It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Box- Do they really work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Can you explain more on quan.Alc rhythms and how a spirit would use those?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by neotech1neothink

Thank you for your information. One thing that worries me is opening a door and not knowing how to close it.

Apparently to avoid them sticking around and not going back you must always tell them 'good bye' that you are shutting off and leaving, and wait for a response.
In my age as my skepticism grows as I age even more, this thing yesterday and today fascinates me. If it can make me believe even more in the afterlife (or whatever) so be it, it drives me to obtain one of these radios to modify.

Problem is, what radio to buy? I am not paying mega-bux to buy one already modded when I can do it myself.
Seems all the radios people put instructions out for are now obsolete and no longer available.
What radios are people using now?
This SB7 radio has the brand name removed, so I cannot determine what make it is.

There must be some way to make a non-scanning radio work, just shimmy in a variable pot into the tuner to auto-tune for you or along the lines of that possible method?

I need a new toy.

Oh, and good bye, I'm shutting off.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

If you want to waste $80 on a "ghost box" go ahead - I'm going to buy an Easter Bunny Trap and some X-Ray glasses.

Do those things work? Can you suggest a model and manufacturer? rofl

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Generally speaking a ghost box is a radio that scans all the radio waves listening for anything. A question is asked and presumably the universe responds by having the box stop at the right time and the right moment for a brief piece of a radio broadcast to come through with just the right words that answer the question. Now, I believe that they can be used as a valid tool with some modifications.
Put the thing in a Faraday cage. This will make sure that no radio signals are actually being picked up and if for some reason it does manage to tune into the right frequency and a response is heard, then it won't be coming from anything except what would be right next to the device itself. In addition, being able to see the frequency it landed on and to be able to hit a button to "mark" that frequency will give an additional reference point to determine if results are found on a specific wave-length. So I don't think they work as they are, but I think that it's possible they could be used as a valid piece of research equipment.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

Do NOT listen to the ill-mannered reply under your first post. Ghost box do work. I am an investigator...I am experienced ...and from that experience I can tell you again...they do work. I've had to many questions answered directly threw mine for it to be just blah blah or whatever the guy was spouting. Not only that, I was able to gain info that I received from my ghost box that I would not have known any other way.

To many questions answered for it to be just a coincidence. I made my own ghost box using a radio shack AM-FM w/ weather band. It gives me many more frequency's- bands to search. Whatever radio you choose all you need to do is find the mute inside the box on the motherboard. You must find a radio that has its gadgets Soldered on and not the ones w/ the ribbons. Not unless you know where the mute is on the ribbon so you can cut it...i am not familar w/ the ribbons and have not heard a of a hacker being able to cut the connection. Anyways..You scratch the solder off w/ a knife to cut the connection so when you hit search the dial will only scroll threw the channels and not stop. I learned how to do this by looking up shack hacks for ghost box on YouTube. It may sound hard but it's not.

I just got done w/ an investigation where items were thrown at me....one item in particular was a piece of wood w/ 3 nails pounded half way threw it. Had a wall not been there...I would have been impaled..lol on my ghost box I caught a little girl saying..." evil is stalking us" I don't know if she was referring to me or? It is really impressive.

I'm putting all the evidence together now..when I'm finished I'll post" it's really cool.

Anyhow..if I've been any help at all and you need more...feel free to message me anytime.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

The Ghost Radar smart phone app works. It is a ghost box/ovilus. Just read the reviews, it sort of "speaks for itself", wink wink

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is tangential but related.

I have looked and looked and looked but can't find an answer.
When EVP first came about it was described as a phenomenon that occurs due to the way recordings are recorded on magnetic tape.
That being it was something that occurred because of analogue technology.

Now EVP is defined as any spirit recordings on audio/video that aren't detected at the time of recording.
Digital recorders are now used by most ghost hunters.

Digital recording doesn't record the same way analogue magnetic tape does though.
The difference between a digital recorder and a tape cassette recorder is almost the difference between vinyl and CDs.
Both digital and analogue recorders both use magnetic storage, but one is direct magnetic writing the other is a digital signal that is encoded.

So were the original people who coined the term just mistaken and EVP isn't dependent on the magnetic signature?
Did the energy ghosts give off change somehow over the years?
Are people lying about EVP and just changed the definition to fit new technology?

I do believe in the supernatural, and strange things out there.
I just don't like how the people involved keep changing the rules as they go along.
I've never gotten a straight answer to this, and if someone isn't selling snake oil they should at least be able to say "I don't know, that's a good question".

Heck, put 4 recorders next to each other, two analogue, two digital.
At the very least both digital should have the same spirit message at the same time, and all 4 really should have it because the analogue recorders used to be used in EVP work.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

The one thing that is typically the same between analog and digital recorders is the microphone. Both will respond to magnetic fluctuations and record that on whatever medium the device is using. Some devices you can stick close to an electrical outlet and hear the hum of electricity when played back. There have even been some experiments in using a coil that will not record audible sound and they have been known to pick up EVP's. My own personal theory about why some pick up sound while others don't has to do with the phase the recording is being made at. A simplified explanation of this is as follows:
Imagine numbers from 1 to 10 written around a circle. One device starts recording at 1, another at 3 a third at 5 and so on. Each device records data around the circle so they are all recording information as they "pass" each number but each device passes the number at a different time. So if a "voice" only says something at 5 and only one device is recording at 5 at the time then only one device will pick it up. Because devices all record at different rates it's rare that more than one device will capture something.
With analog recorders the speed that a device goes around the "circle" is determined by how fast the tape passes the recording heads. The speed is not consistent because as tape builds up on one side of the cassette the speed of the recording can change slightly although usually imperceptibly. (unless the battery is low) Digital recorders have a set frequency. This is where you see the 4400kbps ratings come in. Each bit is a point of data and the device would record 4,400,000 pieces of data every second.
David M. Rountree wrote a book called Paranormal Technology that does an excellent job of explaining the good and the bad about current technology used in paranormal research. You may find a better explanation there.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteriousEyes1

Not sure if they work, since I haven't plugged mine up yet, but Steve Hess sure seems to stand behind it. There are several reputable apps at www.ghosthunterapps.com, including the SCD-1, which is highly rated. There is also the Hess Wonder Box, which seems to accompany and amplify the accuracy and usefulness of the ghost box. For $600 you can build one yourself and this YouTube video makes the results seem pretty irrefutable :/

youtu.be...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have three apps from www.GhostHunterApps.com, created by Steve Huff and Anthony Sanchez. I am agnostic for the most part, and if it does work I couldn't say why. Maybe they're ghosts, maybe it's inter-dimensional, maybe it's the power of mind unconsciously influencing electronics, and maybe it's all a matter of chance. But if it's chance, there's a lot of it to spare.

Here's an audio clip of the box (SCD-1) telling me "Especially the possibility that this box will kill you" near the end. I also have one where I ask them to say my name and it says "Dan, it's Dan." What's weirder is that it sounds like my voice, though I NEVER said it and I certainly never said anything as specific as "It's Dan". I had the microphone turned off just in case the app was using bull# algorithms based on input audio. I'm sure now this isn't the case.

drive.google.com...
edit on 18-5-2016 by DanBringhurst because: wrote the box's message wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join