It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hahaha... wow, it's amazing how many people dont care about the future... so sad!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kreese

People don't care about the future because they are too caught up in making money and bill paying and living a hectic rat-race life. The so called "American dream". Most don't have the time to pay attention to anything.

However, insulting them isn't going to make them listen. As a matter of fact, it will just drive them away. If you want to do some real activism, work on your disposition a little bit first.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As you said, "no one seems to care". There may be a few of us who do care but governments and corporations control this and they will never care. They do not represent us and do not even want to know what is good for humanity. That is only part of the story. The US military is spreading it through the Middle East and the world using depleted uranium weapons on a daily basis. It continues with little objection. The damage from radiation is permanent to both individuals and the species. Unless there is a major miracle from a god who many don't believe exists, we are an extinct species. End of story.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This may sound like a stupid question but...
If it's all about keeping water on the rods that are exposed or keeping pools from evaporating, why didn't they try to build a higher lead barrier with a larger perimeter around the site (far enough from lethal doses) and flood the area?
We would have a large area of contaminated water but there would be no chance of the pools being empty.
I live in L.A.
I've got say, I have steadily and slowly felt like crap within the past year. Fatigue mostly... but I don't eat enough and walk a lot.
I wonder which will kill me first... the radiation or the stress of wondering if I'm dying of radiation?
In the end does it really matter?
I just lost a loved one recently so I've been reflecting on death quite a bit and trying to make sense of our existence.
I came up with nothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Something that I find amazing,. is the people of the US employ our government, and yet as the employers of the useless slothy rats,, you allow them to sit on their fat overpaid a$$eS and do nothing about this.
people will do things like "Occupy" pointless rallies,, but wont address things like this topic and get our government to handle a crisis that could possibly kill many people.
And yet the race for presidency continues...keep watching the other hand people..

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Is there any possibility that TPTB have some kind of remedy to prevent the effects of radiation (or believe they have)? As far as they would be concerned, if the SHTF then that's overpopulation sorted. What they desperately wouldn't want is for the general population to become aware of the actual situation, with the resultant backlash against them.

With the constant possibility of nuclear war breaking out, scientists have had a lot of time to develop some sort of medication etc to prevent radiation effects - and no shortage of financial backing, I should imagine!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Well you know, i seen a video about Benjamind Fuljford claiming that he know from valid source that the japan tsunami was caused by secret agent, drilling nuclear bombs in the ocean techtonic plate, and that japan earthquake was manmade, and that some secret intelligence organisation are the source of this earthquake that caused the tsunami and that lead to fukushima meltdown. So if indeed these people are really the source of the earthquake, knowning benjamin fulford probably claim they are from the cabal secret illuminati and that they already want us all dead, so its no surprise that every government are covering this up, also the media. Its a good way to kill lots of people and blame it all on Japan fukishima plant, this seem like a solid conspiracy theory?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

Why don't they just transport those rods to another nuclear power plant on stable ground? Why do they have to send them into space?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
If one fuel rod is capable of killing more than a couple billion souls then we've had it.

Nuclear power should be banned globally until we find a way to safely dispose of it's waste, it's just common sense really.

Agreed, we do not need Nuclear power to survive, indeed it will more than likely be the thing that kills all life on earth as we know it. Total insanity keeping nuclear power. But we all know our leaders are indeed, totally insane nutcases.

Only a complete nutcase fruitcake would keep something going that has the potential to kill all life on earth.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Um to the OP, you do realize that Japan is part of the UN and we give these countries pretty much the ability to deal with their own business. So in short the US didn't get off any "ass" and go over there because it isn't our place too unless we're asked or warned by another party. Two of which haven't happened till now, so I think the US response was justified by waiting.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I haven't read through the intire thread, but has any expert on this field replied yet?

Things I would love to know:

- Timeframe + Fallout maps. Saying the "intire Western world" is in for it is still very vague. I could probably look up the air and ocean currents/streams myself, but I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing so it would be nice if someone with a degree or extensive knowledge in this field could actually try something up with a somewhat accurate timeframe.

- What can be done to prevent this? I've read that even machines are collapsing due to radiation, which I would assume there is nothing that can be done, as burying it has already proven unsucessfull...

- Why isn't the MSM covering this? I've always taken the intire hostility towards MSM here on ATS with a grain of salt, because it's not nearly as bad or influenced as people claim to be (inefficient would be the better term), but this is something really big, almost apocalypse-like. I'm sure if this was anywhere near being as alarming as I've read in this thread, experts would've rang the alarm bell months/a year ago, or not?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
is anyone else feeling crappier than they did before the tidal wave took out those nukes...

just asking...cause my health does seem to be deteriorating alot this past year...

I was just thinking about that very thing - I have never in my life had worse allergy symptoms than I have this year - and nothing seems to work like it has in the past to help alleviate them. It is the same for everyone in my family, and many many people I encountered at the store, gas station, etc.

I have had allergy symptoms for MONTHS this year instead of weeks. Everyone has been complaining about this being the worst allergy season of their lives, and it unnerves me the more I hear people talking about it.
And all the while in the back of my mind, I've been thinking about the radiation and telling myself that there is no way - I live on the east coast of the U.S. No way, I thought - couldn't be, right?

Of course it could be coincidence - but they specifically mentioned pollen being contaminated.

*sigh* maybe I'll FINALLY get some super powers.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, I'm still reading the links. I suggest everyone watch a good movie by Akira Kurosawa. It's title is Dreams and one of the 'dreams' in the movie is about this exactly.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Can someone help me out please? OK radiation is now being detected in heaps of places. But, can someone give a run down on

1./ the "levels" now,
2./ Projected future levels monthly/ 6 monthly / yearly etc
3./ What type of half life / lives ae involved?

Because wouldn't the half life be one of the most important factors? If the half life of the radioactive material being dispersed is say 1 week then the prob shouldn't be anywhere as bad as say a half life of 500 years or even thousands of years. I would be greatful for any serious, "educated" replies please

Warm wishes

Steve

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
LA and Tokyo are finished. Would you buy a home there or move there?

Evacuate immediately.

-------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Lovely to wake up to this, this morning. It seems to me when something of this magnitude occurs, it should be a global problem, and not simply left to the country in which it occurred to do the problem solving. Concerns about "tax-payer money"?. Please. What difference does money make when we will be too sick to give a rat's derriere about money?

Protocol be dammed. All nations should focus on this and use all their resources to get it under control, if it is, in fact, a global emergency.

Who said "send it into space"? No. No no no. It's not enough that we screw up our own planet, so let's start screwing up the entire Milky Way. No.

This is distressing. I need cognac in my coffee.
edit on 4/24/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

This is the kind of information that makes me want to stick my head in the sand and go LALALALA.

Not that I didn´t already know this but.

Way past the point of no return.

The thought alone is sickening.

Never stick your head in the sand, it leaves your derriere up in the air..you'll be buggered by some Bankster and give birth to his likeness.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
If one fuel rod is capable of killing more than a couple billion souls then we've had it.

Nuclear power should be banned globally until we find a way to safely dispose of it's waste, it's just common sense really.

a bit late now dont you think?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join