It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Is this what naturally occurring radiation does to people...

Occasionally, yes....

You don't seem to know how radiation works, so I'll go ahead and ENLIGHTEN you.

Radiation's danger is much like that of water.

A little bit is barely a problem... a LOT of it can kill you.

But you can STILL drown in a bucket or cup of water, if you are unlucky.

Naturally occuring radiation is not different from "Artificial" radiation in one single aspect... it's all the same stuff.

Literally.

The only thing that you have to worry about in regards to radiation, and it's dangers, is the CONCENTRATION, and your PROXIMITY to those large concentrations.

That's it.

There is a difference from natural radiation and human made, natural radiation doesn't leave you looking like this poor child.

And this is why you are ignorant.

There IS No difference between naturally occurring radiation, and man-made radiation, because ALL of the isotopes that we use in our "Devices" is stuff that we dug out of the ground... stuff that was ALREADY THERE.

Stuff that was Naturally Occurring.

The ONLY thing that humans do, is to concentrate it.

You ignorant people believe that radiation is a form of MAGIC.... and that is why I am laughing at your feeble attempts to fear monger.

Because Radiation isn't a Magical cloud of evil that sucks the souls out of children...

It is a natural force, that obeys very strict and observed laws that science has codified and discovered.

it's not a freaking mystery.... unless you are IGNORANT.

There are EXPERTS in the subject who feel this IS a problem. Are you a radiation expert by trade?

What right do you have to call people ignorant! Just listen to yourself, you think you sound INTELLIGENT!?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Actually I agree with you about not putting such things in private (for profit) hands. I appreciate that this is serious and does pose a health risk. I have no doubt that a few more Fukushimas and we are in serious trouble. My comment wasn't made in response to you, but rather to the people that are going to bed at night wondering if they'll wake tomorrow to find a giant mutated cock roach devouring the neighborhood.........in Kansas.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The Japanese live monitor has never looked any better to me since the beginning.
www.zamg.ac.at...

You do know that it is only Iodine 131 which is being simulated in the above link? There are quite a few other contaminates which were released, many of which have much longer half lives than I-131.

Also when the disaster first started there was no number on here over 30 which was Colorado because of their mountains of granite. Now look the numbers were all like 3 and 7's and now NY is in the 70's often
www.radiationnetwork.com...

And from the above link:

Disclaimer: Mineralab, LLC, the operator of this web site, can not independently verify that the Radiation Levels, or any Radiation Alerts, that are displayed on this Radiation Map are correct and valid. Among other possibilities, Geiger counter malfunctions or proximity of the counters to certain medical procedures or to radioactive items can cause high readings at a Monitoring Station.
emphasis mine

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
F'Shima will not fall, why it should?

The Buildings are constructed for Mag. 8.5 which is a lot,
03/11 was in F'Shima afir only Mag. 7, something and it was strong!

But Tepco announced one more Time this:

We affirm that the Reactor Building and Spent Fuel Pool of Unit 4 will not collapse in the event of an earthquake

April 26, 2012

The upper part of the Reactor Building of Unit 4 was damaged due to a hydrogen explosion. We confirmed the items below and affirm that the building, including its spent fuel pool will not collapse should another earthquake occur.

1) We measured the distance between the water surface of the spent fuel pool and the floor surface of the building, and confirmed that the building has not tilted.
2) Our analyses show that the building, including the spent fuel pool, will not collapse even if an earthquake equivalent (seismic intensity 6) to the Tohoku-Chihou-Taiheiyou-Oki Earthquake occurs in the area.
3) In addition, we have improved the seismic safety margin by 20% by reinforcing the bottom of the spent fuel pool.
4) We will regularly check the reactor building and the spent fuel pool four times per year to confirm their soundness.

* Please refer to the attachment for the details of 1) to 4).

(Attachment): We affirm that the reactor building and the spent fuel pool of Unit 4 will not collapse in the event of an earthquake. (PDF 162KB)

When you download the Pd-Files you can see what they have done,
in Theory F'Shima is now more stable than before!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

There are EXPERTS in the subject who feel this IS a problem. Are you a radiation expert by trade?

What right do you have to call people ignorant! Just listen to yourself, you think you sound INTELLIGENT!?

Well, since my last post in rebuttal to you was removed for "Decorum" allow me to retort again, so that it stays posted.

Your insinuation that my information is misleading or ill informed, or ignorant is itself a logical fallacy of argumentative tactics known as "Appeal to Authority" in which you seek to discredit my argument on the basis of lacking a formalized degree in nuclear physics, and appealing to these unnamed "Experts" that you claim have agreed with your position.

Now, if you wish to retort any specific position that I have held, or statement that I have made, you would be well advised to do just that, and attempt a refutation of the specific textual utterance that I have commited to the board.

Otherwise, your logical fallacies, and attempts to ridicule will merely stand as the baseless attacks that they are.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a nice day.

P.S. Yes, I DO sound intelligent.
edit on 29-4-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: thank you VERY much

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If the aliens would show, this issue would be over very quickly. No one would have to argue if there was or was not a problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There IS No difference between naturally occurring radiation, and man-made radiation, because ALL of the isotopes that we use in our "Devices" is stuff that we dug out of the ground... stuff that was ALREADY THERE.

Stuff that was Naturally Occurring.

Enriched fuel is probably way more radioactive then any natural heavy element.

The ONLY thing that humans do, is to concentrate it.

You ignorant people believe that radiation is a form of MAGIC.... and that is why I am laughing at your feeble attempts to fear monger.

I think people have good reason to be concerned about their health, even if YOU view their concern as excessive. When the IAEA fails to convince anyone they know what they are doing and governments are pawns of the deranged corporate elite, what kind of response where you looking for?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

Actually I agree with you about not putting such things in private (for profit) hands. I appreciate that this is serious and does pose a health risk. I have no doubt that a few more Fukushimas and we are in serious trouble. My comment wasn't made in response to you, but rather to the people that are going to bed at night wondering if they'll wake tomorrow to find a giant mutated cock roach devouring the neighborhood.........in Kansas.

Have you looked at a chart of how many nuclear reactors are located on/near the new madrid fault-line in the usa? Have you looked how many are located near the atlantic ocean vunerable to tidal waves? Or how many near the st andreas fault? All in the usa, which I am familiar with!

I am sure in many countries the people who make life and death decisions have some serious mental deficiencies for being so utterly neglectful. If I was naive I would say it is all some gigantic coincidence, much like the iluminati cards portraying death and destruction.

If you can't trust the government because it has fallen to the big corporate boys, then WHOM can you trust?

It is not a matter of if total calamity will happen, but WHEN! Nuclear energy MUST be nationalised asap, and many vunerable nuclear power stations NEED to be decommissioned. A way to neutralise spent rods must be developed either at los alamos or simply declassified if such methods are already known.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Absolutely horrible planning from the american government. How could they be such idiots?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
BUMP

You would think this thread wouldn't need assistance.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well this would really suck..I live in California..You would think the US would put more pressure on Japan so that they would better regulate clean up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukeworker

Not trying to downplay what has happened but , I work on reactors and background radiation has had NO change from before or after Japans event . I could tell you things that would send you spinning but due to who I work for I cant , sorry . In no way am I a troll or sent here for some dissinformation campaighn . . Waste has been dumped for years by a lots of different people . I guess what I am trying to say is this was nothing new ! I will agree with you nuclear power is not the best option , but its out of my hands . Trust me I monitor the levels as I have children myself and I do live in the Northwest of the USA , anyway take care .

Considering the website, overreaction to website articles that have no legitimacy to them is not unusual.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The only reason that enriched fuel is more radioactive than naturally occurring radioisotopes, is because enriched fuel is more concentrated.

More atoms per cm^3 = more radioactivity from that little bit of matter...

The amount of radioactive matter in the world hasn't INCREASED due to human activity, in fact, it has actually DECREASED due to human activity...

We just concentrate it, and move it around.

I think people have good reason to be concerned about their health, even if YOU view their concern as excessive.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that radiation isn't Dangerous.... I'm just trying to put the whole thing into perspective, to counteract the Doomsday Fearmongers who are trying to state that the fukushima disaster is the worst thing in the universe, or that it will end the world.

If you view it in perspective, it's really not that bad.

If you are IN Fukushima... within the exclusion zone of 20km... yeah, you might not want to be there.

and you CERTAINLY don't want to be within the complex, and if you step into the reactor, you are probably going to die pretty quickly....

But radioactivity, especially when it is emitted into the atmosphere/oceans, has a habit, like all particulate matter, of Diffusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

And diffusing a radioactive mass over a very large area brings the total amount of the radioisotopes that are within RANGE of you, to effect you, to negligible levels.

The problem is that most people do not understand radiation, radioactivity, and nuclear physics... so the word "Radiation" scares them.

And they can be made to panic, globally, over an Event that will not effect anything outside of about 20km from the Facility.

Having said that, have radioisotopes from fukushima been detected around the world?

Yes, of course... the wind would carry them... but you have to remember, that these things are not dispersing....

If several kilograms of radioactive material were ejected into the atmosphere from the "Hydrogen Explosions", you have to understand, that this amount of mass isn't going to spontaneously GATHER all around you... it's going to disperse around the world, and it's total radiation emissions will likewise be dispersed, and minimized for any particular individual on the planet.

The Fukushima Disaster is essentially a *NON* issue, for anyone who does not speak Japanese.
edit on 2-5-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: +link

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The only reason that enriched fuel is more radioactive than naturally occurring radioisotopes, is because enriched fuel is more concentrated.

More atoms per cm^3 = more radioactivity from that little bit of matter...

The amount of radioactive matter in the world hasn't INCREASED due to human activity, in fact, it has actually DECREASED due to human activity...

We just concentrate it, and move it around.

I get what you're saying, but don't you think this concentration and moving around is quite a big deal

I think you're downplaying humanities impact from nuclear power about as much as the sensationalist media is up-playing it.

I mean, concentration is huge, as far as I'm concerned. The body can process a little bit of radiation here and there, but concentrating it in the body, concentrated it into a water supply or the air...we have science on that....it's not good, buddy.

edit on 2-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutaMuerte
Between Fukushima and BP our food supply is simply unsafe. So what to do about it? My guess is that given the amount of toxins that have become absolutely impossible to avoid we should all stop worrying. It no longer matters that if we eat GMO foods, do drugs or have casual unprotected sex.

I am convinced that humans have begun one of two processes. 1. Rapid evolution on a genetic level. 2. Extinction.

There are simply to many things wrong to get out of this gig alive. It is amazing the amount of destruction humans have been responsible throughout the ages. The last one hundred years has been particularly destructive.

I wonder if Moore's Law can also be applied to the destructive tendencies of our species.
Every six months we double our capacity to do double the damage to both our neighbors and our planet.....

I no longer recycle, I no longer eat only organic, I am no longer want to live forever. I am embarrassed to be a human...............

Fantastic post. (despite the tone / implications)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

wow, funny how they have the state of colorado covered in water where it is. that's the "rockies" side of the state and they have many, many 14,000 ft. peaks. that's extremely high, but yet it looks like san francisco is ok?
the bay area is nowhere near the altitude of colorado.

weird map.

edit on 5/3/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Would star and flag you but evidently you are now banned.

Not surprised.

People that have vulgar signatures continue on.

People that post frivolous stuff remain and gather hundreds of stars.

Below is a video account by a expert, a general.

My own belief is this may be just another nail in the coffin or the final nail in the coffin.

Description of video above:

Maj. Gen. Albert N. Stubblebine (US Army ret) Personal Fukushima Estimate of Situation
www.GeneralBert.com]

There is no safe amount of radiation.

Your DNA on a chromosome level and those that will come after you within your bloodline will be affected until scientists can figure a way to repair the chromosome damage.

It's in the air, the soil, the water and all though out our food chain.

This time man may have out smarted himself.

And was this truly just another "accident"? or a way to reduce the useless eaters.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've been ready for SOMETHING to happen for a pretty long time now. Earth is in need of a big change, especially us human beings.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So this there new method for depopulation. polluting air .

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join