learn more

Ghost Box- Do they really work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Text

I have been researching Ghost Boxes and wondered if anyone has purchased one and do they really work? So far, we have found one online. SB7 Spirit Box

Has anyone purchased one? Is there a brand you could recommend that you have used and found that it really worked?

Thanks, for the help in this matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You realize this thing is just picking up radio waves?

You can adjust the sound levels and scan frequency, insuring that with enough fiddling you'll hear what you want to - but it won't be ghosts, just a lack of understanding of technology and your imagination.

If you want to waste $80 on a "ghost box" go ahead - I'm going to buy an Easter Bunny Trap and some X-Ray glasses. Maybe we can meet up after and compare our finds.

I have a friend who is an active ghost hunter with a fairly large organization. She takes audio recordings and reviews for ghost noises. I have listened to quite a lot of audio with her, and where she hears a "ghost" I hear static and interference... You should buy a metal detector and at least go out looking for something you can find. You might even find something valuable.

GHOST towns are a great place to go metal detecting. Picturesque, too.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Off topic i know but that really made me laugh

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Thank you for your input. I can never understand the words on the ghost shows and was curious as to if they really work.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's a fraud, just like the flash light used. Any ghost hunting show on TV is a fraud so don't buy all the gimmicks they use.

There are a few things people need to consider when using a Ghost Box. In doing so, the so-called responses obtained from the Ghost Box will be better understood. According to psychologists, there is a phenomenon called Pareidolia. It is defined as a type of misperception involving an obscure stimulus (an image or sound), which is perceived as something clear and distinct. This is a common phenomenon in EVP analysis. If this phenomenon is applied to the Ghost Box, it becomes obvious that the responses provided through it are given a greater sense of attention. However, this does not address the argument made that the Ghost Box provides specific responses to questions asked. An explanation for this involves Subjective Validation/Personal Validation Effect, whereby a person will accept a statement or other wording to be correct, or valid. In other words, when a person asks a question during the use of a Ghost Box, they will be paying attention to words reflecting an anticipated response. Any other information that is scanned throughout the AM channels will be ignored. What the Ghost Box amounts to is a condition of cognitive bias!

The Ghost Box is not owed to coincidence alone. This is not what is being suggested here. Instead, something familiar is occurring here in regards to other paranormal hoaxes and frauds that have been documented. In a similar fashion to mediums using Cold Readings, the Ghost Box provides responses that match or are relevant to anticipated answers or statements. What this amounts to is a technique of spiritual deception. Frank Sumption has provided the Ghost Box to various individuals who have used it for such a deceptive purpose. According to various reports, Frank Sumption has made only a few of these special boxes, and only for certain people. These recipients only receive a Ghost Box on the instructions of “spirits” given to Frank Sumption. Again, according to various reports, one such recipient is a man named Chris Moon, who uses the Ghost Box to charge people money in exchange for communication with their recently departed loved ones. This is no different from the techniques used by modern Spiritualists, who exploit grieving people for money.

ocprstoronto.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

I conducted my own experiment, I am firm on my stance, but you can be your own judge...if you're so inclined...

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Thank you for your response. I think, I will let other people do their own research in the spiritual world and keep my focus on the living. :}

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ghost Box- Do they really work?

My personal experience is that plain old digital voice recorders and post-speak EVPs work the best. It is not a means of real-time communication but it eliminates the chances of misunderstanding.

This is still a field in its infancy. Ghost boxes look pretty cool but I am not yet personally convinced of their reliability.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thank you, redoubt for your response. :}

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
Text

I have been researching Ghost Boxes and wondered if anyone has purchased one and do they really work? So far, we have found one online. SB7 Spirit Box

Has anyone purchased one? Is there a brand you could recommend that you have used and found that it really worked?

Thanks, for the help in this matter.

Hi MysteriousEyes1,

Yes Ghost Box's sure do work. They are a reality and you don't have to pay a fortune for them.

I personally have an "Airband" hand held radio, on which I keep the tuning button pressed down with my finger while it scans forwards through the channels and then backwards through the same channels.

All recorded using Goldwave software via a wire from its headphone socket to my pc.

However, it is the processing of the recording by your mind that is the important thing. It is extremely difficult and tiring and time consuming to pick out the words. Other times they are clear as a bell.

The messages I picked up were whole sentences but they made zero sense and were not applicable to anything e.g. "Elvis walked across the carpet". A genuine message but meaningless!

Of greatest EXTREME annoyance is the radio NOISE which caused me to give it up in favor of analyzing REVERSE SPEECH.

However, that doesn't mean I won't drop right back into it should I think it necessary.

Good luck MysteriousEyes1 in your own personal research.

WARNING! - Do NOT record your own voice or those of your friends and relatives when doing REVERSE SPEECH - you can and WILL get messages which will fcuk your mind up for the rest of your living days! It is much better to record things - music/speaking - off youtube instead - on which to do your research. The GHOST BOX/REVERSE SPEECH world is REAL beyond your wildest imaginings!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

Thank you for your information. One thing that worries me is opening a door and not knowing how to close it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

That was a seriously interesting thread although I couldn't get your mp3's.
The scripts were very interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't buy a spirit box, but I did try something else. Get a cheap micro recorder. When you leave your house for work, go shopping, whatever, turn it on and leave it laying somewhere central. Living room, kitchen, doesn't really matter as long as it can pick up sound from a large area. If you have a hot spot, leave it there. When you get back, check it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

That is a really good idea. Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That's a pretty ignorant statement to make unless you have first hand ghost hunting experiment.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Do you know what range of radio waves it scans? Just curious for more information - so far I haven't been able to find out. TIA

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes they work!!! I am a paranormal investigater myself. I've made my own and bought off the Internet. I only use the one I made myself because of volume and the strength.

Basically you need to get the dial to continuous scan and you do that by disconnecting the mute button from the board inside. I learned how to do it by watching YT vids.

I could never find the model that the particular video was demo'ing....so I got to thinking....I just need to find a system like the ones they're demo'ing and apply the same idea. I went and got a Shack A.M/F.M.-Weather band model and to tell you the truth...I think it works better because more freq.

It's very important to know....the model you get cannot be w/ a ribbon on the board...unless you know how to cut the mute on the ribbon and being that I have no idea.....you have to find a model that welds the wires together on the board so you can scrape the metal off the connection or snip the wire. However the board is put together. Find a model and get on the Internet and find the scmatics for it or usually the mute is in the same location as all the others. Again...I just watched plenty of how to's and figured it out that way.

I hope I've been of some help.....and again...they do work.

I have an awesome investigation I did where one of my team members was scratched...I will be posting the vid soon, but... I got a lot of good stuff off my box and digi recorders....it was a wild nite and the best investigation thus far.
edit on 26-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I relayed the information to my husband. I for one do not want to mess with it. I wouldn't know how to close an open portal if that should happen. We have this ghost radar on his Ipad and it was really freaky last weekend when our daughter was here. He posted the story on here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I read that!! If you guys want the ghost box I bought off the Internet...it's yours for free.. I don't use it.. I like mine way better. reading your experience w/ the iPad was cool. I have that app...and they say it uses the phones quan.Alc rhythms.

I have not used in on investigations to see how accurate it can be....there is no mistaking that it was a little weird that your husband heard his name twice and last name 1 time....but....until further data is compiled...I wouldnt trust it on an actual investigation. If you are interested in making your own and need more guidance ....I'm here for you. (w)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I will ask him if he wants it. I appreciate your offer of help. That is very kind of you. This ghost stuff makes me leery to be honest. My husband loves it. The ghost radar reminds me of an electronic wigi board.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join