It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the King James Bible and the New Testament, and the Forgery, and Pagan influences in

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ohhh boy did you just open a can of worms.

I don't know much but one thing I have learned in my time here on the God forsaken rock is to never question people's brainwashing. People have a right to live in ignorance and here you come along with your thread making all kinds of sense.

People aren't going to know WHAT to think!

At least put a disclaimer on it.

"Warning, this thread has the potential to totally change everything you thought you knew about your entire religion and could totally dismantle your worldview as well as uproot your deeply held firmly planted belief system"

err sumthin' along those lines.

Seriously, Christians get pissed at this sort of Herassy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This thread is honestly garbo compare to all road lead to rome, now this guy is just a bitter, biting off protoplasmictraveler. I hurdle through proto challenges, he didn't allow Dead sea scrolls and essenic sect to be brought up in his thread

edit on 24-4-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
This thread is honestly garbo compare to all road lead to rome, now this guy is just a bitter, biting off protoplasmictraveler. I hurdle through proto, he didn't allow Dead sea scrolls and essenic sect to be brought up in his thread

HU?

edit on 24-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... probably the only greatest thread on ats

btw if u dont know what I just explained in my post, maybe you shouldn't be here

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by autowrench

You say edited; this much is almost a given. I have virtually no doubt that some sort of revision took place. However...

I would ask that you specify to what degree Francis Bacon "edited" the Bible, according to your allegation.
edit on CTuesdayam010121f21America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: I felt like it.

Sadly, I am afraid you will have to raise Bacon from the dead to find that out, or perhaps a Medium? I am neither a Necromancer or a Medium, so you are on your own. That is the mystery here, what exactly did Bacon edit? Beings as we have no originals, thanks to the Church, all we have is what we have. There does exist several 1611 versions, but...are these before, or after the edit? And I dare say the British Museum would allow you to read their copy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
www.historian.net... Oldest New Testament

P52 In 1920, Bernard Greenfell acquired some papyri in Egypt. Among them were some small fragments. Many libraries around the world that concern thelselves with ancient writings have large collections of these small shards of papyrus. This 2.5 by 3.5 inch papyrus shatd rested in the collection of the Johm Rylands Library at Manchester, England until 1934 when a Fellow of St. John's College at Oxford, C. H. Roberts, began sorting through them. Roberts picked up the fragment and immediately recognized the few Greek lines on the recto (front) and verso (back) as being parts of the Gospel of John 18:31-33 and 37-38 respectively. He must have been very excited since he immediately published "An Unpublished Fragment of the Fourth Gospel in the John Rylands Library," Manchester, 1935 which appeared in the Bulletin of the John Rylands Library xx, 1936, pp 45-55. The Paleography (study of ancient writing styles) dated the fragment to the time of Hadrian (117 - 138 CE) within 20 years of the composition of the Greek "First Edition" of the Gospel by its author. The Gospel was written in Ephesus by the "Elder John" recorded by the early church historians to be the last living disciple of Jesus. I am of the opinion that this John was one of the "seventy" and not Jesus' young cousin and disciple John but may have been a disciple, after the crucifixion, of the son of Zebedee. I am also of the opinion that the "Elder John" constructed the first form of the Gospel of John around his translation of an original Aramaic narrative by John the disciple and that original narrative was a very early composition, perhaps even pre-dating Mark! I think this original narrative, which did not contain the highly theological and Christological aspects of the Canonical John, remains imbedded in the present Fourth Gospel. I have been working on restoring the original Aramaic narrative, "proto-John," if you will, and plan to post the results on this site when completed. It is unfortunate that P52 is but a small fragment and not useful as a witness to the form of the Fourth Gospel in it's "First Edition." If it were a complete gospel it could tell us much about the later redactions and interpolations to the canonical John. It is significant, however, in that it is a witness that the Gospel of John existed in the very early second century. Its discovery in Egypt, so far from the site of its original composition (Ephesus or Antioch) may also be evidence that the Gospel had been around for quite a while, certainly enough time to have been disseminated among Christians in other parts of the Roman World.

this is the earliest peice, not 400 years after j.c and we also have a supposed earlier piece founbd as well.

You are also wrong of christianity being predominantly all men religion. Before men hijacked chrisanity into the religion it is now (thank you paul :/) Christianity was being worshiped solely (majority) of women. Not men, women embraced it far more than men did at the time as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
DP

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by autowrench

You say edited; this much is almost a given. I have virtually no doubt that some sort of revision took place. However...

I would ask that you specify to what degree Francis Bacon "edited" the Bible, according to your allegation.
edit on CTuesdayam010121f21America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: I felt like it.

Sadly, I am afraid you will have to raise Bacon from the dead to find that out, or perhaps a Medium? I am neither a Necromancer or a Medium, so you are on your own. That is the mystery here, what exactly did Bacon edit?

You have no evidence that Bacon edited the bible but, of course, you believe that Bacon edited the bible.

Got it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Are you kidding me? Then why do we need parents? Why do we need teachers? Why haven't we evolved to the point where we don't need to make mistakes anymore? We've supposedly gone 50,000 years and still don't innately know that fire burns when you touch it? Seriously?

Stay tuned, all of this will be explained in a new post on the Afterlife, the Other Side as it is called. No point arguing with you, that great big sword symbol in your avatar says it all, see the link in my sig.

She handled the situation wrong. I'm sure you think all Christians are like that now?

No, please stop trying to read my mind, and put words in my mouth. She was a mind controlled and thoroughly brainwashed person who thinks anyone not an on their knees in supplication Christian Fundamentalist, we have a lot of them around here. You are either with them, or against them. They all have "Jesus Saves" bumper stickers and Jesus fish emblems on their cars. These people will cross the street to keep from passing to close to anyone not in their little blood cult. That was her.
It may surprise you, but I have friends who are Christians. And Buddhists, and two Muslims.

I am far from perfect too, and as for being a "sinner", I do not worship the God Sin, so that one escapes me.

The Bible condemns no one to Hell, neither does God.

According to Christianity, if you deny the Holy Spirit and refuse to accept Jesus (Yeshua) as your Lord and Saviour - you are going to burn in Hell for all eternity. I have had many, many Christians tell me I am going straight to Hell.

What about these verses?
Isaiah 24:21, "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth."

Psalms 37:20, "But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away."

Malachi 4:1, "For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch."

John 15:6, "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

I have a good friend who is Gay. this man was a Christian, went to Church, tithed, the whole shebang. Until someone "outed" him to the Church. According to him, first they tried to pray the homosexuality out of him, but anyone with any sense knows that never works, then these Good, loving, God fearing people asked him to leave and never come back again. Then, the Preacher called up the other Church's and told them about it. The poor man is now so depressed, I told him to move to another city and again hide his sexual orientation from everyone. How is this being like Jesus?

Yes, the Bible does condemn us to Hell, but the intelligent people know God didn't write any books, men did.

If you want to talk about logic and evidence-based reasoning, at least get your facts straight about what Christianity is actually about.

That sounds like an ORDER. Was that an order? I do not respond well to those, unless they come straight from Command. And you ain't Command.

U.S. Constitution: Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well, try asking questions, instead of posting quotes from websites, and I will answer you as honestly as humanly possible. Of course, you many not like the answers. Think before you ask.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Manuscript Evidence for Ancient Writings Author Written Earliest Copy Time Span # Mss.
Caesar 100-44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,000 yrs 10
Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,200 yrs 7
Thucydides 460-400 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,300 yrs 8
Tacitus 100 A.D. 1100 A.D. 1,000 yrs 20
Suetonius 75-160 A.D. 950 A.D. 800 yrs 8
Homer (Iliad) 900 B.C. 400 B.C. 500 yrs 643
New Testament 40-100 A.D. 125 A.D. 25-50 yrs 24,000

www.godandscience.org...

Their were more copies of NT than Homers (lliad) by 25 years

additional if bias

carm.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Jordan River

Well, try asking questions, instead of posting quotes from websites, and I will answer you as honestly as humanly possible. Of course, you many not like the answers. Think before you ask.

Well, honestly its a double standard when your threead is constructed by the same rule of thumb, isn't?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So great it got closed for ????

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalBinoculars

It's being reviewed, cause it is really big,. Wow you must be a newb, read the last post on it

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It's being reviewed, cause it is really big,. Wow you must be a newb, read the last post on it

It's been in review since 22-3-2012

Uh, guess what. It's deader than a doornail.

Signed,

Newb Who Just Kicked Your Can

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

[

It's been in review since 22-3-2012

as far as the subject matter, it's basicly a far more fleshed out version of this thread, the OP proto got kicked out for some reason, but the thread has 607 flags, I believe.... and numerous stars. it basically saids the same thing autowrench, except autowrench is highlighting other areas, but it is far better. did u even read it? at least a portion of it, i would suggest to get the feel of it

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

I wholeheartedly agree! The truth of the matter was not only hidden, the Church destroyed it all, according to what I have learned. So we will never know, unless, we all find out when the Earth cycles Herself. I happen to know a great many profound things have happened, all through history, but few are privy to any of it. And sadly, TPTB, the Church, would rather see it destroyed than to have people see them as liars and charlatans.

You are being fooled into believing the Church is the Roman Catholic Church, but it's not and they have not destroyed much of anything. They have controlled the history of the western world for a very very long time but they are not the Church. As I said above, the RCC just usurped the history of the church, called it its own and kept you from learning anything about what happened east of barbarianville (western Europe).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just believe that rome hijacked christianity, (cause they did) women were praying in private homes until rome go their claws on it and used it to their advantage

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join