It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your oddest experience? Here's one of mine..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
An open question - what is the weirdest, strangest, most out of left-field thing that ever happened to you? Was it that incident that got you interested in conspiracy theories?

One of the weirdest things that happened to me was as follows:

Age 17, just bought a new phone - a Nokia 5210 - remember those? Took it out of the box and peeled off the plastic from the screen. Within an hour of doing so, received a text message from a random number, from somewhere outside the UK. Hadn't shared the number with anyone, not even family, so was a bit surprised to say the least that I was receiving international text messages. Text read:

"Do cowboys jump up and down when they see dolphins with three legs coming out of the sea?"

Tell me that isn't a bit unusual... What about you?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The day I found this site.

That, quite frankly, was the oddest experience of the year.

...what? You don't believe me?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

All I can think is that maybe the AI (Artificial Intelligence) was having a "bad day".
Maybe it meant to say:

How would it feel on the inside of a coffin buried under six feet of soil?

As for my own oddest experience...hmm, I can't really say that anything much has happened to me...yet!
Moving to a new country and vaguely "making it work" is probably about all I could lay claim to.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

most uk mobile companies have a 6 month or so "no use - we recycle the number" rule so more than likely you brought a new phone which had a second hand number and someone who didn't know sent you a message

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Batman showed up during a leisurely visit to the beach and started assaulting people.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

the first couple of UFO's that I saw...

those experience's woke me up to the truth..

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When it seemed like it took 5 minutes to get home from a 40+ minute drive. The illusion of time is a funny thing.

link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

So.... You're saying it could have been a garbled death threat? I'm confused..

link   

Sounds like someone mis-dialed.

My strangest experience happened many years ago when I lived in a house I spent most of my childhood in. Many very odd things happened in this house; shadow people, seeing a little girl dressed in white who answered to the name of Emily (my sister's name but was not my sister), and a reacquiring nightmare about a fire that lasted years, and many experiences with things I can't explain but one of the oddest things was the light orbs.

My sisters and I shared a bedroom on the second floor and the house we lived in use to have an addition because our bedroom had a door that was on one of the walls that lead out to the roof. That's right, just a door that went right off onto the roof, weird right? Anyways, my sisters and I were hanging out on the roof watching the sky but were told to come into the house because it was getting dark. So, into the house we went and we decided to do sky watching from the window in the door in our room. I can't recall the period of time that passed but two orbs of light, no bigger than a basketball came from the sky and weaved around the trees in our yard and came towards our window before disappearing. Let me just tell you, scared the poop out of my siblings and me.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I drove to a country cottage I used to live in - just for nostalgia sake. When I Iived there I used to walk along a road and cross a bridge to get to the nearest large village and pick up a bus to the market town where I worked. But the houses ended there and there was no sign of the road.

I retraced my steps and tried it from the opposite direction. No road and no sign of there ever being one. I came home and researched old maps - which showed the road I used to walk along. A couple of months later I tried again and the road was there. True story.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The oddest experience for me?

Is not ever having an odd experience!

If something has happened that is odd, it wasn't to me, which may be odd in itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ive witnessed some crazy lights in the sky, and I dont believe a word the MSM tells me anymore, I used to watch the news all the time after 9-11, but one day I just stopped its like I just woke up and thought what the hell are these dumb asses talking about, all I can think about, is that they are lieing, or its been twisted for my demographic region of where I live, mostly Republicans. But the craziest thing happened last hunting season when a friend and I were Hunting for deer, and we had been sitting for a few hours, and all of a sudden this Huge black mountain lion or whatever, just jumped out of the tall grass, to the left of where we had spotted some deer on the move, My guess is this thing was out hunting also, and had seen the Deer, but not my freind and I, Crazy, I still cant get that image out of my head, and I never going in the woods, without some kind of selfdefense weapon, Ive never heard of Black mountain lions in the Quachita Mountains of Arkansas.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i was in a group home when i was about 14 and my roommate offered to help me lose my virginity.

it was very odd because he was a very attractive somewhat popular athletic guy and i was a chubby nerd outcast.

of course being the awkward/shy type i denied.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The phone handset might have been new, but the number almost certainly wasn't. Phone numbers are a finite resource. There are a lot of them, for sure, but they are definitely finite. Therefore most companies will "recycle" a phone number that has been out of use for a set time period. I believe most cell companies have a 6 month "out of use" period before a phone number is recycled.

So, lets say, the number went out of use, 6 months passed, and a new SIM was allocated for that phone number, and included in the package with a new handset. That handset shipped to a retailer and sat on the shelf for about 2 months before being bought by you. Then someone not knowing the number now belonged to someone else, sent a SMS to it.

No big mystery really. I still get people calling my landline asking for someone else. By asking them subtle probing questions, I worked out that my number belonged to someone called Caroline, approximately 8 months before it was allocated to me.

Being the semi-romantic I am, I sometimes wonder what happened to "Caroline", that caused her number to go out of use, and become allocated to me. Then another one of those damndest calls arrive asking for her, and its another collections agency... Most aggravating trying to explain and convince them that Caroline doesn't live here, and no I'm not related to her (pulls hair out).
edit on 23/4/2012 by BMorris because: Additional information.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

So.... You're saying it could have been a garbled death threat? I'm confused..

Me too dude/dudette but then I listen to records backwards. There's some crazy stuff out there, not sure about death threats though, so far much talk of Satan and Do It though.
Something about a tool shed too...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Weird... to me it sounds like a coded message like spies use in the movies to identify if they are talking to the right person?

You didn't understand the message therefore you are not a spy

hehehehe I'm joking of course

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Wouldn't know where to start. I think I'm just a magnet for oddness.
I keep thinking I'll write a thread about it one day, but you'll all be dead of radiation or old age before you got to the end of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
An open question... Text read:
"Do cowboys jump up and down when they see dolphins with three legs coming out of the sea?"

Reply: Male Cows Tip Over!

My oddest experience(s) is/are that I keep learning new words that I've never ever knew... and then moments later they mysteriously pop up on me in chats or tv or internet or wherever this life leads...
Always happens.

Also... I broke a rock with a stick once...

Tis I... Pinocchio The Great!
Of Acacia Wood Was I Fashioned. With Sh!ttim For My Thoughts.
Adorned In Fine Gold. BUT! But I Am Not The Ark Of The Covenant!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sounds like super duper secret spy code.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yep sounds like a code...take out all the repeating letters perhaps?

BJF??? : )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join