It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
And was this truly just another "accident"? or a way to reduce the useless eaters.

Well since the PTB also breath the same air, drink the same water and eat the same food, I would suspect that radiation would get to them also

As far as I know radiation is not a selective killer that only targets the useless eaters

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

And was this truly just another "accident"? or a way to reduce the useless eaters.

Well since the PTB also breath the same air, drink the same water and eat the same food, I would suspect that radiation would get to them also

As far as I know radiation is not a selective killer that only targets the useless eaters

While I am skeptical of the idea of population control, radiation may be an effective method for thinning the herd. Those that have the resources (in the current infrastructure that = money), to prepare will have a much greater chance of surviving while waiting for the radiation to do it's job, and then disperse.

However, I must concur with others here that Fukushima alone is not enough to accomplish a population cull very effectively.
edit on 13-5-2012 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you aware G. W. Bush Jr. bought 100,000 acre ranch in Paraguay?????

Many of the elite puppets have multiple homes in the southern hemisphere and I've noted real estate prices going up there.

Also, Tom Cruise with his 30m bunker.

Think about it.

The common man will be left to fry and the elite will find a way and have the resources to migrate to safer zones.

Now, I grew up 3 months out of the year for over a decade on Pensacola Beach Florida.

I now live in Illinois.

The sun out on my deck is as hot and I get as good a tan in two hours in Illinois as I did walking and swimming off Pensacola Beach in 10 hours during high summer.

The sun is hotter (ozone level lower).

O2 levels are also lower and lowering quite a bit each year.

It's like our planet is being re-terraformed.

Check out L. A. Marzulli.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge. - OHD

Safe journey.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Are you aware G. W. Bush Jr. bought 100,000 acre ranch in Paraguay?????

to sell the giant water aquifer under the land back to the native inhabitants more then a destination for retreat.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by raggin
If the aliens would show, this issue would be over very quickly. No one would have to argue if there was or was not a problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Finally, someone with a solution.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for people. If you intend to move to the southern hemisphere, do it now. I don't know if anyone has noticed but there is not a lot of land in the southern hemisphere that North Americans/Europeans would consider habitable.

There is Australia. Fair dinkum. There is South Africa. Vuvuzuela. There is South South America, which files down to a narrow, mountainous point. Then there are dots here and there on the map.

Want some real estate fun? Go to this link and take a look.

List of cities by latitude

en.wikipedia.org...

One thing that jumps out at one immediately is that there are way, way, way more cities in the northern hemisphere than in the south. Austin, Texas is at 30* north lattitude. I haven't counted but there are roughly 200 cities at the same lattitude or north of it, up to communities like Alert in the Canadian arctic.

In the southern hemisphere for the same span of lattitudes south, there are roughly 60 cities. There are no cities south of 60* lattitude in the southern hemisphere. That means no equivalent of Helsinki, Finland or anything north of it, in the south.

In the 50s north there are 104 cities listed, among them places like Moscow and London. In the 50s south there are 7 cities listed, the only one I have heard of being Stanley in the Falkland Islands.

Even if you are happy to live in the jungle, you have to keep in mind that many of those areas are heavily populated, or very, very underdeveloped like Brazil or Central Africa. I don't have to go into the politics of Africa except to say that it is horrifying. In fact, the politics of most of these places would horrify most Europeans or North Americans.

George W. Bush has 90, 000 acres in Paraguay. That is prime Nazi country at a lattitude that will require little, if any climate adjustment for a guy from Walker, Texas. Huntsville, TX is at 30* N.

I think Asuncion, Paraguay is at roughly the south lattitude comparable to Miami, 25* N. in the north.

When the land rush starts, very few ATSrs will be able to compete with the Bush family and their ilk for spare land in the southern hemisphere, anywhere.

I hear it is nice in the Outback.
edit on 14-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

This guy was the inspiration for the movie "The Men Who Stare at Goats".

He's the one in the beginning who tries to run through a wall.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Well, I've been in my current home for 26 years. My neighbors are all very nice, I finally got my garden going and looking good and like my humble (needs a lot of remodeling but can't afford it home).

Very grateful to have a home at all, I serve people dinner who are homeless.

And you are correct, my mistake, GWB has 98,840 acres in Paraguay.

Hope the radiation doesn't get too bad where I am cause I'm staying put.

I really really like my humble abode and neighbors.

Thanks for the information.

edit on 14-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The sun is hotter (ozone level lower).
O2 levels are also lower and lowering quite a bit each year.

Yes the sun is different
I notice some of my plants already getting burned and its only May. We hit 100 here in the middle of April a new record

But that ozone and O2 level... you have some data on that?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakor
I've been ready for SOMETHING to happen for a pretty long time now. Earth is in need of a big change, especially us human beings.

This isn't the best method of change, though.
So many people will become ill and die because of this. Even future generations will be suffering

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, my Lavender plants just can't take the sun and heat and I'm in the Midwest.

Been in the Midwest my whole life.

Started out in Missouri and now in Illinois.

Use to be our Lavender did fine in Missouri, now in Illinois (further North, it's too hot even now (spring) for them. Having to put them in the shade more. Wonder if the radiation is to blame?????

Good reply. Very insightful. Thank you.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

To be honest, we kinda deserve it as a species. We have become arrogant and wreckless as our technology grows. People used to respect nature, even some worshipped it, now we spit in natures face left and right. We have become stagnant, and we are backsliding. We, as a species need a wake up call.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In this area, we don't get a spring or fall really. We go from summer to winter, it's not easy. I miss spring in the tristate.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

There may be areas in the northern hemisphere which are inhabited after a major northern nuclear disaster. One can imagine a situation where edible food is being flown from the southern hemisphere as foreign aid, into the north.

A lot of useable water might be pumped from the bottom of the Great Lakes, for a while, and water might be mined out of the northern icecap.

Some places have large underground aquifers which may have useable water for a while and there may be some food stores, but chaos will ensue eventually. When the dust clears it may be lifelines extended from the south that eventually allow surviving northerners to carry on, as quasi-troglodytes, into a very weird future.

One can see how the various hydroponic gardening schemes and greenhouse gardening associated with the green movement tie in well with nuclear survivability in the case of widespread nuclear fallout. They have the advantage of protecting the soil in artificial environments.

One might actually be able to make the case for a sort of "soil banking" in which large areas of fertile agricultural land are paved over with a layer of concrete or some such covering against the day when they might be dug out carefully and protected in a post fallout world.

In fact a lot of fertile land that has been paved over, much to the complaints of the greens and others, could be dug up again in a nuclear fallout holocaust and put under glass or plastic and farmed again.

This is probably what the Japanese government should be doing in Fukushima Prefecture.

Even badly radioactive land might be useful for some crop that is not eaten by man or beast but is necessary in some way and can be used, radioactive or not. Maybe some hemp products or ethyl alcohol sources could still be used, despite radioactivity, and being farmed from bad land.

This might be a very useful area of research in Japan, to try to make useable products generated from radioactive plants, to see what happens to the radioactivity as it goes through the manufacturing process from corn or hemp, for example, to ethanol. How much of the radioactivity is carried along into the finished product and how to handle the whole process safely.

It's scary to think of it but those pirahna-like developers probably wouldn't even miss a beat, post nuclear holocaust, but simply tool up to sell parking lot conversion kits to turn shopping mall parking lots into large green houses.
edit on 15-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hello Im new to the forums but for some reason in my school there is a major increase in military recruiting and i remember a navy seal coming to my school and talking to literally EVERYONE class by class for two weeks i talking about joining the navy and Nuclear power plants. And Just talking about nuclear energy .So is it just me or is our government (U.S) still not going to change anything to stop this and learn from fukushima's accident.I remember very little, (He was boring me to death)But i remember him saying something about cities and everything being run by nuclear energy in the future or nuclear energy being the main source of fuel.

And btw I live in Euless,Texas, and im wondering what the chances of the radiation reaching me?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Xaphan

To be honest, we kinda deserve it as a species. We have become arrogant and wreckless as our technology grows. People used to respect nature, even some worshipped it, now we spit in natures face left and right. We have become stagnant, and we are backsliding. We, as a species need a wake up call.

No problem, for you I have original sin to carry on your back.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by toshow1022
And btw I live in Euless,Texas, and im wondering what the chances of the radiation reaching me?

Some of it already has. The question is just how much. Does your school have a Geiger counter you could borrow? Say it's for a science experiment, maybe get extra credit.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

omg
and yeah im definitely going to ask for one, hopefully. How can i escape this i have a small family in the U.S so it will be easy to move.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Xaphan

Future generations shouldn't have to suffer for what their idiot ancestors did. I understand that there will be devastating long lasting effects from this, and that there is no reasoning with it, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that we deserve it, because even the future generations will go through hell.

Maybe this generation deserves it, but not innocent children that will be born decades from now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by toshow1022

omg
and yeah im definitely going to ask for one, hopefully. How can i escape this i have a small family in the U.S so it will be easy to move.

Most trolls go by river.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join