It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Phenomena Research Team recruits hoaxer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars
Secomd this. DJW001 did a superlative job.

Like 'BIHOTZ' so nicely put it, 'DJW001' did a bad job trying to discredit the case, but as you can see for yourself 'DJW001' did NOT succeed.

The only folks left with any contradicting comments on this matter are the jelly-brained.

How dare you calling 'BIHOTZ' jelly-brain. You are supposed to call yourself that, and not other ATS members. You should instead praise those who remind 'DJW001' that 'DJW001' is doing a bad job trying to discredit the case...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

Let me ask you a question. So what? So what if this case were actually real? The fact that it is so easy to provide a mundane explanation means that the only people who will care are those who already believe in MIB agents. So why waste so much time and effort trying to defend this case?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Let me ask you a question. So what? So what if this case were actually real?

Then it confirm the existence of the MIB's and Tall Whites visiting Earth

The fact that it is so easy to provide a mundane explanation means that the only people who will care are those who already believe in MIB agents.

Are you sure it's only believers who care? I think other people like the ones who are just interested to know the truth also may care.

So why waste so much time and effort trying to defend this case?

Defend? It's not about defending the case, it's about how wrong 'DJW001' is treating this case, 'DJW001' falsely claim the case as hoax when 'DJW001' is not able to prove it, beside 'DJW001' don't know squat about whether the case is a hoax or not a hoax.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The thing is the only real evidence there is is the surveillance video. So, sure they could be actual MIBs. However, most people in the world are going to look at that video and simply see two men in black suits and say, "So what?". As long as there is that other possibility for a mundane answer that's what most people are going to accept. That's why I say that even if this went down exactly as Sovar says the only people who are going to buy into it are the ones' whose world view is confirmed by this video.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Some stand more than 8 feet tall,

Does either of these two gentlemen appear 8 feet tall? If they were, you might have a point. All we have to go on is Shane Sovar's self contradictory story. He got so into embellishing it that he had one of his characters claim that their hair looked "glued on," forgetting that they were wearing hats. Don't waste time trying to prove that you can sometimes see hair poking out from under hats. When people are wearing broad brimmed hats, witnesses notice the hats, not the hair. Why do you think criminals wear baseball hats or hoodies? It was just plain bad storytelling, nothing more.
edit on 25-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wouldn't keep trying to convince certain members as it will just lead to a drawn out although long thread for you(:up
. The only thing you will find is that certain members will argue with you no matter what you prove is a hoax (as in this whole story)and keep arguing with you until something happens and a mod warns you. I know first hand because of this certain thread about an alien base on the moon that was mentioned already. Trust me it isn't worth the headache or the idiot responses you will get.

Other than that great thread. There was something that just didn't seem right about it from the beginning and now we know why. Good job keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You should instead praise those who remind 'DJW001' that 'DJW001' is doing a bad job trying to discredit the case...

The problem with that is that I've done such a good job that Antonio Paris is scared to death to set foot here again. Why isn't he telling his followers on Twitter to come here and see what a ridiculously bad job I've done?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The problem with that is that I've done such a good job that Antonio Paris is scared to death to set foot here again. Why isn't he telling his followers on Twitter to come here and see what a ridiculously bad job I've done?

There goes the club of logic.

Truth is simple.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You know we all should just start tweeting the findings ourselves and see if we can draw them out. Eventually it will get back to them.. I say we make it a trending topic and see where it goes.Somebody will pass it on.
edit on 25-4-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I say we make it a trending topic and see where it goes.Somebody will pass it on.

Í have called both Shane Sovar and Antonio Paris of the Aerial Phenomena Investigations Team liars. Why aren't they threatening to sue me?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I say we make it a trending topic and see where it goes.Somebody will pass it on.

Í have called both Shane Sovar and Antonio Paris of the Aerial Phenomena Investigations Team liars. Why aren't they threatening to sue me?

I submitted a "UFO Report" on his blog and called him every name under the sun. I pointed out this thread, I showed that Google had it highlighted. I emailed Paris. I hit his Facebook, Twitter, I have tried everything to get him to respond --> but my best guess is that he takes one look at the "support" he's gotten here, from whence it came
and one more at the veracity of the thread and elects not to self-suicide.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

DJW...Isn't it true that API sustains itself through donations?

edit on 25-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Anyone want to sue me for libel?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's true...I've just checked for myself. Mr. Sovar has been added to their website as the newest member of API's investigations team.
Bad or Good P.R. move?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Bad or Good P.R. move?

.Fatal.
edit on 25-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
It's true...I've just checked for myself. Mr. Sovar has been added to their website as the newest member of API's investigations team.
Bad or Good P.R. move?

Good move. Why? Aerial Phenom Team is a bunch of hooey, he''ll attract nutcases who will be attracted by stupid hoaxes like Sovar's MiB video.

Idiots of feather....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Applause to you... look at yourselves patting each other on the backs... very good... lol

Many people on this site have been rude and confrontational from the beginning of the original thread on this topic.

reply to post by DJW001

Don't flatter yourself... Why would he waste his time talking to the likes of people that have already made up their mind, and aren't interested in intelligent debate, but rather rude and direct attacks. It's not displaying fear not to want to get drawn into a mud-slinging thread. He most likely felt that nothing productive would come from his investment of time here, and I would tend to agree.

If people had acted with the decorum of Megamind (who was being a reasoned skeptic, asking intelligent questions, without being a douche), he most likely would have come back and contributed to the thread.

In Paris's defense, his report and himself personally never said that it was true, he only reported on the information that was available, without making any real conclusions... which given what seems to have been available is as far as anyone could possibly go. Quite commendable and not deserving of the harsh response that seems to have been directed at him, merely for investigating, reporting and providing footage for people's interest.

reply to post by AlchemicalBinoculars

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars
I submitted a "UFO Report" on his blog and called him every name under the sun. I pointed out this thread, I showed that Google had it highlighted. I emailed Paris. I hit his Facebook, Twitter, I have tried everything to get him to respond --> but my best guess is that he takes one look at the "support" he's gotten here, from whence it came
and one more at the veracity of the thread and elects not to self-suicide.

Regardless of how an individual may feel about a topic, with this type of hounding and obviously confrontational approach, would you respond?... you don't want reasoned discussion, you want to attack and prove that you are the loudest... and thus right... lol... how wrong you are.

If someone treated me and my research this way, I would ignore them and any site they were associated with too.

I have been following this topic since page 1 of the original thread... and guess what?... it was interesting whether true or not. It was better than 90% of the tripe that is trawled out in some of these forums. It had a video, with an interesting (if unproven and fantastical) story to go with it. Multiple reported witnesses (only one of which who was willing to be interviewed and go on record, the others probably didn't want the attention of ATS armchair investigators calling them up and hounding them... I likely would think twice about making an official statement too to avoid being harassed). Plus an investigator who actually looked into the case further was chiming into the debate, it HAD all the makings of a good thread.

That's more than many threads with much less plausible stories and no evidence have, that get much less criticism. Rather than be patient, people spent a weekend getting worked up about it, by the end of which the thread had made its conclusion of Hoax (which was solely based on opinion).

Fine... that's what happens on this site... and is part of the reason many won't take a site like this seriously.

In reality not everyone spends their weekends on ATS... by the Monday when he may have responded, he most likely read the responses, laughed at the infantile behavior, and figured "Why bother?". He than made a post on his twitter about conspiracy sites, which I actually felt was quite justified given his treatment from this site.

In terms of the MiB (if they were real... likely not) wiping the footage, or accosting the witness elsewhere, or wearing better disguises, or some other such, why should they bother and leave possible traces of tampering when people will argue it into the ground anyway. If they were real, this footage in no way has harmed their cause... lol.

In terms of hiring the witness as an investigator, I can imagine at least two plausible reasons why...
1. ATS has generated many hits and direct phone calls/emails as a result of his accounts, and given him some notoriety.. why wouldn't they capitalise on that.
2. To annoy the naysayers from ATS for a laugh just to see the continued infantile responses.

You people have taken an interesting story (with attached video) and beaten it to death rather than state an opinion and move on. You made it personal.

Good work!

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

In terms of hiring the witness as an investigator, I can imagine at least two plausible reasons why...
1. ATS has generated many hits and direct phone calls/emails as a result of his accounts, and given him some notoriety.. why wouldn't they capitalise on that.

How would you know that?
As for decorum, if you review this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you will see that I behave with perfect courtesy and decorum... until Mr. Paris begins to make remarks like these:

First off, thanks for all the comments, both good and bad. Up front, I rarely use this website because it is not considered a serious UFO research resource. The attacks you guys conduct on each other (on this thread) are evidence enough to suggest that most of you are not serious investigators. If you want to help the UFO community, please get trained. Come down to Maryland and I will train you myself in conducting interviews, evidence collection, analytics, and report writing. I can even provide training in radiation detection, soil analysis, and video forensics. Anyway, I did notice a few ATS members are serious and did provide useful information that might advance this interesting case. However, before I end the conversation, here are a few answers to some of the questions you have. I hope this will end some of the speculation:
1. API did not post this video on ATS, we have no idea who did.
2. API did not start this thread. We have no idea who did.
3. Someone from ATS sent me an email saying our video is on ATS.
4. We would never post cases on this website, it is our policy.
5. API is not looking for a TV show. In fact, no one on the team is remotely interested. The extent of our efforts are limited to our site and youtube.
6. The youtube promo video everyone is talking about was for a MUFON meeting a while back. We added the MIB snippet on the promo video for substance -- it was not in hopes of getting a TV spot (LMAO!).
7. We NEVER said these Men in Black were aliens, government agents, or Jews (that was a good one). All we said was they were “unidentified men in black”. We closed the case as “unresolved” because they could not be identified. For all we know this is a prank or a hoax. However, we found no evidence to suggest it was a hoax or not.
8. The witnesses, moreover, do not want any attention.
9. Our investigations are limited to interviews, evidence collection, and analysis. If you read the report, it is unbiased and we mention no speculations, gut feelings, etc.
10. If you are serious and want to assist API, you know what to do.
11. PS ... I got permission to release the entire video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS has no serious investigators? Really? We busted his fraud, didn't we? We need training? Have you read the reports on his pathetic little site? That calculation about turning a building sideways still cracks me up. Objective? Mr. Paris actually took a pathetic little liar on as one of his "investigators." Now: where is the full video? Or was that just another lie?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I followed them on twitter for about a month just to see what the deal was.

It didn't take me long to figure out they are just a bunch of clueless jokers trying to make money !

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I asked if making Mr. Sovar a member of the API team was a good P.R. move or a bad one.
It seems to me that early on in the original thread containing the MiB video, API's youtube hits were embarrassingly small and Mr. Paris' new site hits were probably equally miniscule.

With the addition of ATS discussion on Mr. Sovar's contribution and the ensuing hoax or not hoax debate, all that has changed.

Now, with the addition of Mr. Sovar to the API team, Mr. Paris can expect a second P.R. 'bump' for his site and youtube videos.
On Twitter, Mr. Paris can continue to position and define himself and his organization to his growing number of followers by 'contrasting' both with those other 'hysterical' conspiracy-type websites.

P.R. wise, I don't think Mr. Paris is fiddling around; I think he's playing ATS and it's membership like a Stradavarius!

“I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right.”
― P.T. Barnum

Phase Three for API: Launch Mr. Sovar's complete and original MiB video on youtube.
edit on 26-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: afterthought

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join