It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical Thinking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I just read a great post by a member regarding critical thinking and some of the different 'trollish' tactics used on this board. There was not one single instance of direct attack on a particular person; just this members rhetoric regarding the different 'personalities' on this site and how they choose to make their arguments.

This thread was immediately deleted. Why? There was absolutely no reason. There was no untoward profanity, no solicitation, no personal attacks toward other members.

The member whom made that thread (the guy with the WoW Orc as an avatar) might have appreciated this video in his thread. This was the title: "Civilian COINTELPRO: Pseudo-rationalism, or the Wikipedia School of Rhetoric"

edit on 23-4-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This thread?

If so it does not appear deleted.

Your video is not functioning properly, by the way.
edit on 23-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

On second thought there may have been a double post and the thread you were observing was the one deleted.
edit on 23-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it was deleted and then reposted. I made a comment in the thread, on page 2. Now there is no page 2.

I've seen it happen before, maybe just a technical error?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Huh. Weird. I tried to star/flag it and reply...clicked probably 2 or 3 times...and kept getting the ATS 404 thing. I never saw a duplicate post either.

Technical difficulties, I guess. Either way- there are a lot of members on this site that should watch that video!

Edited to add: now it's happening with other posts too. Oo
edit on 23-4-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Could possibly be technical problems. As I just witnessed a post made in a thread eight minutes after the thread was closed.

I like the video you posted.

top topics

join