It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and the new war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
yes there is a thread that deals with the words of North Korea as seen here www.abovetopsecret.com... This Thread will however will deal as it could be threat of action.

Why we still think it will be Iran/Syria vs Israel/ West, Korea is still a war zone, one that at any given time could become a war again. So let say North Korea does some how mange too, with out a shot being fired, take over South Korea! How will we the west take that, and, what in your view dose it or would it mean to you. Or will the South take it as an act of war and be this first to shoot? i ask that this be civil , polite and open mined any thing could happen china could make the first move by saying North Korea has the right to seek in any form, a unity Korea.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well this is why the Iran/Israel conflict is crucial to WW3; if America is dragged into war with Russia, our policing force in other nations will deteriorate and countries like North Korea could easily take this opportunity to conquer South Korea.

One thing is certain, however; WW3, if it continues to progress in this direction, will be the death of Israel. It does not matter how much damage Israel inflicts on its enemies, it is a rather small, isolated state and has developed a rather awful reputation for itself amongst its Arabic neighbors.

This being said, I don't understand why Israel's government is pursuing war with Iran so vigorously.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

The Iran/ Israeli war will be a defensive action, not that it matters who strikes who first.
The Korea war will be a renewed war, one that has not ended but is a cease fire war, as it too could be a defensive action. The South could say "we will strike first" as the North's words could be taken as an act of war.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
it will be iran who strikes first if the us keeps giving away israli secrets on the msm an n korea just wants attition so somone will give them a bone just want hand outs so they act stuped to make people worrie so they will give in to there needs there wimpy little poor communist who need to be wiped away like a bad underwhear stain

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So let say North Korea does some how mange too, with out a shot being fired, take over South Korea!

I would say you have never seen the DMZ or a modern military line of defense.
But hey, thats just me talking now!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I didnt think there was ever a peace pact between north and south Korea? From what i recall they have been at a state of 'war' for what? 40 years? There is most certainly a cease fire in place

Anyhow IF there was a break in the cease fire I'd suggest it would be the north, America wont intervene in that instance, its quite possible China, Japan and Russia would bounce in.

The relations between China and the North have been strained with the missile lauch(es), and testing of atomic weapons (AKA posturing), and i believe the Russians sided with the US on the last batch of sancations (With China coming to the table late in the game.

However its the Japanese who are getting mostly peeved when they started firing missiles into the sea of japan which almost caused the JSDF to be dispanded and the Japanese Military to be re-formed. For the unitiated the JSDF Or Japanese Self-Defence Force is purely for self defense as mandated by their constitution after WW2. There is clause for the JSDF to be dispanded to become the Japanese Military again if their nation is threatened.

Why is this a problem? Becuase there is no 'real' offensive military i dont think any nation has paid attention to what they have been building over there tbh, i suspect they will be a sleeping giant.

The above is IMO only.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

your right never been to the DMZ, in today's way of warfare lines are just that lines , think out side of the box and see how one could take over a country, with no shot being fired, all one has to do is take over the leader ship. could the north have in the south, one poised to move in and be voted in?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

as you say "imo" but it is a good one, yes Korea is a sleeping giant , and you are right it is a cease fire a stale mate, if you only knew how many times it could have been a hot war, in the last 40 years. missile tests and nuke test, are news makers the rest of the time is not news worthy for it happens almost every day.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Spruk

as you say "imo" but it is a good one, yes Korea is a sleeping giant , and you are right it is a cease fire a stale mate, if you only knew how many times it could have been a hot war, in the last 40 years. missile tests and nuke test, are news makers the rest of the time is not news worthy for it happens almost every day.

It was in reference to Japan to be honest.

The Korea's have always been a powderkeg, however with the global politics as it stands it would be ill advised for the North to kick up dust in the souths face. Pretty much China and Russia will quell any attempt to start a war (would be China more than Russia). See the last nuke tests the North did, and the talks to which China and Russia both pretty much slapped the north over the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Why the MSM dont report on it, is because its a case of "oh god the north is at it again, no one cares unless someone actually shoots the other guy."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What is Korea supposed to fight with. Only reason there is a N. Korea is nobody wants to annex it, not even south korea.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was thinking of making a thread about this; behindthewall.nbcnews.com... from the link

A strongly worded editorial in China's state-run Global Times newspaper Wednesday called on Beijing to get tough with Pyongyang if it conducts a nuclear test.

"If North Korea insists on a third nuclear test despite attempts to dissuade it, it must pay a heavy price," the paper said. It called on China to cut economic aid to the struggling country as punishment.
but put it here instead, now if DPRK does go and do a test What will China do? Spank the little brat DPRK by sanctions?by Mil force? or is this all talk to peas the US?

Some believe the U.S., Japan and South Korea are attempting to foment discord between China and North Korea," the editorial warned. "Such a trap may be real, but China shouldn't be taken hostage by North Korea's extreme actions in order to avoid such a trap."
after all this is just a papers thinking

The Global Times, a hard-line state-owned newspaper, has long taken a strong nationalist bent in its opinions, which while tacitly allowed by state censors, does not always reflect the official position of the government.
the question remains what will china do?

top topics

join