It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Back in that HUGE Japan disaster thread that became #1 thread all time on ATS... there were several of us who watched it and stayed with it for many months...

We told you so back then...

but the skeptics and the mainstream media said no worries and went on to other news...

Now we can say...

WE TOLD YOU SO

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Nothing to read here people... move on, move on..

link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm not sure this is the right time for the "I told you so comments".

It's inhumane. I know you are a respected poster but come on man.

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ain't that the truth Zorgon.

Amen brother.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think they should build a hole kind of like a deep tube a mile deep and build these factorys on top with the floor acting like a trap door so when something like this happens they just drop the reactors to the bottom and fill the hole quickly with cement.... I dont know just a thought

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

If they are MOX fuel, containing 6% plutonium, one fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion people.

One MOX fuel rod can kill 2.89 billion people?? Definitely worth the risk right?

One day people will look back and eh who am I kidding, we'll all be dead.

Well the Japanese seem to think drinking Plutonium is safe... so I guess no worries eh?

Japanese Cartoon Character: Drinking Plutonium is Safe!
www.japanprobe.com...

maybe Japanese kids think it is cool to glow green after dark

edit on 24-4-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

but the skeptics and the mainstream media said no worries and went on to other news...

Well, the elephant is getting a tiny bit of notice:

Some Japanese towns to stay dangerously radioactive for at least a decade

That's a thread I just started based on a CBS article published on the 23rd.

The megathread is still a fantastic source of daily updates, if anyone is interested in staying on top of recent news.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I think it would be better to just not build nuclear power plants, or an oil refinery, coal burning power plants, toxic energy substance piplines, or the like AT ALL!!! I mean come on!!!! As if we can't build a global energy infrastructure ( natural energy) , last I checked, there are a lot of people who need jobs. There will be a lot of people out of work once the Oil is gone, ... put them to work on construction of a new, CLEAN energy grid!

And ya know what... if they are so concerned about money, FINE!!! we'll pay for energy just as we do now, just do it right for FAh sakes!!! BUILD The damn thing and be done with it already!

And if you still want to go to war.... faahhhn go ahead!!! fight over the energy!!! just as long as it's CLEAN!!!
edit on 24-4-2012 by kreese because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Dear Mother Earth, it was nice knowing you. We had a decent run and some good times together. Thank you for the years of water and crops. Thank you for the oxygen you have provided for the trillions of people and animals that have ever existed. Thank you for the abundance of beautiful plants and flowers you produced. Thank you for the delightful summer nights and the beautiful autumn days. I would like to apologize on behalf of everyone that exists and has ever existed for everything we have done to you. We had a wonderful life-sustaining planet, but we all took that for granted and acted like a bunch of bikers at an open bar wedding reception.

P.S. Before you die, what ever happened to that Zippo lighter I lost when I was fifteen? Did I leave it at the river? I went back there and looked but never found it.

Sincerely yours,
~ One of the many disaffected residents.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Dang we are getting whacked outta of this planet. But I guess we deserve it as a human race.....
edit on 24-4-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The situation at unit 4 is like having a loaded gun pointed at our heads... It should be the focus of a concerted international effort to do everything possible to make it safe, and yet very little is being done at all. The fuel rods in unit 4 will take about 30 years to make safe, that's 30 years where an earthquake/tsunami or a large typhoon could make the whole structure collapse, which would result in a catastrophic release of radiation. A new plan of action is needed urgently.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Mother Earth will survive
She has time to wait and don't forget all that radioactive material we are using was dug up from the Earth in the first place and radioactive decay keeps our core molten...

And the cockroaches will survive too... maybe they will get bigger like they used to be

edit on 24-4-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
YAWN! you people have been spouting the end of the world non-sense with Fukushima ever since it happened and every couple of weeks someone starts a new thread that is suppose to have brand new evidence that we are all doomed and guess what, we are all still here. and guess what else, we will all still be here in another years time after 24 new FUKUSHIMA END OF WORLD RIGHT NOW!! threads/

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronon
reply to post by Aleister

You bring up a good point about the Geiger counter. Does anyone here have a Geiger counter? These reports about radiation being everywhere are interesting, but are they true? If you have a Geiger counter take a reading of your backyard, your seafood, your canned goods from Japan and post a photo showing us the reading, whether it's high or not.

One more Time, you can't get the real amount of Radioactivity with a normal Geiger Counter,
you cant see the Radiation in Seafood, Rain Water or Hardware- for this you need a Laboratory
with a Spectrograph!

What i am doing on my Channel gives us only very roughly a Direction!

I think that i can say: "Forget all the Geiger Counter for Food Sampling",
what you should do is create a Combinat with 15-20 People/ Families
and buy a used Spectrograph (Price is ca. 7.500-10.000 USD for a healthy used one)

This is also a great Business Opportunity for People without a Job but with Money,
buy one and sale the Data for a small amount of Money!

We here in Japan have already a few of this Citizen Center!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow, it's so depressing with some of the comments. What the heck are you guys even doing here? All you can do is talk about world problems but you don't really come together to solve it, just expect someone else or perhaps the same people who created the whole mess in the beginning to try and fix it. Some of you claim we deserve it or that it's too late because it's somehow our fault and that we should throw the towel in. You kidding me? Who's to say all this? These problems weren't created along with the rest of the human race. While we are too caught up in the "real world" they did the dirty work, these criminal bastards not us. True we can cause problems but we also have the ability to fix them, at any given moment. But we're online too stupid to actually do anything for anyone. We need to realize the severity of the situation and act accordingly because obviously our world leaders and any establishment that deals with such don't give a crap about us nor the planet, they never did. So we got 2 choices, every one of us. We can either sit and do absolutely nothing, allowing the ball of evil to keep rolling that only wants to kill for more control or we can realize who is doing the evil and stomp them out.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

I think that they did worry!
They did question!
They did protest!

But I think that those that questioned and protested etc were labelled communist hippy drug addicts and were either laughed off or thrown in jail!

I feel like I am having a flashback! And it's not acid but it is a BAD trip!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

Here are a few facts concerning the situation at Fukushima. This is not fear mongering, this is people asking wtf is being done to prevent a potential catastrophe

• Nearly all of the 10,893 spent fuel assemblies sit in pools vulnerable to future earthquakes, with roughly 85 times more long-lived radioactivity than released at Chernobyl

• Several pools are 100 feet above the ground and are completely open to the atmosphere because the reactor buildings were demolished by explosions. The pools could possibly topple or collapse from structural damage coupled with another powerful earthquake.

• The loss of water exposing the spent fuel will result in overheating and can cause melting and ignite its zirconium metal cladding resulting in a fire that could deposit large amounts of radioactive materials over hundreds, if not thousands of miles.

This was not lost on Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR), who after visiting the site on April 6, wrote to Japan's U.S. ambassador, Ichiro Fujusaki, that "loss of containment in any of these pools... could result an even larger release of radiation than the nuclear accident."

The urgency of the situation is underscored by the ongoing seismic activity where 13 earthquakes of magnitude 4.0-5.7 have occurred off the northeast coast of Japan between April 14 and 17. This has been the norm since the first quake and tsunami hit the Dai-Ichi site on March 11 of last year. Larger quakes are expected closer to the power plant.

Spent nuclear fuel is extraordinarily radioactive and must be handled with great care. In a matter of seconds, an unprotected person one foot away from a single freshly removed spent fuel assembly would receive a lethal dose of radiation within seconds. As one of the most dangerous materials on the planet, spent reactor fuel requires permanent geological isolation to protect humans for thousands of years.
Source

Mod Note: Please use EX tags when quoting someone else and provide a link as it is considered plagiarism when you don't.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I might have to go the UK in July for a few weeks, how risky do you think that is? (I live in the southern hemisphere btw, so radiation wise I think I've been ok thus far).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Here's the link to the information you posted - looks like you forgot.

The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Is Far From Over

peace
edit on 24-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Exploding an atom and now we are at the eve of destruction, seriously stop [SNIP] with the tree of knowledge people.

Quoted for Truth.

We're a doomed species, there's no going back.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Snipped quoted censor circumvention.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join