It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Iason321

Well, the whole thing about launching our spent fuel rods into space, is that it's darned near impossible, and not to mention, economically unfeasable.

Current launch prices are somewhere near $3,000 to $15,000 ... PER KILOGRAM.

And keep in mind, this is for surface to *ORBIT*, not escape velocity, mind you... just to orbit.

Sending them out of the earth's gravity well would be much more expensive.

So.... really, it's not actually a feasible thing to do.

But waiting for another catastrophe to happen is the sensible thing to do ...

You seem to have a good basic understanding of physics, but you are so misguided when it comes to ethics and, let's face it, being human

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

The average human body has 4400 becquerels from decaying potassium-40, which is a naturally-occurring isotope of potassium.

en.wikipedia.org...

You live in radiation, all day, every day, since CONCEPTION till death.

Deal with it like Adults, please.
edit on 24-4-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

Is this what naturally occurring radiation does to people...

Birth defects of late from American DU shelling in Iraq

There is a difference from natural radiation and human made, natural radiation doesn't leave you looking like this poor child.

viewzone2.com...
edit on 24-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

Way to go Cheney and Bush! Well done!

NOT!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The average human body has 4400 becquerels from decaying potassium-40, which is a naturally-occurring isotope of potassium.

en.wikipedia.org...

You live in radiation, all day, every day, since CONCEPTION till death.

Deal with it like Adults, please.
edit on 24-4-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

You volunteering to walk into that mess and start the cleanup?

Thought not.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

I shall trump your Penn and Teller fluff TV show with an actual scientific document from actual scientists at Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (TJNAF)

Biological effect begins with the ionization of atoms. The mechanism by which radiation causes damage to human tissue, or any other material, is by ionization of atoms in the material. Ionizing radiation absorbed by human tissue has enough energy to remove electrons from the atoms that make up molecules of the tissue.When the electron that was shared by the two atoms to form a molecular bond is dislodged by ionizing radiation, the bond is broken and thus, the molecule falls apart. This is a basic model for understanding radiation damage.

Yeah, it's really a lot like water isn't it?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

But waiting for another catastrophe to happen is the sensible thing to do

You seem to have a good basic understanding of physics, but you are so misguided when it comes to ethics and, let's face it, being human

Listen, I'm not saying that it's an inconvenient thing to do... I'm saying that it's freaking IMPOSSIBLE.

In getting all of the radioactive waste into orbit, and out of the gravity well of the planet, you would DESTROY THE GLOBAL ECONOMY, which would, I might add, probably kill billions of people through starvation.

You are the one who seems to be misguided when it comes to ethics.

Why do you want so many people to STARVE just so that you can feel better about yourself?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

You volunteering to walk into that mess and start the cleanup?

Thought not.

Would you like to quote me where I said that too much radiation was not dangerous?

No, go ahead with your quoting out of context self... I'll wait.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I shall trump your Penn and Teller fluff TV show with an actual scientific document from actual scientists at Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (TJNAF)

Biological effect begins with the ionization of atoms. The mechanism by which radiation causes damage to human tissue, or any other material, is by ionization of atoms in the material. Ionizing radiation absorbed by human tissue has enough energy to remove electrons from the atoms that make up molecules of the tissue.When the electron that was shared by the two atoms to form a molecular bond is dislodged by ionizing radiation, the bond is broken and thus, the molecule falls apart. This is a basic model for understanding radiation damage.

Yeah, it's really a lot like water isn't it?

Yes.

Drowning is death from asphyxia due to suffocation caused by water entering the lungs and preventing the absorption of oxygen leading to cerebral hypoxia.

en.wikipedia.org...

A flood is an overflow of an expanse of water that submerges land.

Floods often cause damage to homes and businesses if they are placed in natural flood plains of rivers.

en.wikipedia.org...

List of Death toll by Flood:
en.wikipedia.org...
(Hint: It's in the millions)

Still think water is safe?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

All radiation is natural? All humans do is concentrate it?
Plutonium is nearly all manmade - maybe a tiny bit has been indirectly observed in natural uranium reactors.
And there is a full range of isotopes that result from criticalities produced by man-made concentration of natural isotopes. Whether they exist in nature or not, they would not exist in these quantities without man.

In a post further up, you note that there is alot of Uranium, albeit in low concentrations, in sea water - but fail to note that the vast majority of particles are not the isotope that emits that level of radiation. You sure attack nasty for someone who is only partially educated on the subject.

I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What they need to do have it covered in concrete and buried! Disgusting that this can just go on and on over 13 months, things like this and make me think “Wtf are we doing to this poor planet!” SICKENING! Just wait it will be effecting my home soon the UK (London) DISGUSTING!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chericher

All radiation is natural? All humans do is concentrate it?

Yes.... and No....

Radiation is natural, yes... but humans concentrate the radioactive isotopes, the Radiation is a natural by-product of the decay of these naturally occurring isotopes.

Learn you some Science.

Plutonium is nearly all manmade - maybe a tiny bit has been indirectly observed in natural uranium reactors.

And how was it made, praytell?

And there is a full range of isotopes that result from criticalities produced by man-made concentration of natural isotopes. Whether they exist in nature or not, they would not exist in these quantities without man.

Thanks for agreeing with me, ignorant one.

In a post further up, you note that there is alot of Uranium, albeit in low concentrations, in sea water - but fail to note that the vast majority of particles are not the isotope that emits that level of radiation.

What level of radiation?

You sure attack nasty for someone who is only partially educated on the subject.

>implying that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls...

Awwww.... but then you'd starve!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Here its nonstop steady rain for 8 months out of the year, with the last 2 years being the worst since I've been at the coast, where there used to be more than half sunshine.

The kids are sick, the trots keep coming back for one of them.

I don't know about readings from level of radioactivity of vegetation around us, I'm more concerned with the actual break down of isotopes that we are inhaling, and to some extent eating.

That is the dangerous thing. In our organic, heritage seed garden, there were mutations or odd looking veggies. We didn't eat alot of our produce.

Also, just around the 5th of April of last year, and at various times, I would have massive headaches and nose bleeds, I do get headaches quite frequently due to chronic fatigue but those were different, and leg aches, stomach aches.

Its said in the article that if reactor 4 goes all those fuel rods would depopulate the earth basically, if they have 6% PU.

Well, reactor 3 melted down. There were something like over 11 000 fuel rods involved, they may have been spent ones, in those 3 reactors, or astronomically higher. There were estimations that with those spent fuel rods, this was the equivalent of 100's of Hiroshima's and Nagasaki's.

The PU was officially in reactor 3.

So, that means we're in quite an earth event already, and it needs to be addressed and shut down, cleaned up and the people need to be helped/healed.

I want the real technology brought out, not our 80-100 year old frozen bubble kind, as if we're in a time freeze. the Reverse Sine technology.

Now I'm less concerned with the actual readings on the meter, I did see the one taking the readings in the Rockie Mountain pass and it was at the evacuation level. However the readings are less important than the actual amount of absorbed isotopes in the body.

There were cases of massive cancers from the poor guinea pigs used in Arizona testings, but I've also read that some people have breathed in PU, in facilities and been hospitalized, and lived for decades, with the right detox, and nutrients and good nutrients to beat cancers.

So its not cut and dried. People can do a lot for their health, but only if they are prepared and know what they're facing.

So I want to find the place to get the right testing, the kind they did on the Gulf War, and middle East Vets, to show the isotopes in their urine and body.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

One of us is in deep trouble... I already knew it was bad, but this is a good reminder of why we need to find a solution to these types of situations or we should stop using nuclear power altogether.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Michio Kaku was right! )apan should have implemented the chernobyl option.....
edit on 24-4-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedayafterroswell

One of us is in deep trouble... I already knew it was bad, but this is a good reminder of why we need to find a solution to these types of situations or we should stop using nuclear power altogether.

Yes. Aside from the obvious dangers of radiation, nuclear power plants also leak mercury into the water.
We need to rely more on hydrogen for power as it will also provide us with clean water.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry if people see this as fear mongering, just sharing some articles found on the internet...and sorry if my passion for exposing these things gets in the way and sounds like fear mongering - I spent a few years of life in a hospital dealing with cancer - everything from chemo, radiation, blood transfusions, platelet transfusions, heart attacks, hallucinations, dystonic reactions, the list goes on forever and no I don't want sympathy, I'm happy and healthy now and I love life and I'm thankful for what I went through because I learned a lot about life and it changed my outlook.

Most of my posts are nuclear, monsanto, fluoride, health related because I believe no one person should suffer like I did, and some of these many 'others' are little kids that didn't get the same chances and results I did - it's heartbreaking - there were times kids would die in the cancer center and I would wish I died instead so that the child that died got to experience more of life. There are so many things being done to all of us that if we came together to see this maybe it would stop, that's basically how I ended up here at ATS. I've found that this is not the case, the truth is regularly blocked and people are here to spread lies, I've called people out - there easy to find - 9/11 and chemtrail - it should be obvious to those that use those forums.

The fact is this site is just as much infiltrated by government and elite as facebook. The truth is what everyone is looking for and the attempt to stop it's spread reaches father that one can imagine. I've been on this site for years until I posted a thread on Israel Zionism with my last account and was immediately banned with no reason. Since then I have created this account at the beginning of 2012 and am pretty much done with it as there is nothing for me here at ATS left. This place has turned into a high school of bulling and attacks in which the truth get overlooked or diverted by those calling you stupid or ignorant.

The fact that stars are used defeats the whole purpose of finding truth as so many are more concerned with stars and flags than what is really going on in the world, just as some are concerned with who's going home on American Idol. They pulled down the shade all the same - whether ATS or dancing with the stars - all diversions from the truth - whether you spend it here or in front on the TV - it doesn't matter.

What matters is eventually people realizing we are all the same and all together in this mess that only a few created. United we are stronger than all the elite but divided we will only continue to fight each other over race and class status which is exactly the plan of the elite. The longer we fight each other the farther we get from the real problems.

Best of luck to everyone on ATS I'm done, even to those that attack and those that get paid to lie here, I believe there is good in everyone so good luck to you too. Peace, I'm outta here..

PageAlaCearl

Queen Elizabeth has concealed a secret code within the names of her children, pay attention to only the first letters of their middle names.

Charles—Philip Arthur George

Anne—Elizabeth Alice Louise

Andrew—Albert Christian Louis

…it reads…

Page Ala Cearl

On first appearance, it doesn’t look like much, let me go through it with you and reveal what the words mean…and please do your own research to verify this.

Page—servant or helper

Ala—Macedonian mythological Reptilian ‘Serpent’ demon, who brings wind and thunder, destroys crops, eats children and if left unhindered will ultimately bring about the end of the world.

Cearl—3rd King of Mercia (606-626 A.D.) = 3 King of Mercy, which refers to the Litanies of Divine Mercy—prayer No. 3 and it reads… 3. Jesus King of Mercy, ‘who has sanctified us’.

…the end product reads…servant to the Serpents/Reptiles who have sanctified us.

Make of this what you will, two hours after deciphering this code my phone line and internet was cut.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by doobydoll
If one fuel rod is capable of killing more than a couple billion souls then we've had it.

Nuclear power should be banned globally until we find a way to safely dispose of it's waste, it's just common sense really.

But when has common sense ever won against the mighty dollar my friend?

You're exactly right.

But common sense also informs me that dollars won't be worth jack poop when there's no life left on the planet.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Good Lord! Might be an explanation for the Russian zombie radiation gun!
No not meant to be be poking fun, the weapon supposedly exists at least according to the Russians.

The mainstream media is culpable for alot of what's going to happen when tshf. They're been spreading lie upon lie about the unemployment rate for quite awhile now. Does anyone believe the rate is down the way its supposedly told. (7.7%)

( Maybe the sheeple will actually wake up.) Too bad they had to take the rest of us down with them.

Hope everyone is prepared, for whatever happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Good Lord! Might be an explanation for the Russian zombie radiation gun!
No not meant to be be poking fun, the weapon supposedly exists at least according to the Russians.

The mainstream media is culpable for alot of what's going to happen when tshf. They're been spreading lie upon lie about the unemployment rate for quite awhile now. Does anyone believe the rate is down the way its supposedly told. (7.7%)

( Maybe the sheeple will actually wake up.) Too bad they had to take the rest of us down with them.

Hope everyone is prepared, for whatever happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Regards sending waste to space:

Dumb idea #2: Send the nuke waste into space! Yeeehaw, let aliens deal with it.

Do you have any idea how much nuke fuel weighs? 1(ONE) typical spent fuel cask weighs 151tonnes. Do you know what kinda ummmmmph (thrust) you need to send 151 tons into space? The more weight you are sending up the more fuel you need to send it up, the more fuel you are carrying the more weight you have. At a certain point, you reach negative returns... you can't carry enough fuel to reach escape velocity. For comparison, the usual max payload for the space shuttle including crew and toothpaste was about 23 tonnes. Now look at this little fact:

With 134 missions, and the total cost of US$192 billion (in 2010 dollars), this gives approximately $1.5 billion per launch over the life of the program.

Now that includes Nasa's buildings, paperclips and janitors, but most of the cost of a launch is the fuel. FUEL. Now, given your payload, assuming you could even reach escape velocity, which you couldn't, you would need approx 8x

Source

[edit] On second thought, you guys probably weren't serious, all good, I'm probably just coming down from a sugar rush... carry on!

edit on 31-10-2011 by Wertwog because: mini coffee crisp and gummy bears.... ohhh sore belly!

[edit] Maybe the Atlantians will take it. Or send it to Antarctica, nobody lives there anyways...
edit on 31-10-2011 by Wertwog because: anybody got a antacid?

Wert's post on page 1108 of megathread

As for burying it in concrete, the spent fuel still has to be cooled continually for decades and then I can eventually be placed into dry casks for long term (1000 years or so) storage. Even then, these casks will eventually deteriorate to the point of uselessness.

Without knowing the exact composition of the spen fuel it is difficult to determine the temperatures they would reach, but it is hot enough to melt concrete. This would be a very bad thing as there is a lot of ground water under the site in the form of underground streams.

Them you would have an explosion which would turn he entire site Ito a huge crater while all that nastiness would be ejected into the atmosphere.

In short, we are fukushima'd.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Get furiously angry and do something significant about it Americans before its to late, this is a do or die situation if i ever saw one

edit on 24-4-2012 by SL55T0T0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join