It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When aliens find the ruins of our civilization, they'll think we worshiped....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
So true

This picture is a gross misrepresentation of the things we've built in the last 200 years >_>

Agreed. Although I get the point this sentiment is horribly misrepresented here.

On topic - I just think that our civilization has documented so much in so many different ways that if they looked closely at our civilization it would become very clear what was actually happening in our lifetime. That being said if all that survives our civilization is a shoe, a pet rock, and an old jerky boys record, who knows what they will think.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by MCJustJ

So true

This picture is a gross misrepresentation of the things we've built in the last 200 years >_>

Agreed. Although I get the point this sentiment is horribly misrepresented here.

On topic - I just think that our civilization has documented so much in so many different ways that if they looked closely at our civilization it would become very clear what was actually happening in our lifetime. That being said if all that survives our civilization is a shoe, a pet rock, and an old jerky boys record, who knows what they will think.

actually it's not really that far off

there is precedent

the kitchen midden culture
en.wikipedia.org...

The Ertebølle culture (ca 5300 BC-3950 BC) (Danish pronunciation: [ˈæɐdəˌbølə]) is the name of a hunter-gatherer and fisher, pottery-making culture dating to the end of the Mesolithic period. The culture was concentrated in Southern Scandinavia, but genetically linked to strongly related cultures in Northern Germany and the Northern Netherlands. It is named after the type site, a location in the small village of Ertebølle on Limfjorden in Danish Jutland. In the 1890s, the National Museum of Denmark excavated heaps of oyster shells there, mixed with mussels, snails, bones and bone, antler and flint artifacts, which were evaluated as kitchen middens (Danish køkkenmødding), or refuse dumps. Accordingly the culture is less commonly named the Kitchen Midden. As it is approximately identical to the Ellerbek culture of Schleswig-Holstein, the combined name, Ertebølle-Ellerbek is often used. The Ellerbek culture (German Ellerbek Kultur) is named after a type site in Ellerbek, a community on the edge of Kiel, Germany.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think they will conclude that we worshiped imaginary gods, just like every other bunch of blips that didn't make it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
wasn't that the premise for a roger waters album?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

So true

Imagine the pyramid we could build on the moon with the decreased gravity. Less weight to contend with, less structural stress.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

....... snookie

........ lindsay lohan

at least that's what i'm writing in my time capsule.

viva la vida lohan!

-subfab

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join