It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowards

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm sorry if this seems rude, but look at this part:

-dropped out of school

And this one

-dont want to look for a job

and I especially like this one right here:

- cannot bring myself to improve myself

After all of that, are you really sympathizing?

...*sigh* guess I'm the only one who didn't pay to see this stuff...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

Sorry about your father passing away while you where young.
Did you have any other male roll models as you were growing up?

My old man was pretty tough on me as I grew up,but what he did was insure that I would succeed in life.
I hated him for years,but now I understand the wisdom behind it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

yes i've been told this ever since i can remember.
i've always been the sensitive type.

i'm just a very passive person.
i cant seem to "grow balls".

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Sensitive? Sorry, but sensitive isn't what pays the bills. And sensitive isn't going to solve your problems either, from the looks of it.

By the way, what's all the male role model questions for? My grandpa is one of the most upstanding men I know...in fact, here's what my grandpa would say (he's my role model):

"All this b****ing ain't helpin' ya get a job, son! Improve yourself by makin' some money!"

I support this message.

edit on CMondaypm050551f51America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

hmm, i never thought about it that way, i always assumed i just had to go right to it and either fail or succeed..i never really prepared myself now that i think about it...

i'll try that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am going to assume you just turned 17 or 18.

Are you really this clueless? Most of my friends had more than you by the time they were 15. What took you so long?

Seriously, people, mods...this guy gets no sympathy from me. I had two jobs by the time I was out of high school, and I still managed to graduate. I even improved my social skills in the meantime...not to mention had two dogs.

This guy's sympathy game just boils me right over.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

yeah my dad was like that for the 8 years that i had him. he used to beat me because i was such a "faggot" lol.

he was a men should be manly type of father, so he couldnt accept that i was so feminine.. so i killed him.. lol jk. though i did play a major role in his death, he was a bit of a drunk.

he was the only male role model in my life, i grew up with my mom and 2 sisters.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I still say this is the worst place to look for advice.

Go find a counselor or something. Say you're threatening to commit suicide.

Best help...is professional help, not by a bunch of paranoid ill-informed geeks.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Sensitive? Sorry, but sensitive isn't what pays the bills. And sensitive isn't going to solve your problems either, from the looks of it.

By the way, what's all the male role model questions for? My grandpa is one of the most upstanding men I know...in fact, here's what my grandpa would say (he's my role model):

"All this b****ing ain't helpin' ya get a job, son! Improve yourself by makin' some money!"

I support this message.

edit on CMondaypm050551f51America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

i am well aware of that, which is why i'm looking for some advice.
so thanks for that, i'll try to stop being so sensitive and make some cold money

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

yes, and believe me, i had a future when i was 15 as well, i dont know what happened, even though i was a wimp, i was still well-grounded. I was in gifted classes since 4 grade, i was a star student through middle-school up into my sophomore year, i was well liked, i had friends..I had plans to graduate, get a part-time job and then go to college, start a career in architecture.. but something happened, and i dont recall what. i seem to have become dumber or something. I fell in a hole..cant remember.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So being sensitive is keeping you from making a life for yourself?

Cool story bro.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Cool story bro.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well,you know starchild,when someone hits their lowest point in life and reaches out for advice ,a good kick in the ass is what they need .
But you are not offering any advice,just being basically downright offensive and putting them down .
Tough love is needed here,not abusive belittling .
Guessing you had it pretty tough yourself,but managed to survive.
This young man is asking for advice,yet you give none.
Tell your story.
Share some wisdom.

edit on 23-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Cool story bro.

obviously its not keeping me from making a life for myself but it is holding me back from making decisions that could improve my life.

i have alot of baggage and im trying to find a way to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have an abusive background at the hands of an alcoholic father up until the age of 6, went into foster care for 3 years, after which I was adopted at the age of 9 by two lesbian women. I was great up until...11 years old?

Somehow, everything fell apart from there, leading up to three different institutions before I learned to be myself. Had a socially awkward high school life, moved out (much to my great enjoyment) and bombed college, before heading out into the wild to find out what life was like behind the smoke and mirrors illusion of society.

That's the background of my story. I admit, I didn't make a lot of great decisions...looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, on to this wizard guy (forgot the username). Your concern is that after finally coming of age, you have discovered that you really haven't gone far with your life.

Repeating what I said before: positive attitude makes a difference. And even when you're the sensitive type (pfft. I'm sensitive and I'm making a difference for myself...and coming here to ATS with my midlife [early-life] crisis would just underline my failures) you can still have a life.

First of all, get a job. Go out, say hi to somebody, mention that you are looking for employment, tell them what you're good at, ask them to get the word out. Lots of connections and friends = lots of ground covered. If you want to make it easier, go get a GED (it's surprisingly easy) and then go out and apply for jobs, and talk to people.

Dogs...that's a personal problem. The lights too. If you haven't noticed, I haven't said anything about those up until now because, contrary to popular belief, I'm not a complete douche and I understand some people have phobias and get uneasy around animals sometimes.

If you want to make a difference for yourself, make a list (as I said before) of all the things you don't like about yourself. Don't include the physical or personality things...that's small stuff. People who are worth being around won't give a rat's hindquarters about that. Start with employment, animal association, handling dark places, getting a diploma, etc. Make an outline of how to get past each thing. Make a plan for each one. Pick one to start with, and if you feel brave, try doing two or three at a time. I guarantee you'll see yourself becoming better at life as you advance.

What else...detachment from people. The world isn't so scary if you go up to someone and ask what book they're reading, or maybe try some poetry on them, or just discuss the weather. Conversations happen very easily...I have them every day. I used to talk to no one at all, and now I talk to almost everyone. I see people I know every day, and I ask how they're doing and what they've been up to. It's the easiest thing in the world...and people like a guy who's sensitive. It's a "can I trust this guy?" thing.

There. I gave you the best advice I can give from a difficult life that is still ongoing...and as I said:

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I still say you should man up a little. That helps everything out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

ooo i was looking into that a few months ago, it sounded like something i'd enjoy, but i think you have to be a member of a tribe to do it..maybe i could sneak it or something lol..

or i could just do it on my own

You don't have to be a Native American to do it but you DO need a guide, a person experienced with Vision quests who can make sure you don't injure yourself while doing it. There is a festival of primitive tech types down in Georgia every year called Rivercane (It's going on right now). That might be a good place to find someone if you are truly interested.

Here's a link:
www.primitiveskills.org...
edit on 23-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

see, thats alot better, now i know a little bit more about you and you gave me some great advice.

thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

that looks really interesting, thanks for the link, i'll definitely give this a try

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thank you for that.
For sharing,that is.
You didn't have to do that.

Many different situations that people go through growing up,some easy,some not.
And it depends on the individual on how they deal with that.
Warlock,hopefully you will find the courage to find your way.
I was lost around that age as most are,but you will.

I had a live in girlfriend murdered in our apartment when I was 19 years old.
I managed to survive .
Life throws crap out at you all the time.
Life goes on.
Become stronger,lift yourself up and move on.
It gets better.

edit on 23-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Your blaming yourself for something that is out of your control. I can understand that you have faced some hardships in your life, but what you need to understand is that during your lowest moments, that is when you are closest to our father. Do not look at these events as a way to bring you down, but instead as a way to build you up. The life experiences that you have endured at such a young age tell me that God had great things in store for you, the events that have taken place came to pass for a reason. Do not look at the hardships as a downfall, but more as ascent, these events have transpired to teach you a lesson. Find the beauty in the suffering you have endured and you will also find God. These events happen for a reason, take adavantage of what God has placed before you, for it is definite that he has faith in you to endure. Embrace what has happened to you and understand that through all of your hardships you are never alone, for our Father is always there. When he trims something out of our lives it is not to stunt our growth, but to allow the perfect love and perfect light in to allow us to grow. It is often that the events that are hardest to comprehend and sustain are also the very incidents that allow us understanding and growth. Recognize the value of yourself and soon to follow will be the reason.

PLPL

Do not view the trials and tribulations as a burden, but as a blessing, free yourself from what binds you to the negative and embrace the unconditional love that comes from above.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join