It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Dec. 22, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I believe that on Dec. 22, 2012, the day the Mayan calender claims the apocolypse will occur on, will be when aliens attack the earth. What do you believe?

Please, I'm open for opinions.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That that is one day before my birthday
I will be pissed if I don't get my birthday cake.

I beleive it wont happen, its just a calendar

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think it will be a safe bet to say that nothing will happen because if it did, I would probably not be alive to pay out. Any takers?

But seriously, we have seen dates come and go uneventfully. Why should this one be any different.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
maybe your right but you should always be prepared

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chesse
maybe your right but you should always be prepared

How does one prepare against an unknown event even if the date is known? A pair of fresh underwear is a safe bet I guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Since nothing else of the Mayan mythology appars to be true, I see no reason to treat this little tidbit any differently.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To be honest its best not to worry about it. If it happens it happens.

There are an infinite amount of things that COULD happen. Live in the present, deal with what HAS happend. No-one can predict what will and what won't happen.

Enjoy life.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
To be honest its best not to worry about it. If it happens it happens.

There are an infinite amount of things that COULD happen. Live in the present, deal with what HAS happend. No-one can predict what will and what won't happen.

Enjoy life.

Finally, someone who has an open mind

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe it is December 21, 2012 not the 22nd.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe that Santa Claus is real. (sarcasm)

Mkay, "Apocalipse" a classic i would say. If it is going to happen, it will happen and we cant do nothing about it. *boom* dead..

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If it has to be an important date whatsoever, I think it will be the day when humanity will know that we are not alone... If not, then I don't know. In my views, that very symbolic moment may just be nothing but a restarting of it all if it is not something else of importance...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
you know, i had know idea that that was a signifigant date until i watched the last episode of the x-files

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Maybe the Mayans just got bored and stopped their calender there. Look...these prophecies are so stupid. I mean...if someone like Nostradomus could predict the twin towers falling, then why the hell doesn't he jus tell us directly instead of putting in hints and clues here and there. It's all crap. I won't believe it until the day after that day when I'm still standing on this earth laughing at all you freaking out by the apoclypse. Live today, then worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. Life is short, and if you spend it worrying if you will die tomorrow because of a world apocalypse, then you've wasted your life.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I doubt anything will happen but if it does I think it would be insignifigant or positive. A lot of people think it means the calendar ends but its really referring to entering a new 'cycle'. I've never read anything that said this meant something negative would happen.

Either way, I definitely don't think aliens are going to attack.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The end of their Long Count calendar is December 21, 2012 not the 22nd.

The Mayans were incredibly good astronomers. Which is why there is so much weight backing up their "mythology". The Mayans accurately tracked the precession of the equinoxes (which is widely known now). The end of the Long Count does not mark the end of our days or the end of time...at least I havnt read anywhere that the Mayans driectly said that. However to answer this question you should understand what the Long Count was used for (they had many calendars). The Long Count recorded the planetary Great Cycle:

8 baktuns or 1,152,000 days
11 katuns or 79,200 days
15 tuns or 5,400 days
3 uinals or 60 days
18 kins or 18 days

That is the length of a Great Cycle. If you add that to the start of the Great Cycle on 13 August 3114 BC...you get the infamous doomsday date of December 21, 2012. To the Mayans this date was not the end but another beggining. There is indeed ALOT of importance put on this date from the Mayans. Naturally it will seem like mythology's hocus pocus to modern day.
However, since their methodology for tracking astronomical events holds hands with our modern day astronomers why not give their mythology a chance? My advice: learn to swim.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I will be having mexican that night, or maybe the day before. I find it interesting that the myans were even able to grasp the concept of other planets. They must have known a little something and at the very least I will be having my favorite dinner. Last meal or maybe just another good meal. See you there.

Side note: Using there as if I were referencing a place, when actually it should be "see you then" . We do refer to the future as a place though, so maybe see you there is correct.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting.. even though youre not allowed to post links or site names.. do a search on 'planet x' and 'nibiru' --weird yet intriguing

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I say then on the weeks prior to that date we have one huge ATS party get drunk make fake prophecies write them down transmit them into space and then call ourselves cool for the stupid things we can do I think thats what their opinion was before they disseapeared from civilization or more of like a thing they do before a group of them dies you feel me?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why open a next thread about 2012 again??? There are enough threads on the subject already.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Why open a next thread about 2012 again??? There are enough threads on the subject already.

Point taken.

Closed.

top topics

join