here's what I think and will try to keep it fairly brief in order to better get my point across (nice video btw thanks for sharing your thoughts).

Zimmerman shouldn't have pursued Martin in the first place. He was wrong for that. Beyond that, we don't know exactly how the situation went down. Whether Martin attacked Zimmerman first or not is the big question, and it's possible he did... But this could have been avoided if Zimmerman didn't take it upon himself to pursue/confront him. As it stands now I don't think Zimmerman will be convicted of 2nd degree murder, and I expect him to be found not guilty. If that happens there's going to be a lot of angry people.

It may be in some people's interests to see increased racial tensions within our country and division amongst Americans. That may be why you see this case getting so much Media coverage and also why incidents like the Rodney King beating are being revisited by them after so long.

Don't take the bait. Don't fall into the trap. Don't let 'em divide us.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Sek82 because: html error

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What's worse is that everyone doesn't know that their racist.
reply to post by NewerBeing

Um..Okie dokie then. "Everybody doesn't know" that THEY'RE racist. That way, you can call somebody a racist and feel secure in the insult because they don't know they're racist.

There is zero logic in that statement.

Personally, I feel that the whole Trayvon circus is yet another tiresome, over-bloated example of people with an agenda who are desperate to inflame and incite racial hatred. It is yet another attempt by the MSM to try and paint white people as militant racists who go out hunting for innocent black children to slaughter.

It was an unfortunate incident by a guy who over-zealously tried to "take back the streets" and stop crime in his neighborhood. It would have been smarter for him to stay in his car and let the cops deal with it, or he could have stayed at home and kept that weapon available in case of a break-in, but he didn't think clearly and was a little too gung-ho. Somebody is dead because of his decision to take action rather than observe and report.

As far as Trayvon goes, all evidence so far shows that he was in love with the thug life, and met a thug's end. Kids that age tend to idolize such stupid things, and imagine that they are invincible, and can physically attack somebody and get away with it. It's too bad he didn't survive to learn the lesson.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How Do You Feel About Trayvon Martin

Sick of hearing about it, sick of the attention its drawn, sick of the obvious media bias and very sick of the obvious political game that its been turned into.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
There is a difference between being shady and being black. Trayvon was being shady, this drew attention towards himself, in the same way that a Caucasian, Asian, or Hispanic person acting shady will draw attention toward him/herself.

Being "shady" (which is a highly individual assessment) is not an excuse to follow or chase someone.

If anyone was being stupid in this instance, it's the idiot who wants to think he's a hero cop and decides to be a vigilante. And with a gun too!

I actually don't think Zimmerman is racist, I think he's an idiotic pr**k who wanted to feel special, and chased after a young INNOCENT man, then got into a fight and shot him.

However you look at this, an armed man - not a cop - chased a young innocent man through a neighborhood for no reason. If I had a guy chasing me through a neighborhood, I'd either run or fight too, there's no other option. That does not excuse the guy shooting the kid when he was confronted for following him.

I really don't understand how people have difficulty with this. It's not hard to understand. And yet people consistently manage to ignore common sense and justice and blame the victim for HAVING TO defend himself.

IMO, that is where the real racism is in this story. Because the kid was black, they're willing to ignore all reason and common sense and still try to paint him as the bad guy.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
NO MORE MARTIN THREADS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good god guys, haven't you have enough?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He was just a normal teenager. Any normal teenager 30 years ago did the same things he did without being considered a criminal.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Plenty of other threads about the situation.....

Everything Zimmerman and Trayvon

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join