It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul IS BEATING Romney/ The media LIES! Watch This!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Well, I'm asking a sincere question. Hearing his video doesn't answer it. I'm looking at the actual process and procedure for electing a President. I'm reading the steps, numbers required and process that is simply the law for how this works. In looking at that and despite Dr Paul's optimism, I see no way under our system and within the laws of our nation that he can, at this stage, win. I simply see no viable path, of any sort, period.

I was hoping you did and despite the evident lack of it, and could explain how this can work. He might gain far more support at this stage if it was just the media saying he can't win and not the very rules and structure of the entire process at this point.

Now I see the Contention as an avenue...but if newt is dropping as the headlines today suggest, there isn't much left to contend. Romney has the numbers and Paul has nothing remotely close to what would be required to throw it into a floor fight in August. He COULD run as an independent, as his Hail Mary to win, but he personally said he would NOT do that and said it THIS cycle. Therefore, even if I were open to voting for him as an indie (Which I would have been) he's painted himself into a corner on that one that he can't get back out of without breaking his own word. That is what makes him popular. He doesn't break his word...ever..from what I can tell of his record.

So... Those are the two extreme remote options..and neither are really viable for the reasons listed. I agree our country is probably seeing the last fork in the road we'll ever get before collapse is imminent and a question of time.

I WANT Dr. Paul elected....I absolutely do. I simply cannot see ANY way that can happen.

Enlighten me and give everyone like me a reason to rethink the position and come back to the Paul camp. Heck..all I need is a viable POSSIBLE path. Dr. Paul wasn't favored when I was at his rally and I was doing other things in support..that didn't stop me. It wasn't until his chances, by the law and our system, dropped to ZERO...that I've accepted it isn't happening. If THAT is in error..and he DOES have a chance..just show me. Please.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by XPLodER

...but the fact is that Ron Paul's support is a very small minority...they are very dedicated and passionate...but they are a very small group. All data supports this.

Cite your source, (and not the MSM). Seems like BEING there and capturing it on video is a decent source to me.... I kinda feel like even though you may agree that Romney is the same as BarryO in a woolie blanket (and you may not even like either), that majority of the older generation is impervious to noticing that? So, they would vote for him anyway? Defies my sense of logic, and I think may insult their intelligence.

I really am tired of the mass media... it saddens me. I'm not even a citizen of the US, but living here and having served in the US Air Force, Ron Paul gives me a sense of pride and patriotism I haven't had in a long time.

dA.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, I'm asking a sincere question. Hearing his video doesn't answer it. I'm looking at the actual process and procedure for electing a President. I'm reading the steps, numbers required and process that is simply the law for how this works. In looking at that and despite Dr Paul's optimism, I see no way under our system and within the laws of our nation that he can, at this stage, win. I simply see no viable path, of any sort, period.

I was hoping you did and despite the evident lack of it, and could explain how this can work. He might gain far more support at this stage if it was just the media saying he can't win and not the very rules and structure of the entire process at this point.

Now I see the Contention as an avenue...but if newt is dropping as the headlines today suggest, there isn't much left to contend. Romney has the numbers and Paul has nothing remotely close to what would be required to throw it into a floor fight in August. He COULD run as an independent, as his Hail Mary to win, but he personally said he would NOT do that and said it THIS cycle. Therefore, even if I were open to voting for him as an indie (Which I would have been) he's painted himself into a corner on that one that he can't get back out of without breaking his own word. That is what makes him popular. He doesn't break his word...ever..from what I can tell of his record.

So... Those are the two extreme remote options..and neither are really viable for the reasons listed. I agree our country is probably seeing the last fork in the road we'll ever get before collapse is imminent and a question of time.

I WANT Dr. Paul elected....I absolutely do. I simply cannot see ANY way that can happen.

Enlighten me and give everyone like me a reason to rethink the position and come back to the Paul camp. Heck..all I need is a viable POSSIBLE path. Dr. Paul wasn't favored when I was at his rally and I was doing other things in support..that didn't stop me. It wasn't until his chances, by the law and our system, dropped to ZERO...that I've accepted it isn't happening. If THAT is in error..and he DOES have a chance..just show me. Please.

As I read it Romney has 698 Delegate votes. There are still 1155 votes left to grab, not including the 260 votes of
Santorum that are up for grabs and 160 for Newt when he drops out. There is only 1144 votes needed to gain the nomination. By my math this it's not over yet. Not unless you know of some other math yet undiscovered that is how he has a chance. Maybe I'm wrong but I was just reading the numbers. Not to mention all the voter fraud coming to light. Dr. Paul is even further ahead then this poll shows. I find it weird you want Ron Paul so bad but are willing to give up on him just because of major media. It's people like you who say "he can't win so I'll vote for someone else" that are problem.

LINK
edit on 24-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Not even close. While Romney is a joke, there is no real binding delegate count, but you can rest assured they ain't gonna vote for Paul.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I appreciate the reply. I'm hearing about the electoral college enough in my college class this semester to know the figures without even looking. I didn't know the current numbers for the RNC at the moment, so I looked. Lets see.. as of this afternoon and before tonight's finish results..

138 to Newt

72 to Paul

678 to Romney.

That is what is currently shown as assigned to them. There are, as of now, 1125 up for grabs. The number needed to win the nomination above what is already spoken for?

1006 needed for Newt

1072 needed for Paul

466 needed for Romney

I hear ya on the fact that...in blind numbers on a digital screen....Paul could..in theory... get 1072 of the remaining 1125 available. It would essentially require a blow out of every single remaining race, at every level and without a single failure or screw up of a major area. Not one. Romney, naturally, would have to outright lose every area in equal measure.

So.. Okay... You got me. I suppose for another few hours, technically in the strictest sense of for the more literal count of numbers...it's still possible, I'd wager even that radical outside sliver is gone in a few hours...but we'll see.

RNC Delegate Numbers
edit on 24-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Go back to your chart and tell me what is written under Notes, directly below the map?

Here i will bring it over for all to see:

NOTES

• This interactive feature only tracks CNN's estimate of delegates in states that have held contests.
• For the full CNN delegate estimate, visit the Republican Party scorecard.

Lets now play the word counting game, how many times do you see the word estimate? Twice!

And now what does estimate mean?

es·ti·mate/ˈestəˌmāt/
Verb:
Roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.

Yep, still no concrete numbers, good try though

edit on 24-4-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think the best thing to do now, is simply wait and see. we are all arguing, fighting, and bickering over who's right when even the people in charge of the information cant even tell you an accurate number. the dust will settle soon enough and we will all get to see who Obummer is up against in November

Oh and obviously go out and vote for Ron Paul if you still can, I know I will in NC even though he isnt doing much campaigning here. I think we are a winner take all state and he needs to primarily keep to his strategy and work on the unbound states.

Oh and for what its worth, I have seen multiple Ron Paul signs along with all of our local politicians' signs. Not one single sign for any other candidate, the only exception has been a few O12 stickers, and heck Newt even came through town a week ago, still no signs for his sorry A$$
edit on 24-4-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dr Paul should run as an Independant. As the USA doesn't have voter ID laws, I'll come down from Canada to vote for him.

An Independant Ron Paul would draw massive support away from Republicans and SOME support away from Democrats, but only the smart voters who actually pay attention to the issues.

Unfortunately, there are too many sheep out there who continue to vote the same way every time, and don't care a hoot about the issues.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey all ATS´s

I am from Denmark. and i have been following alot of different topics over time. ( +100 ) but the point is that

Ron Paul Had me from the begining. never ones have I seen or heard any bad things about him. no sorry

that not true. i have heard and seen on Ats bad things about Ron. U are all saying that he is no where to be seen in the Evening News but he did in Denmark.

Come on foks.

nah just messing ( if any did see footbal
, sorry back to topic ) Around.

And this is where i get MAD. and that has also let me too made a account on a Danish news paper too write about This Topic asps ( funny it saids to verify Email and Phone. have done both and still cant make a thread like here :/.

Where i get mad is when a Danish News reporter "live from USA" ( WOW not......
i feel like ATS is the Real LIVE from USA, News before any danish news +1 from me. All ats keep up the
good work. )

Then The News reporter Talks About Ron Paul In like what 5-10 sec. ABout " he is completely gone and crasy, and will never have a chance again the 4 others REP at the time. and THAT is all i have heard about Ron Paul in the Danish News. just too end about the news reporter, he did talk back to the station alot about the 4 others in like 10 min, but only 10 sec about Ron Paul. just a Loniee.

and I try too keep up with the News.

2rd.

I follow alot off News. WE here in denmark have never had a live 24/7 radio, before a few mouths ago. ( 5-6md)
we got the first 24/7 live talk Radio ( NO music unless it is related too the talk )

Danish Site Use googles tranlate : This Link
and there is 2-3 about Foreing Contry and Globus USA. ( there is a woman who has been in the USA in 5-7 years) and She never Talks about Ron Paul. but of all them Live shows I have listen too. they never said anything about Ron Paul..

But I have a personal problem with " me calling live Radio" to talk about the Ron paul Problem. that no dane cares about ( and will think that i am lony (cant spell help) Lony = a crasy person ).

and Becoming the Highligthed One ( 15min of fame Not me ). but i am trying to come out off the Shadows like many. ( childhood problems, parents, losing all best friends) Like writings all this is a small step on the road.

Then to Tell all that we have a Long way ahead. I think we are only MAX 100-1000 People in denmark who know the real Ron paul and Nobody the ells in denmark does and don't care unless IF the TV ( NEWS ) SAYS IT:!!!!!!!!!!

Where some of them are here watching. and only few are members. .

IF i did´t say it load, I LOVE RON PAUL.
and Think he would be the Best one fore a OWG.

i Personaly Think that he alone, would be able to save USA and the World. He has so much Wisdom and Knowlegde that all the worlds contrys are missings. and No media is sharings his So Much Loving Person. who can people talk bad about Ron Paul

edit on 24-4-2012 by kadara_dk because: Left out the must importen stuff, my love to Ron Paul. From Mads Denmark. Peace over and Love Ron Paul OUT

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I appreciate the reply. I'm hearing about the electoral college enough in my college class this semester to know the figures without even looking. I didn't know the current numbers for the RNC at the moment, so I looked. Lets see.. as of this afternoon and before tonight's finish results..

138 to Newt

72 to Paul

678 to Romney.

That is what is currently shown as assigned to them. There are, as of now, 1125 up for grabs. The number needed to win the nomination above what is already spoken for?

1006 needed for Newt

1072 needed for Paul

466 needed for Romney

I hear ya on the fact that...in blind numbers on a digital screen....Paul could..in theory... get 1072 of the remaining 1125 available. It would essentially require a blow out of every single remaining race, at every level and without a single failure or screw up of a major area. Not one. Romney, naturally, would have to outright lose every area in equal measure.

So.. Okay... You got me. I suppose for another few hours, technically in the strictest sense of for the more literal count of numbers...it's still possible, I'd wager even that radical outside sliver is gone in a few hours...but we'll see.

RNC Delegate Numbers
edit on 24-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

You're going only by the number of delegates CONFIRMED and being reported by the MSM.

There are a lot of unconfirmed delegates already spoken for, which aren't included in this count. If it goes to the convention in August, we could be in for a surprise.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You simply cannot see how Ron Paul can be elected because you have clearly fallen prey to the lies and manipulation of the mass media. All of the information, or propaganda I should say, that you have received are based on nothing more than estimates and reckless assumptions.

In fact, I will go so far as to say that only the Fukushima disaster has been more buried than the true success of Ron Paul's campaign. The GOP's only chance to defeat Obama is by nominating Ron Paul, or at the very least handing him the VP spot next to Romney. Course, That would defeat the purpose which is to never elect another puppet, Bankster owned yes man as President of The United States again. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm tired of the young people excuse. To say that young people are too lazy to vote but yet wait in hour long lines for his rallies makes no sense. To say that the reason RP gets googled more is because only young people primarily use the internet is also lame. I think he clearly has a ton of support that is not fairly represented in the polls. Look at the crowds in the video, a lot of the venues (which aren't just campuses btw) show a vast range in age in the crowd.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Paul had a nice buzz going on with him, that has now pretty much fizzled out. Less people are feeling enthusiastic for him, feeling that he will not win, which will just lead to them not vote.

whoops, misread the quote, comment was irrelevent
edit on 24-4-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Luckily because of the internet, More young people vote these days than ever before. So much more knowledge out there than before. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Hi Outkast, I just have two questions for you :

What are the reasons you will vote for Romney?

Is it because Fox told you so?

Peace out.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Romney's only half way to the 1144 delegates required to lock in a win. I also saw on the web today that President Harding went to his convention with a lesser number of delegates than his opponent and pulled off his winning nomination. If Romney doesn't make the magic number, then its all bets off. The real party begins!
My son and I voted this morning in SW Pa. for Paul and each district gets 3 delegates that are unbound. They can vote any way they chose at the Tampa convention. So no one really knows whats going to happen in Tampa till we get there.
All we can do is fight all the way for what we believe in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
All of these websites that are supposedly respectable news outlets are not reflecting the actual delegate count. The caucus states are all mostly estimates, however some of them have in fact allocated at least partially some of their delegates.

Look at THIS

That's the gray lady right there. Supposedly the most bonafide news organization in the universe. Notice Iowa? What's the delegate count there?

check this out

Gee, it would seem that there is a minimum bar at NaziCON 2012 to nominate from the floor. There is also a minimum bar at NaziCON 2012 to have an uncontested election. With 2 months of primaries left to go, I think anything can happen. I think the most likely scenario is a contested convention. Unless, of course, there is some very public and very messy vote promising underhanded looking shizzy, and even at that, RP is still going to crash the party at NaziCON.

Say what you will about the man's policies. He's the only one up there that isn't a condom-banner (santorum) a flip-floppy rich dude (romney) or a fukushima of personal and professional corruption (newt).

Even the Romninator is scared of Ron Paul. TPTB want either Obama or Romney and they're gonna make sure you get that choice no matter what. If they have to RFK Ron Paul in the 2nd vote or whatever and photoshop Rand Paul beating him to death with a pipe iron they'll do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Shoot man, everyone I talk to wants Ron Paul! I have never met a living breathing person who supported Romney.

We love you Ron! The Caucus is stolen, but we can still run independant!

RON PAUL 2012!
edit on 24-4-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
if they dont pick ron paul and he decides to go third party for a run,
both dems and repubs will lose the majority of the votes they need.

if he decided to go third party after not winning the nomination,
he would draw support away from both parties in HUGE NUMBERS

Most states have laws preventing candidates from losing a primary in one party and then getting on the ballot for another.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see the difference between Obama crowds and Romney crowds or lack there of for both men....What do you think these will look like?

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join