It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71 (and especially this bit):

Before that it was 1594, then algebra then advent (or something similar, I didn't write it down ) and now at
4:43 pm CST
Greece.

First thanks to IAMTAT for starting this thread. Most interesting stuff. Once you got onto the quake prediction angle I got even more interested as it's one of my main areas of interest. However as I only found this thread today I didn't want to post until I'd read it through.

(Just a note: what follows is a bit long and I apologise for that, but I feel a bit of detail about some potential quake regions might be useful here. My own humble opinions might not be, but I'll offer them anyway.
)

Now, on to Darkblade71's post: I suspect that Greece might have come in simply because that country has been in real turmoil since its elections last weekend; they have been struggling to cobble a government together and if things don't get sorted p.d.q. they'll be in very bad economic straits. I'm suggesting this angle because not all things that are earth-shaking have to be literal and your question might have led some answers that way. Granted, it could be literal. More on that shortly.

However, I'm very interested in that 1594 number. In that year, there were a couple of pretty significant quakes. One was on April 21 in San Salvador (in what is now El Salvador) – the first place that Columbus saw when he thought he'd reached India – and the other, in Ica, Peru was on Dec 18.

Both regions can be quite seismically active and in fact I've had my eye on Peru for a little while now and am expecting something sizeable there before too long. I'm not so sure about El Salvador, but it's not impossible by any stretch. The last bad one there was in 1986 if I recall correctly. True, Greece could also have a big one as it's been a while since their last major quake, but in the first case I'd tend towards Peru.

By the way, someone mentioned their app gave them “Indian” but they discarded it as unlikely. However, if it means a part of India, the northern regions are seismically active and have had some pretty strong quakes over the years, including a mag 6.8 (Mw) in Sikkim last September. On the other hand it might refer to the Indian Ocean region. I'm sure we all recall the devastating Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of 2004. There was also a mag 8.6 (Mw) quake in that region just last month. So, while it's not out of the question that they'll get more, let's hope there are none in the near future!

However...

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Today's word is.........................

Llama

lol it was the first word out of the app.

Now, while I noticed a few members mentioned China/Chinese, I still felt more strongly about Peru. But in my mind, this one word changes things a lot: whenever I see the word “Llama” I hear it (wrongly) as “Lama” and it reminds me of the Dalai Lama, Tibet, a certain T. Lobsang Rampa and his writings about Lamas in “The Third Eye”, and also what he said about the sufferings of his country.

I'm sure everyone knows that Tibet was invaded by the Chinese over 60 years ago (which is why the Dalai Lama has lived in exile for so long). Technically, it's now the “Tibet Autonomous Region” but is claimed by China as its own territory.

But do they get quakes there? Yes, they do. They had a bad quake up that way on April 14, 2010. Now known as the 2010 Yushu Earthquake, although it was “only” a magnitude 6.9 (Mw) it killed more than 2,500 people, partly because the construction standards there mean that many buildings are not very quake-resistant.

This leads me to suspect that if there is anything to what we're trying to achieve here (and there might be), then in the near future there may be a significant quake in the Yushu/Tibet border region. Somewhere around the region of 33 N and 96 E, if we want a location on a map.

On past history, any quake there in the mid to high mag 6 Mw range or stronger could cause serious casualties. One over a mag 7 could be very bad indeed if it hits the same region, as even some buildings that survived the last quake could have been weakened and might fail.

So, a short list: I'd put China's Tibet Autonomous Region first. Peru is also highly likely, especially near the coastal side of the country. I think San Salvador's a maybe, and Greece – well yes, it's a seismically active region and can't be counted out. In the case of Greece, I'd suggest the two most likely regions would be either the Gulf of Corinth or around the Dodecanese Islands – possibly Rhodes.

By the way, I'm now running the xParanormal computer app, but while it's come out with some interesting stuff I haven't had any countries mentioned.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Yeah, that is the app I am using, and as I was reading your post it said "serious"

Very nice post!
edit on 13-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thank you... I got the app after reading your posts.

And just after I posted, mine (which had remained dumb the whole hour or so I spent writing) said "database". Funny, that, because if I'm doing serious quake research then I spend a lot of time searching quake databases. In fact, they are about the only databases I do search and have bookmarked.

I'll be very interested to see how this all pans out.

Okay, it's already after 10:30 pm here and I must get up at 6 am. Time to log out I guess. I'll check back tomorrow.

By the way, folks, if any major quake happens anywhere in the world, the geeks over on the Quakewatch thread will have any and all data very promptly -- and from reliable sources.

Mike

edit on 13/5/12 by JustMike because: linky fixed

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a quick note, today so far I have gotten "Mya, serious, able, Asia border, manicure"

I'll have to keep more careful watch over the #s I get, this app seems to like the 1500's for some reason...lol
When it does spit out #s it is usually 1500's or 1600's.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: added more words

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just a quick one from me. I've not had chance yet to do any kind of controlled test etc, only some random sessions where I have turned on GR on my tablet and left it running a while. There has been nothing said of note,but I have noticed it seems to get most active when I leave the room. Anybody else noticed this or is it just me ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just to et you guys know if you have EMF/K2 readers...

If you are using one whilst the Ghost Radar is on a cell phone (iPhone or Android phone) the cell give off a signal which will disrupt the EMF reader.

I once visited someone who had the radar and was freaking out when words were being used. The EMF in the middle of the room was picking up high readings, the one I was holding was giving a smaller reading. I walked towards the phone held it against the phone and turned the phone off. The EMF reading instantly died.

The same thing will happen if you send a text message, the EMF will spike and then die out. The app does the same thing.

Just wanted to make you guys aware.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
Just to et you guys know if you have EMF/K2 readers...

If you are using one whilst the Ghost Radar is on a cell phone (iPhone or Android phone) the cell give off a signal which will disrupt the EMF reader.

I once visited someone who had the radar and was freaking out when words were being used. The EMF in the middle of the room was picking up high readings, the one I was holding was giving a smaller reading. I walked towards the phone held it against the phone and turned the phone off. The EMF reading instantly died.

The same thing will happen if you send a text message, the EMF will spike and then die out. The app does the same thing.

Just wanted to make you guys aware.

Thanks schoolproject,

MY G.R. is on my iPad...which does not currently have Internet.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaspar
Just a quick one from me. I've not had chance yet to do any kind of controlled test etc, only some random sessions where I have turned on GR on my tablet and left it running a while. There has been nothing said of note,but I have noticed it seems to get most active when I leave the room. Anybody else noticed this or is it just me ?

Whether being in the room with the G.R. or out, my results are pretty much the same.
It seems to have a mind of it's own and can become very active or go quiet for intermittent periods.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If you have a K2 meter I would use it whilst you have your Ghost Radar up

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
reply to post by IAMTAT

If you have a K2 meter I would use it whilst you have your Ghost Radar up

Thank you. I don't have one yet...but am thinking I will get one.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

My wife won't let me get any ghost hunting stuff...

I do want to get a k2 meter some day though.

And the ghost app says "knew"

whatever that means lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

My wife won't let me get any ghost hunting stuff...

I do want to get a k2 meter some day though.

And the ghost app says "knew"

whatever that means lol

She won't let you get a k2 meter???
...Even after you got her that RING with a ROCK THAT'S NUTS?
How unfair

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would break out the Ouija Board and ask it if the app is working right.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I asked mine about 2 hours ago, and the first actual country to pop up, in fact, it is only like the 2nd or 3rd time since I got this program that it has mentioned a country, was Greece.

After I turned it on I stated out loud I wanted to know where the next big quake was going to be...
That was about the 3rd word out of it today. Before that it was 1594, then algebra then advent (or something similar, I didn't write it down ) and now at
4:43 pm CST
Greece.

We'll see. I am being super skeptical about this, but because it said Greece, I thought I would share.
As I was posting it said mathematics. lol
edit on 10-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Just a shot in the dark, Darkblade,

I don't have a map/globe handy right now, but could these numbers you're getting possibly represent longitude and latitude map coordinates (North and South of degrees & minutes)?

I've never been able to get numbers on mine.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Looks like Thailand...or Burma if 1594 just represents Lat. and Long.

Uh...oh...1594 could also be off the coast of Peru.

edit on 14-5-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Could also be just off the west coast of Indonesia in the Indian ocean...or off of the south western tip of Mexico.
ALL of the above coordinates are earthquake hot zones.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Interesting observation about Peru. In my post yesterday I ranked Peru as "highly likely", second only after the Tibetan region.

Well as it turns out, earlier today there was a magnitude 6.2 (Mw) quake in northern Chile, about 55 miles in from the coast and right near the border with Peru. This was actually the strongest quake in the world since a mag 6.6 in Tonga back on April 28.

Here's the data page from USGS:

Magnitude 6.2 - TARAPACA, CHILE
2012 May 14 10:00:39 UTC

Versión en Español

Details
Summary
Maps
Scientific & Technical

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.2
Date-Time

Monday, May 14, 2012 at 10:00:39 UTC
Monday, May 14, 2012 at 06:00:39 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 17.816°S, 69.749°W
Depth 98.3 km (61.1 miles)
Region TARAPACA, CHILE
Distances

57 km (35 miles) ENE (69°) from Tacna, Peru
98 km (61 miles) NE (39°) from Arica, Chile
143 km (89 miles) ESE (119°) from Moquegua, Peru
1009 km (627 miles) SE (130°) from LIMA, Peru

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 12.4 km (7.7 miles); depth +/- 3.4 km (2.1 miles)
Parameters NST=606, Nph=638, Dmin=146.9 km, Rmss=1.17 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=E
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0009pcc

Here's a shot from Google Earth where I've marked the quake's location and identified where Peru and Chile are in relation to it:

So okay, while this quake wasn't in Peru it was about as close as you can get without...ummm...being in Peru. And as I stated, it's near the coast. (Nothing mysterious in why I said that, though. There's a subduction zone along the coast and history shows that most of the bigger quakes are therefore likely to occur nearer to the coast rather deep inland.)

Even though this was the biggest quake in the world in over two weeks, I don't consider that today's event satisifies the requirements for a "major" event. It's still nothing huge. But it could indicate another, larger event might be coming up in the same region quite soon.

Meanwhile it's still interesting with some things we've discussed, so I thought I'd share it with you all.

Mike

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike,
Great information. Again, thank you so much.
Peru is definitely a major hot spot...and the potential for the 'big one' is surely there.
I agree that this most recent quake, while large, probably isn't the one we're expecting.
-TAT

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I downloaded GR last night, being fully skeptical that an app could be used to communicate with the other side. Even my wife laughed at what a waste of time and money it was.

About 45 minutes into my session I heard my name come from my ipod touch. I looked at my wife and she was now wide-eyed. I asked her if I could set it on her stomach because she is pregnant. She was reluctant but nonetheless finally agreed.

After several minutes I got the word "event" followed a few minutes later by "child". My wife now begged me to shut it off because she,"does not want to know if there are ghosts in the house."

I was skeptical at first but am now convinced that once the app warms up it truly does work.

Happy hunting guys.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Good story, IamAbeliever,
That is how it totally shocked me, as well. From skeptic to believer...after hearing my full name.
Your story about your wife and her pregnancy is really similar to that of Amongus' earlier in this thread---check it out, if you haven't already.

Thanks for sharing...and keep us posted on any new experiences.
Also, try having it help us predict the time and place of this coming so-called 'Mega-Quake.

-TAT

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join