It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop Compares Obama to Hitler and Stalin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

As part of a lengthy historical lecture on past attacks on the Catholic church, Jenky claimed that President Obama is following in the footsteps of Adolf Hitler:

"The Church will survive the entrenched corruption and sheer incompetence of our Illinois state government, and even the calculated disdain of the President of the United States, his appointed bureaucrats in HHS, and of the current majority of the federal Senate. . . .

Hitler and Stalin, at their better moments, would just barely tolerate some churches remaining open, but would not tolerate any competition with the state in education, social services, and health care.

...In clear violation of our First Amendment rights, Barack Obama – with his radical, pro abortion and extreme secularist agenda, now seems intent on following a similar path.

As a Catholic, I'm honestly offended by his veiled partisan assertion that all good Catholics must be conservative or Republican and should not remain neutral on certain social issues.

It's ironic too that he compares Obama to Hitler - I think the Bishop has his ideologies all confused. Hitler was pretty darned conservative. LoL! Really though, I guess that's more of a commentary on how oppressive even a liberal administration's version of the Federal government has become.

And, in what should be no surprise to anyone, the Church' tax exempt status is once again being called into question:

www.rawstory.com...

Americans United for Separation of Church and State has filed a complaint with the IRS concerning a Catholic bishop who sparked outrage by comparing President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin...

...Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code prohibits charities and churches from intervening in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate...

...“Bishop Jenky compared Obama to Hitler and Stalin and accused him of pursuing policies that will close Catholic institutions,” Lynn added. “Moments later, he exhorted members of his flock not to vote for candidates who fail to uphold Catholic values. It is impossible to interpret this as anything but a command to vote against Obama.”

It seems pretty clear to me that it was an exhortation against voting for Obama in November.

WSY ATS?

And should it affect the Church's tax exempt status?

edit on 23/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is funny because the church did not speak out against Hitler or Nazism while the Holocaust was taking place. Irony? I think so.

The difference between Obama and Hitler, and this is huge, is that Obama is part of the process; he's not spearheading the movement to a Nazi-like state, he's simply facilitating it. Obama is a puppet; Hitler was no puppet.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There will be a lot of people saying that the priest is exercising his right to free speech as a person. I would have to disagree with this when he is on the pulpit he is acting as a representative of the church not himself. So if a church wants to push their religious agenda into politics then that church should lose their tax free status.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
the church did not speak out against Hitler or Nazism while the Holocaust was taking place.

Well .. yes and no. They weren't to draw down fire from the Nazi's upon themselves
but at the same time, they saved almost a million people from Hitlers regime.
Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust

The Israeli consul, Pinchas E. Lapide, in his book, Three Popes and the Jews (New York: Hawthorn Books, Inc., 1967) critically examines Pope Pius XII. According to his research, the Catholic Church under Pius XII was instrumental in saving 860,000 Jews from Nazi death camps (p. 214). Could Pius have saved more lives by speaking out more forcefully? According to Lapide, the concentration camp prisoners did not want Pius to speak out openly (p. 247). As one jurist from the Nuremberg Trials said on WNBC in New York (Feb. 28, 1964), "Any words of Pius XII, directed against a madman like Hitler, would have brought on an even worse catastrophe... [and] accelerated the massacre of Jews and priests." (Ibid.) Yet Pius was not totally silent either. Lapide notes a book by the Jewish historian, Jenoe Levai, entitled, The Church Did Not Keep Silent (p. 256). He admits that everyone, including himself, could have done more. If we condemn Pius, then justice would demand condemning everyone else. He concludes by quoting from the Talmud that "whosoever preserves one life, it is accounted to him by Scripture as if he had preserved a whole world." With this he claims that Pius XII deserves a memorial forest of 860,000 trees in the Judean hills (pp. 268-9). It should be noted that six million Jews and three million Catholics were killed in the Holocaust.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
It seems pretty clear to me that it was an exhortation against voting for Obama in November.

Of course it is. Obama is working against the Catholic church, it's outreach programs, and what it stands for. so naturally the Catholic church is going to punch back. I mean ... really ... DUH!

That being said, Obama isn't Hitler. Not even close. And O-bots are waking up to what Obama really is so there is probably no danger of them falling for him like the Germans fell for Hitler. Four years ago it looked like people were bamboozled enough to do it ... but not now (THANK GOODNESS!).

top topics

join